/hpg/ Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no:8081/stream.flac
hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23
hifimediy.com/Sabre-9018-DAC
alkasar.online.fr/mesures/HifiMeDIY SABRE 24-96 DAC v1.htm
bestbuy.com/site/sennheiser-audiophile-over-the-ear-headphones-titan/1700513.p
schiit.com/products/fulla-2
my.mixtape.moe/lppsoa.mp3
soundcloud.com/nvoy/thinkin-bout-u-1
my.mixtape.moe/howgmp.wav
my.mixtape.moe/urixsj.flac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Listen to chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

Good bright-sounding IEM with good separation and soundstage within $150?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

I need some dac+amp advice. Basically, it needs to be able to feed efficient, low impedance headphones like the mdr-7506 and it needs to be reasonably transparent. It doesn't need much power. Maybe even just a DAC would do, as long as it provides a little power to drive easy headphones.
Budget is 50€, can stretch a little if there's no other way.
Tried to feed them from the motherboard there -> nasty noise. Tried to feed them from a usb soundcard I had in some drawer, and it sounds good, but it's LOUD AF, even at the lowest non-mute volume setting. Basically I need something I can just get sent to my family to use the mdr-7506 with.

Change Log:
- Add info for ATH-M70x, HE-400S, and 99 Classics
- Add note on how to reduce HD 600 clamp force

Additional comments:
I don't understand what HIFIMAN is thinking with the HE-400I and HE-400S. The S is the warmer of the pair and the I the more analytical. The I's retail price is $200 higher but is often ~$50 lower than the S. ??? The 99 Classics is pretty much the same as the 99 Neo just less clamp force and wood. I somewhat want to merge it into the Neo. I'm considering creating a sound section next to pros/cons that spec out whether the bass/mids/highs are recessed/neutral/boosted. It can probably be more detailed but that's probably ok for a first pass sound section.

>creating a sound section next to pros/cons that spec out whether the bass/mids/highs are recessed/neutral/boosted.
Good idea, user.

Maybe something like one of these:

hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23
hifimediy.com/Sabre-9018-DAC

hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23 is measurably transparent: alkasar.online.fr/mesures/HifiMeDIY SABRE 24-96 DAC v1.htm

Haven't seen your posts in a while, last I remember the site was just a white background w/ headphones.
Anyways, good progress.

new audeze lcd pro
1200$

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

@62766150
why do people (You) farm? it's equivalent to karma whoring on reddit

Tomorrow I will see if the HD600 is a meme or not.

What does /hpg/ think of these boys?

Literally rebranded Chinkshit with a mic slapped on for twice the original price. Just get an SHP9500S and a V-Moda Boom Pro and you'll have something that doesn't sound like shit.

Yeah it's coming along, far far bigger of a time dump than I initially anticipated though.

Just get a vmoda boom pro and a set of better headphones.

Just got these negros, upgraded from HD201. I'm liking open for gaming, didn't need any noise cancelling anyway.

too late I already have them lolole

How much does the o2 costs in Europe? It has a switch for low/high impedance headphoned, The one i tested worked fine with a V6, DT880, HD600 and even AD900X.

p l s

I wish she would plug her toes right into my mouth.

What's the difference?

Takao a shit

>lolole

lolole

xd

just ordered custom studios, pls convince me I didn't fuck up
I saw them discussed a lot here, but does anyone actually own them?

>SHP9500S
For gaming? lol

I need headphones. My budget goes up to around 200$. It's for PC, mostly for games and music. What I really want from them is to be durable and comfortable. Audio quality isn't that important. It'd be cool if they'd have some kind of volume control on them, but whatever.

I have a weird issue. On my left earpad, theres a spot on the right half (or right quarter) of the earpad circle, when i push on it with my finger it makes kind of a pop sound on release. I don't have to push hard or anything, its quite sensitive. I just figured out how to reproduce this just now since for a while I've heard this pop sound in my left ear from the slightest movement of my head. Any idea what is up with this earpad?

>durable and comfortable
Ath-msr7

Bonus points because they also sound great.

bestbuy.com/site/sennheiser-audiophile-over-the-ear-headphones-titan/1700513.p

+

schiit.com/products/fulla-2

Is the Onkyo A-9155 an OK entry level amp?

What's /hpg/ listen to?
my.mixtape.moe/lppsoa.mp3

Thanks

Kraken Pro V2
Pioneer Bluetooth
Lasmex L85
Urbanite XL

pls respond

for speakers it's an excellent entry level amp.

