Say something nice about pic-related

Say something nice about pic-related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4v4K_K__LDg
electrodragon.com/w/BK8000L
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im not glad its dead, but im glad its gone

They are useful as mutes to bully brainlets.

You don't know how valuable something is until it's gone

obsolete now that we have bluetooth headsets

Analog > digital

I still use analog over digital audio because the latter will completely stop all audio as soon as you turn off the display.

>digital signal
>relies on shitty in headphone DAC

apple niggers really have the shittest of tastes

"Innovators" manage to sell that decades old tech, to dumb sheep customers thousand times the cost of a pcb break out component.

Gj jack for ripping off idiots.

The non-shit DAC is the real cost, shill.

Wifi and bt work at 2.4ghz.
You are in a room that gets about 20 signals from nearby wifi networks and there are 10 ppl using their bt devices to listen to music.
Everybody's going to listen to those fax sounds you hear when someone sends you a fax and you pick up the phone.
3.5mm jack is not yet superseded.

*snaps*

Is it still ok to describe this as the "male" end or does that trigger people nowadays?

No batteries

(facepalm)
How do you think your bt ear buds make your digital discreet signal into a continious analog one?
There is a shitty underpowered dac in each shitpiece you have in each ear.

i spliced a old pair of headphones and used you with some salvaged tv speakers and was able to fabricate some desktop speakers.

i plan to splice a wall wart and a switch on it later as a basic amp

thanks simple 3.5mm jack! :D

You are shitty and deprecated technology. STOP HOLDING THE INDUSTRY BACK!

Ooohhh... And fyi, there is already sound encoding algorithms that doesn't need a dac to convert the signal.
It uses a pwm technique to represent the data... That innovation, not arguing about dacs.
Dacs are dirty chip and analog vlsi has gone way beyond you can imagine.

here's (You)r (You)

Jack is not deprecated.
We haven't seen a better, more reliable tech yet for it.
>bt
Yeah, that's good for wireless mice and keyboards...and some keychain gadgets.

I had a n900.
Nokia used to put an fm tranceiver.
I entered old cars, started transmitting my mp3s via my fm station, that's fucking deprecated.
Get an iShit or google tard phone, fm is disabled, although present as an asic, jack is disappeared, unless you have those 1-2 ways of connecting to your car, there's zero chance of listening to your music. That's innovation.

My ass.

>We can't drm the jack.
>kill the jack
Innovation

What the fuck is stopping retards from pulling the analog signals from a Bluetooth receiver? DRM would be a retarded reason to kill the jack as there is a billion better ways to pirate.

Rest in peace. Also hurry up dying, and take Lightning with you. USB C is objectively the best port and should be used everywhere.

Feels satisfying whe you plug it in

Plug it in.
Plug it out.
Plug it in.
Plug it out.
No need to pair or worry about compatibility.

Why not make a phone with a usb-c plug? No adaptors, just usb-c plug

It fucking works and is a solid connection.

Wireless solutions will always be inferior to wired connections in terms of bandwidth, reliability and data integrity.

Pwn still needs things like high pass filters and clocks and all so yes I would say that they need a dac

i've never been a fan of it, but there are no well-supported alternatives

there's really no good reason to allow the plug to rotate and cause/receive wear

I miss real cables, bluetooth can suck my cock

>there's really no good reason to allow the plug to rotate

Are you fucking shitting me?
How about not having to specifically orient it to be able to insert it?

There was literally no reason to get rid of it. It was perfect until Apple fucked it up.

I don't care. I'll use a dongle until I die. You will NOT take 3.5mm away from me.

I have literally never seen that happen, even once.

I only use aux headphones, and i used them often. Thank you 3.5mm jack please never die

>squandering the VERY limited number of useful radio frequencies on bluetooth shit

Its cheap and effective. I dont understand why the new cool thing is to fix shit thats not broke.

I can go into any dollar store and buy a cheap pair that I can plug into my phone. Can you say the same about your stupid adaptors? I can plug the same headseat into my Chromebook, my PS4 controller, my tablet and any other mobile device I've ever owned because I will never buy a gadget that doesn't support it.

I really hope people will stop being this stupid and that every company that keeps pushing this meme and jewing their customers for no fucking reason goes bankrupt.

Proof that Apple is jewing their customers:

youtube.com/watch?v=4v4K_K__LDg

I can fix you anytime... i like that.. here are some earpods i fixed... repaired my phillips SHE3590 many times...

The lightning charger and dongle pinches and breaks at the same spot and is unrepairable, cant buy parts, small fucking chip embedded in there just to jew you ... its just merchant on an entirely new level...

I love you 3.5mm TRS ! Ill never leave you !

non-issue

for me its the 6.3mm jack

It's wonderful and just works.

Justify your Apple hate with facts

Justify your loli lust pedo nigger

those are digital signals, no interfrence

FACT: anime website

my gf illya is so cute

I can plug it into a walkman, stereo system, my phone, and my car
it's some sort of universal... port

i'd impregnate that anal bum hole

delet this right now

it's thicker and longer than your penis, OP

This.

>cheaper
>battery efficient
>backwards compatible
>analog audio is universal and better quality
>bridge between pro audio and domestic audio

What's there to say?
It does it's job.

