youtube.com/watch?v=EUtUdZilO_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=PtHugtXVWlI
youtube.com/watch?v=7N4sLIde3r8
youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=EUtUdZilO_Q

>when it has a vga port

More laptops pls

That looks great, why we dont have stuff like that anymore?

why didn't you post the original that's about 100x higher resolution

youtube.com/watch?v=PtHugtXVWlI

Its huge. Is it a hardened model for construction or something like that?

because every industrial designer outside of Sony and Panasonic is a tasteless retard who sucked dick to get their job and now tries and fails to copy Apple or just throws together some absolutely disgusting shitpile and calls it good

All new laptops are too plain or plastic shit.

Dell XPS laptops look good.

Panasonic mostly makes resistant or rugged laptops.

So pure and doesnt reek of num*le design

I need one, japan please.

that's a 10" netbook

God I want this so bad.

Only thing missing is a track point.

They look good but have shit for ports.
2 fucking USB ports and one USB C. And no ethernet port.

What a fucking joke.

t. owner of an XP15

Why don't we make shit like this anymore
Simple, no glamour no bullshit
Way easier to look at that a crackbook or some other nasty bullshit.

sorry, literally first result off google

>no glamour
laptop is literally made of fucking gold plastic

>Color is glamour
Let me guess, complimenting a woman is rape if she doesn't want it?

We do, it's called the Pixelbook

I want to fuck it

>dat OL

I wouldn't buy a laptop without a VGA port, my current one has both VGA and HDMI and I use both

My uncle has one in black. It's impressive, even with its small size it could hold a BD unit. Truly a worthy succesor of the thinkpad.

>Its huge

>My uncle has one in black. It's impressive, even with its small size it could hold a BD unit. Truly a worthy succesor of the thinkpad.
Is your uncle Japanese?

Why not call it a Japtop?

>The 10-inch notebook is powered by an Intel Core M Broadwell processor and even in Japan it was pretty expensive, costing 160,000 yen, which is roughly $1,500.

It's like 4x THICCer than a modern laptop bro.

>being poor

>the absolute state of the laptop industry

Literally perfect

Electronics are expensive in japan, even if tax free. US get cheaper electronics than most places. In the UK we pay about +1/3 the price of the same thing in US.

Is that a bad thing?
as long as its under 1.5kgs who cares

Depends on the use case. Personally I would be more turned off by the fact it's smaller than my dick. Makes typing or reading a pain at best.

Weeb faggot

These things are expensive even in Japan. Ended up getting an XPS13 instead, couldn't really justify the price just because it looks nice.

Bump

More models MORE POWER

>More models MORE POWER
thius

>FM Towns laptop
Are you fucking pulling my chain? This is fucking awesome.

Thinkpad 235

Just look at that bad boy go.

youtube.com/watch?v=7N4sLIde3r8

Good

thicc

Panasonic Let's Note? More like let's NOT xDD

Posted from my iPhone 8 Plus

Why not? I can't wait to get mine.

Why did you censor numale?

He's self conscious

Tbh the forward edge of the laptop should be chamfered. Would hurt my wrists otherwise.
Ruins the aesthetic though.

When did Japan stop being relevant in electronics?

When the PS3 came out and they announced it was $599 US dollars. The iPhone came out shortly after, and the Japs flocked to it.

I think the bigger reason is because of the giant boom in China, mostly Shenzhen, where the government finally gave people enough slack to be innovative. China has MAD resources, and once they started running, the chink machine didn't slow down. They just out-competed Japan's declining industries.

this can replace my t440s/og surface pro for basic use, and it flips to a tablet for eroge use.

nice

This is a pretty good documentary about the rise of Shenzhen as a world power in commodity tech. You'll understand why Japan lost so much relevance when you see this.

youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY

boi

>tfw X220
>2 USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 on a 12" laptop
>VGA and MiniDP
>card reader
How am I ever supposed to replace this?

>tfw Latitude XT2
>3x USB 2.0 (including 1x eSATAp)
>2x USB 3.0
>Ethernet
>VGA
>SD card reader

I love this thing. Mine's broken, I just have to desolder some RAM and I should be good, if that doesn't work I'm just going to replace it with another XT2

and FireWire

>It's like 4x THICCer than a piece of paper bro.

Mawsu, mawsu, paso kon, mawsu!

get rid of the chicklet board, stick a trackpoint on there, and i'd pay $2k

I love this, too bad it costs that much.

