OUR YEAR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQVhmdXiySg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 cinebench
inb4 muh temps
inb4 moar coars

720p are you retarded?

Are you? Do you know how CPU performance is tested?

>720p

8700K must be for poorfags who are still rocking 1366x768 displays kek

do you even know why they run it at 720p?

low res, this was proven to be a bullshit test

>buy $400 cpu
>play at 720p
kek

Everyone knows why, that doesn't change the fact that it's a bs test that doesn't translate into real world usage.

nice try """""""""AMDbro""""""""""

remember to report and sage guys

when? it's basically a cpu benchmark

Not even 7600Kucks are going to upgrade to this shit. Hardly anyone has a 1080ti and 144 Hz monitor, let alone 240 Hz.

Yeah, it's a CPU benchmark, alright. A really bad one.

>mfw this is what Incels have been reduced to
>posting 720p benchmarks of a 1080 Ti to prove that they made the right choice

my sides

poo in loozen btfo

>A really bad one.
maybe if you bought amd

>throw x1600 at something like rpcs3
>stutters
really makes you think

Who conducted this benchmark? Can you link the article that details their testbed?

>RPCS3 devs post their update videos running on a Ryzen system

youtube.com/watch?v=lQVhmdXiySg

Really did make me think.

>Ryzen 7 1700
That's why I said x1600. 3x3 CCX suffers greatly from thread jumping and smaller l3$.

That's complete bullshit though. You haven't even got your basic lies right, since the 1600 and 1600X have the same 16MB L3 cache as the octa cores, meaning they actually have MORE per core.

Do you? Low resolution CPU performance has never been indication of CPU performance in the future. It's fucking retarded and not a real life benchmark.

You're retarded. Fist of all each CCX can access only half of the l3$. /emugen/ is constantly filled with people compalining about rpcs3 stuttering on 1600 and being fine on 1700.

720p doesnt indicated future performance for CPUs.

thanks amd

You're retarded. Nobody cares about what /emugen/ has to say about anything. Anybody can claim anything on an anonymous message board. Show me the numbers. Show me the videos. Show me anything except your Incel shilling.

>gets btfo
>i-it's not happening

>720p doesnt indicated future performance for CPUs
It only works on current games, and simulates the performance of a more powerful graphics card, how cpu's are optimized in the future we don't know, since the future hasn't happened yet.

>how cpu's are optimized in the future we don't know, since the future hasn't happened yet.
We know from the past that low resolution benchmarks don't reflect possible bottlenecks in the future with stronger GPU's on normal resolutions. It's fucking stupid to do them.

>provides zero source for his claims
>i-it's happening trust me

>wojak response
good to know you're just an amdrone

>no argument
good to know you're just an incel

I was there for our year. It happened around 06 before Intel knew how to make a proper dual core.

It didn't last long but it was nice.

DELET

WTF I was gonna buy Ryzen for my 720p144hz monitor?!

AMD is finished!

to make a bullshit single-threaded test that has no real world meaning because no fucking one which buys the latest housefire i7 and pairs it with a 1080ti runs the fucking game at 720p. it is no less synthetic than cinebench, for that matter.

Who the fuck plays at 1080p or 720?

I play at 2560x1440 minimum and downscale up to 4k

Its intentional, hes a Brazilian shill

It's how CPU benchmarks are done. At 4k the GPU is maxed out so you can't really tell the difference between CPU's, at least within margin of error. At lower resolutions it's easier to see how different CPU's affect framerate.

res is too high, where are the 240p quake and cs1.6 benchmarks

>no real world meaning
it does have meaning though. if you dont care about playing at higher than 60fps then maybe it doesn't, but this test can be used to show when the cpu becomes the bottleneck in that specific game. the reviews always use a 1080ti because it is the best graphics card (for now) and will let the cpu be the limiting factor. 720p/1080p is used for the same reason a 1080ti is used since it doesn't stress the gpu, and the test is purely to determine when a cpu becomes a bottleneck. the real world meaning of this test is that it lets you know how good of a gpu your cpu can handle. if you're cpu can't hit 144fps at 720p it wont do it at 1440p either even if you put in a gpu from years into the future. but this still only scales on a per game basis, some trends can be extrapolated out to other games and into the future, but the further you go the less predictable it will be.