Simple, strong, reliable, cheap, ubiquitous. It remained unaltered for more than a century. No industrial standard ever had this much success. It's simply the best.

>Listening to fucking radio
You probably enjoy despasito too you fag

No interference no, but there is only so much spectrum, once you start to hit 20 or so people all in close proximity, the spectrum is overcrwoded, so the devices start to use less bins to avoid each other, less bins is less bandwidth, less bandwidth available means less bitrate for your aptx stream.
To the point that your stream will sound warbly as fuck since it's now less than 64kbps...

Who said anything about applel?

>have Alpine iDA-X100
>worrying about some shitty line-in crap

Cool but when has this happened to you? Do hypothetical situations stop you from leaving your house user

I live in a dorm where every room has it's own router. I can detect every wifi-network in the entire building. Yes, the spectrum is crowded as fuck, and you're better off using a network cable during peak hours.

I'm genuinely amazed that I can use old WW2 field headphones with modern day stereo devices, thanks to the standard that is the phones jack.
It's a fucking shame that tech companies are killing it for the sake of botnet and licensed connectors.

>ITT:. idiots who never tried to listen to music on the go
Courage amirite xD

It's the victim in the latest frantic hunt for 'innovation'. Smartphones are pretty much a fully developed product now, there is not much about them that has to be improved. And that means there's little reason to buy a new one every year or even two years. Thus, tech companies axe good features in some weird search for something new.

You had a good run

Wait...no...stop! That won't fit, it's too big...NOOOOoooo!!!

> on the go
People in US don't like to walk.

:(

I won't buy any phone, tablet, or laptop without one. Bluetooth is hot trash and I'm not going to charge my headphones. I also don't have to worry about bullshit compatibility problems. I can plug my headphones into my retro computers from the 90s or into my 2013 Nexus 5 and it'll output sound either way.

Applefags need to be dragged outside and shot.

It's the industry standard.

Every speaker or headphone you buy has it. Every Laptop / PC and Phone supports it.
Some newer phones might need an adapter for it but they still support it.

Oh so that's why these winglets are for!
I am such a retard, I thought the sleeve wire was supposed to sit there

>zero configuration, setup or pairing needed
>it just work™ when you plug the connector
Lmao Bluetooth fags have to go trough a pairing process when they want to let friends put music in their car

>people unironically use bluememe headphones

Doesn't require batteries to work. Simple, no gimmicks.

It's less prone to breaking than USB c
I'm outright not buying any phones, tablets or laptops that don't have one

Wait, USB c breaks?

How?

> How?
EZ

It's more that if you knock the external case for the jack a USB c will break off, whereas a 3.5mm will almost certainly be fine

>Blueborne exists

Irreplaceable

>charging your fucking headphones
This will never not make me salty as fuck.

There are more headphones with 3.5 mm jacks than smartphones in the world.

You've obviously never had any before, that shit lasts for a month at least

You obviously don't see the problem with
>charging your fucking headphones

>I'm not used to it so it's bad

Nothing wrong with making another thing that needs maintenance. And when you battery shits the bed in two years I'll still be using the same pair of buds I've been using comfortably for a decade.

>buds
you must hate sound quality

>Bluetooth
You must hate sound quality

Touché

>Cans while commuting
You must hate comfort and not looking like a douchebag.

You make me sneeze when I want to by putting you in my nose. Thank you

>lasts for a month
Interesting.
I'm looking to make my own analog headphones->Bluetooth headphone mod.
Gonna use electrodragon.com/w/BK8000L
Because keeping it down in price is one of my primary goals.
But I don't see how you could get a month of listening. I was aiming for a comfortable >8 hours with a 800mah lipo (great form factor). I can't quite understand how you'd get up to a month. Even with Bluetooth 4.0 the power draw isn't that extremely low.

Im using the Sony DR-BTN200 which is advertised at around 40 hours of continuous music playing. And since I use it about 4-5 hours a day it easily lasts a month. Only downside is a 6 hour charging time but that can happen overnight.

Future is wireless but thanks for sticking around my sweet prince

I'm glad my 2017 phone has the appropriate hole for it. Though I use Bluetooth audio in my car, I do still like my wired headphones when streaming content from my Plex server in the waiting room for doctors appointments or when I don't want to wake the wife with the display on my laptop and i want to watch something before sleep.

Overall, indispensable to me and if all phone mfgs do away with headphone jacks, I'll buy whatever is the best of the last of the phones with them and use it for as long as i can, hoping they come back around like removable batteries and expandable storage.

I had this iPod shuffle and it used the 3.5 Jack for charging and data transfers as well.
This thing is truly universal. It's been with us since the 19th fucking century, backwards compatible, reversible all the way, so suck on that USB!
When Apple decided they only want one port they should have said fuck that faggy incompatible proprietary lightning port and let's just keep the 3.5 mm jack. If it was possible 10 years ago it is possible now as well.

why are you so bae

Old iPhones had that thing.
LOOL that must have been the best thing that ever happened to it, I'm glad Tim Cock had the courage to get rid of it.

what are you people talking about?
I still use those, how is it dead?

>40 hour life
>4-5 hours a day
>easily lasts a month
Either
>you can't do basic math
>your headphones magically regain charge