>when you need a dongle to hook it up to an external display

It's got HDMI as well

>it's 4 times thicker than a shitbox that constantly throttles
Some of us actually want a usable laptop
Crazy really

I mean it's alright I guess
Too bad it's chrome os

HDMI is fucking garbage

An instruction set architecture (ISA) is an abstract model of a computer. It is also referred to as architecture or computer architecture. A realization of an ISA is called an implementation. An ISA permits multiple implementations that may vary in performance, physical size, and monetary cost (among other things); because the ISA serves as the interface between software and hardware. Software that has been written for an ISA can run on different implementations of the same ISA. This has enabled binary compatibility between different generations of computers to be easily achieved, and the development of computer families. Both of these developments have helped to lower the cost of computers and to increase their applicability. For these reasons, the ISA is one of the most important abstractions in computing today.

An ISA defines everything a machine language programmer needs to know in order to program a computer. What an ISA defines differs between ISAs; in general, ISAs define the supported data types, what state there is (such as the main memory and registers) and their semantics (such as the memory consistency and addressing modes), the instruction set(the set of machine instructions that comprises a computer's machine language), and the input/output model.

Overview Edit

An instruction set architecture is distinguished from a microarchitecture, which is the set of processor design techniques used, in a particular processor, to implement the instruction set. Processors with different microarchitectures can share a common instruction set. For example, the Intel Pentium and the Advanced Micro Devices Athlon implement nearly identical versions of the x86 instruction set, but have radically different internal designs.

The concept of an architecture, distinct from the design of a specific machine, was developed by Fred Brooks at IBM during the design phase of System/360.

once you got (mini) DP you dont need anything in additional

I'd love to have a lapjap

catchy af

Is pic related the perfect laptop?
> Quad-core i7
> Iris Pro Graphics
> 15 inch 16:10 2880x1800 IPS Godly Display
> Great trackpad
> Great keyboard
> Thin and Light
> 95Wh battery, lasts 8-10 hours (great for a 15 inch)
> No touch meme bar
> Great big stereo speakers
> Glowing Apple logo

What kind of ports does it have?

>15 inch
I prefer the japtop. It's feminine and capable.

No. Pis related.

> 2x USB 3.0
> 2x Thunderbold 2.0 (20Gb/s each)
> HDMI 2.0
> SDXC Card reader
> Magsafe 2

No, it's a "squinttop"

> those tiny bezels
so ahead of it's time. The retina macbook looks better tho

and the girls are cute too

The cardboard stands make it even better

my negro, that horizontal enter key thou...

That’s awesome for some reason

When it only has display port

I have a VAIO Pro 11, all still works well. It's really light and portable, but probably underpowered for what I do now tho
Anyone wanna buy it?

Yeah, but China has no quality control. Japan will always have the best sense of rugged durability to me.
Like Hank Hill would feel about American-made products, I feel that way about Japanese-made ones.
China is shit.

if positivo (a brazilian laptop brand) had such nice ADs i would buy their products.

rip brazil

That's cuz the US is basically poor as shit, they don't have as much buying power.

Sexy af.

i seee what u mean there but it's actually pretty interesting question instead of meme.

> i7 - legit
> iris - whatever, not gayming
> 15 inch - big, prefer 13 for traveling and external screen at home.
> 2880x1800 - on 15" 1080p is enough. yo cant see more that that on that screen + battery impact. 1080p on 13" is perfect imho (considering hi res vs battery drain)
> trackpad - if you dont use clicking UI like windows or macos u basically dont need that besiced browser and few basic operations on system level (like u dont draw some shit in shoop on that)
> keyboard - not at all - perfect keybard is clicky, and nearest to taht is thinkpad keyboard not this design slim stuff
> thin, light - legit (all those thick thinkpads are just meme)
> 8-10h of battery - not at all...majority of users report 3-5 hours on standart usage like web, wifi, decent brightness, decent load. In case of heavy usage like shoop or so - 2 - 3h
> stereo - like useless at all - you dont play sound from laptop and if you need a sound u just plug in earphones or external audio output (2.1 or proper audio card with optical output)

after all those cons this is still great laptop in comparasion with the rest on market. I font give a shit about os which sadly makes like 50% of it's price.

Sup Forums gimme solid alternative to that besides dell xps 13 (screen, battery, performance, thin, light)

I kind of want one of these, they seem engineered for maximum comfy

The main mouse girl is cute af

This

>overpriced shit

I don't think it's possible for something this glorious to be shit