HD579

Just got my msr7s today. These things are pretty damn bright compared to my old m50s

soundcloud.com/nvoy/thinkin-bout-u-1

I really, really want to suck on that foot.

Dt880

>msr7

>comfortable

pffffttHAHAHAHA

Not this. Ear-raping treble.

>Dt880
>durable
No.

eq

>mom I posted it again!

personally not a huge fan of this design, the curved edges especially. Though it probably lowers the weight .

>Implying.

The Aeons on the wall are my newest. They are incredible.

Why not to EQ 10$ walmart shitphones then?

I fell for the IEM meme today

>get nice new headphones
>can now hear all the flaws in low-quality shit
fuck

If you aren't supposed to bother with a DAC for a computer because of analog digital or whatever then why do people keep posting about them here?

It's a long-term stress fracture problem with the DT770/880/990. A short-term stretch demonstration does not invalidate the well documented long-term stress fracture problem.

>budget
i was thinking beredynamic.
are these cans good for general usage?

Yes. They are very good for $200. Disregard shitposters. Get that or something like an HD579 or a K712 on eBay

Right, except the source from that pic doesn't denie having hamhanded his headphones, same can't be said for the other poster responding to the discussion saying his headphoned were fine but his kids destroyed it causing the same damage...
Still, if you are so worried about user's purchase why don't you present a more durable/comfortable solution?

It's not a bad choice for the price.

HD599 are just a tiny more v-shaped.
Fun to listen tough.

my.mixtape.moe/howgmp.wav

pretty gay
this is alright

I want to lick her feet

>pretty gay
post a song that has female vocals that you think isn't gay to listen to

I'm not him, but: my.mixtape.moe/urixsj.flac

RE-400 or mi hybrids?
No cryptic answers this time.

Are the Status Audio CB-1 good or just a meme?

I have a pair of Mee Pinnacle P1 and was considering picking a pair of these up. Would they be an upgrade or should I wait a bit longer and get something in the $500 range?

What's the best DAC+Amp for the DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm for around $100? I'm split between the Schiit Fulla 2 and the FiiO E10K.

Those are an upgrade over literally any IEM at any price.

Get the Schiit

One that gives them mids, so none. Enjoy your shitcans.

Digits don't lie.

If you want neutral sound and can tolerate a DEEP fit they are the GOAT.

I need some IEMs that seal/isolate really well for motorcycle use, any recommendations?

>IEM's
>Motorcycle use

Do you want to die?

none

Stick to your safespace cager.

Those are terrible headphones with ear-raping treble, no mids and a design flaw which causes them all to break in the same spot. Disregard shills.

When you get splattered on the road I'll honk adn flip you off as I drive by motofaggot.

Go back to /o/ and don't come back untill you learn some safety rules, faggot, i don't give a fuck if you die, but you will end up killing someone else.

yeah, no.

this

EDGY
You've obviously never ridden a motorcycle on the freeway before.

See

>You've obviously never ridden a motorcycle on the freeway before.
Oh, it's a good thing you want to talk about that because /o/ is that way, faggot.

Beyerdynamic has the best build quality and overall longevity especially when compared to Sennheiser headphones I think this should be put to rest

This post is accurate.

How in the FUCK do you retards manage to do this? I fucking bent the metal on my DT 990s 600 OHM couldnt even break the fucking plastic. I also have a pair of 990s 80ohm that i basically use to watch tv with throw them around and i still dont have an issue. The only issue that happens is the fucking right ear on my 990s went out for some reason and I believe it was the wires but it was under warranty just sent it back.

>especially when compared to Sennheiser headphones
Um, no sweetie. HD579 and HD598Cs are fucking indestructible. Webm related.

What is the second best pair of headphones in the world in /hpg/'s opinion?

why will no one respond? ;(
is it because I'm not choosing some mainstream meme headphones that are overcharging for literally no differences?

It's a long-term stress fracture problem. That plastic part is a poorly designed part located on the place of the headphones which receive the most stress. Over time it breaks. It's not something you break in a single accident. It's something that breaks from the stress of taking them off and putting them on over and over again over time.

What do you think caused the damage there on this user's? It happens over time because of the design, with those plastic parts being put under a lot of constant pressure.

No clue either, my DT880 is 3 years old and the only problem so far is the pads losing their silver color. A friend of mine has a 5 years old one still new as well, hell, my other friend has a DT100 from the 70's the works fine.

being a fucking retard?