Who plays in 720p with that high end hardware? This test is shit

irrelevant. the human eye can't distinguish past 30 fps

It still is. Good luck finding any 8700K's at MSRP before 2018.

With cpu only synthetic benchmarks?

You stupid shit. They use 720p so that the GPU will render faster and CPU have to keep up with the GPU even faster. Retarded gaymers don't even understand the technicality yet they spend money like it's their own shit. Just like Apple users.

>720p

$400 CPU
$700 GPU
$800 Monitor
$100 keyboard
$100 mouse
$500 SSD
$200 PSU
$350 motherboard
$300 RAM
$10000 Xtreme Gamer HDMI cable
$20000 Audiophile graded speakers

720p gaming all day for future proofing.

Because if they ran it at 1080 Intel would lose.

Winchester, Venice and Toledo motherfucker ! I love my retired stuff.

720p, yes. This is CPU test which means a game shouldn't be bottlenecked by a videocard.

Weak bait and obvious shill.

Everyone has seen the real explanation of why low res benchmarks have been peddled for so long.

>if you're cpu can't hit 144fps at 720p it wont do it at 1440p

Yeah must be why ryzen is matching or higher performance than a overclocked 7700k in most gameat 1440p/4k.

So if you really want to talk about bottlenecks and futureproof, why does the Intel line up stop gaining performance from 1080p upwards while ryzen leapfrogs?? Explain cunt

>Not playing at 540p 480fps

>Forgot that Intel was constantly shitting the bed during the entire Athlon era
lol

I got that reference.

Yeah and why does Intel 7700k need to be overclocked to make sure its ot slammed at 96% usage, while 1600x/1800x sit at 40-70% ??

Simple fact is your clockspeeds ain't worth shit if it burns your house down and costs more per Kwh

>Having an unreleased prototype monitor
I really would like that monitor though.

not perfect, but pretty decent as an indicator
we've all seen the adoredtv video, bro

do you even know what dx12 does to the cpu moron?

>Athlon x2 hell
I remember my PC sounded like a jet turbine before lift off

Only nobody is going to play at 720p, so what's the point of this processor? Just get Ryzen

same way they bench cs go and have 400+ fps
if they knew the limitations of source regarding input lag they wouldnt have continued benchmarking it at all anyways since anything about 320 fps isnt really helpfull at all on source

>people actually have to explain over and over and over again why CPU tests have to be done in a lower resolution in a technology board

If this is isn't proof that Sup Forums infested this, I don't know what is. Holy fucking shit you people are fucking stupid.

no just poorfags on here havent got those kind of things, A lot of us normal folk do

I do.

1080p+240Hz is far better than 4k+60Hz.

How bad are the actual temps?
I've seen a stress test with a decent cooler have it at about 70-75c, but what is the average temps while gaming?

Theyre bugged currently. Reviews showing 92 degrees yet when overclocked they got lower temps!

Good to know.
There's been very little in terms of thermals in most reviews. Since it's coming up on summer here, I want to make sure I don't die from heat exhaustion. It gets really goddamn hot here.

Why would anyone even test civ for framerate on a cpu benchmark. A worse cpu will idle more while computing the turn, thus giving better framerate.

AMDrones are really getting desperate.

7 2 0 p
p

But it's ${CURRENT_YEAR}, user. If I wanted to play at 720p I would buy a console, for the same price as just your CPU, mind you (and it would come with a free gayme too !).

it's because the review samples are already overclocked to 4.7GHz all core instead of running at the stock speeds

>poojeet is posting pure marketing slides
the absolute state of redteam+