Why do numpads exist in 1990+18? Barely anyone uses them and they just interfere with the mouse

why do numpads exist in 1990+18? Barely anyone uses them and they just interfere with the mouse

>inb4 go back 2 reddit XDD

My keyboard has a calculator launch key above num lock so I use my numpad all the time.

Get a job. You'll find a use.

>barely anyone uses them

t. moron who's never had a desk job in admin

>he doesn't use a numpad

Why do retards think it's 2008 in (2^5 * 3^2 * 7) + 1?

>have 20,000 manual entries, calculations to do
>I'm going to use the top of the keyboard and destroy my hands with carpal tunnel syndrome instead of using a numpad

/thread

I use them for elona+ and doing math

>t. knows nothing about vidya but knee-jerks anything he doesn't like as Sup Forums
Lots of mainstream competitive games use the numpad, CS:GO in particular.

>never done office work
Lucky you.

Ducky?

Clearly not a network engineer

The 90s were two decades ago, user

This. I use it for weapon buying. 1-3 is pistols, 4-6 rifles, 7-9 sniper. / * - and + are grenades. Pretty comfy

imagine being such a retarded shit that you tell anyone who disagrees with you to go back to Sup Forums

>ITT:
>2008
>if OP doesnt use something no one else does

Don't worry. Apple figured you out back in the 1980s. It took real courage to remove all the unnecessary keys that you don't use.

>1900+18
>2008
Is this American education in action?

i should be sleeping

I don't use them but literally go back there.

I use them when I have to enter a bunch of numbers.
MUCH better for entering numbers than the numbers above the letters. you can easily and quickly do it blindfolded

>2008
what

>1900
Is this Eurocuck education in action?

see , i kinda expected this
and no, slavshit

>trying to """edit""" his posts
It's time to go back, friend

>any year
>being a desklet

you can't edit posts on this "four channel" site? no way bro, that's bullshit >:(
and no downvote button? what are you, afraid of opinions?
edit: thanks for the reddit gold, kind stranger!

Why do retards think they need brackets in 1/44.911023145^2

>muh competitive gaem xd

not an argument.

>666+666+666+6+6+7
hipsters still feel the need to use non integers

I need the numpad to do ACTUAL WORK plus I like complex sim games and they often make use of it as well.

>they just interfere with the mouse
you must have broad shoulders
as in your shoulders are that of a broad

>Barely anybody uses them

Do you have any idea how popular doing your finances on computers is? You know how popular of a program Excel is?

I use every key on the full size keyboard at this point except pause/break which is legitimately depreciated in favor of ctrl-c.

have you never actually used a computer for work or is this bait

It's decent for macros.

>having to constantly switch between mouse and keyboard
>not just going full keyboard with a tiling wm workflow

Piece of shit
Numkeys less shitty hippie keyboards for Normies

This.

nigga u dum

lemme guess; mac user?

>Barely anyone uses them

data entry cuck here, I literally use the numpad for 95% of my job

>mfw I used the numpad to complete the captcha

>2008
>Gamer pleb who doesn't use numpad

bak2reddit my friend

literally use it every day for, you know, numbers. are you a fucking retard or something?

2008?

>thinks only gamers use numpads

Get a job already, you fucking NEET.

kys

I use it all the time to input numbers. It's a lot faster than the numbers on the top row for me.

Definitely not Steve's best idea.

Why don't you just buy a keyboard without it if it takes up that much room on your desklet?

Basically because big companies have literal armies of cubical drones who quite frequently have some use for it. I am a bit surprised tenkeyless is not more common for gaming and general home consumer use because they do free up a bit of desk space.

>they just interfere with the mouse
the mouse ?

This. I love my Sidewinder X4

My laptop has a numpad and it's very comfy.

Work with spreadsheets and general data entry all day, not having a numpad really makes me want to kms

Because free space is nothing compare to practical use of numpad.

Even games and modeling software use it for macros.

Who are these nuMales who DON'T want MORE keys?

for some people maybe.. but home users are generally not doing spreadsheets all day, and they are more likely to have a bunch of other shit on the desk and value free space vs being able to enter their phone number 20% faster when they type it once a year

This kind of user is better off with something with a touch screen and battery.

Stop trying to justify your faggot green glow keylets lack of a crucial feature.

The ones who love their nuKeyboards

>Hurr why does thing I don't like exist
Because some people still use them. There are threads here every day full of alternative keyboards that don't have numpads, get yourself a nice mechanical that fits your fancy.

why do trucks exist in 1990+18? Barely anyone uses them and they just interfere with the traffic

I use mine all the time.

That's actually a much more legit question than OP's. Trucks are terribly inefficient.

>he is a gaymen
Mfw

>interferes with the mouse

Noice

Everything is simplified these days, even their brains.

The real question is "What the fuck does ScrollLock do?" At least one manufacturer is on record saying they have no idea what it does, but they put it on keyboards they make, regardless.

they legit should get replaced but m-muh jobs

It records videos. Come on, user, get with the program.

>not an argument
neither is "go back to Sup Forums XDDDD"

Are you fucking gay?

It switches between ports on my KVM. /s

Only your typical contrarian shit would ever say no to more buttons.

FN exists, so why do we have F keys instead of putting them on the number keys? Also nobody ever uses alt so let's just make it one button, ctrl and alt, and to press alt now you have to hit it twice really fast, why not?

because fucktard it's not a laptop and you have space and choice.

Why do people pay hundreds of dollars for these? You're paying more for less.

I wish the numpad was on the left

Retarded hipsters like bullshit like this because they think it both gives them a challenge to do normal things because they aren't capable of anything else, and makes them super unique. basically like that picture of the unicycle outside an apple store.

>he doesn't memorize PINs by feel

Like this: ?

gorgeous

Only way I remembered the gate code to my old townhouse was the pattern.

/Thread

>he doesn't pay bills
Neet thread a shit.

I don't use this, either.

ok, Chris ;)

Exactly

Not him, but I've always used the number row for games.
Easier access with left hand, so I don't have to take my right hand off the mouse.

Oh, really I wonder, why,

it locks scrolling mode
except the vast majority of the time when it does nothing, but it's good to have a key free to remap to other things (although depending on the keyboard and operating system it can be hard)
I mean, we don't need 12 function keys at this point, we don't need 10, we don't even need 8, people typically use none, 1, 2, maybe 3 or 4 of them, but that leaves the other ones open to do whatever you want

>he doesn't use the numpad every time he has to enter a number
I've only recently started using the alpha-block num keys more than once in a great while

Get a job and you will know why

a keyboard without a numpad is trash. If you don't use them then that just means that you are not doing anything important.

>try to use scroll lock
>it's not implemented

The numpad is necessary to play roguelikes

Literal business people had calculator as hand extension, time somebody build computer was obvious had calculator in keyboard as sales point to business people.