Mfw I'm programming a game engine in C++14 and OpenGL and I'm going to be millionaire after I'm done programming my...

>mfw I'm programming a game engine in C++14 and OpenGL and I'm going to be millionaire after I'm done programming my breakthrough survival horror game using the engine and releasing it on Steam&PS4&Xbox in pre-alpha state meanwhile you cucks still do fizzbuzz challenges

>opengl
U clearly haven't heard of vulkan

cool larp

nobody is using that undocumented complex shit that only works with cards above gtx 5xx and amd 77xx. I will release my game also on PS3.

>mfw I'm programming
yes

>C++14 and OpenGL
Give me 1 reason why I should use your garbage over UE.

Bump

you shouldnt

What would be a good engine to devlop a plateformer ?

well I didn't make the engine for you, so you can't use it. But for me, it's the exact exploitation of all the optimizations for a specific game so the game runs very well on older hardware and consoles. Nobody wants to allocate gigabytes of memory just for a fucking pong game that consumes another gig of assets because of an engine overhead

>I didn't make the engine for you, so you can't use it.

user BTFO

>I'm going to be millionaire after I'm done programming my breakthrough survival horror game
It isn't 2014 anymore user

Then how will you become a millionaire? Survival horror is dead genre like rts, unless you're selling your engine or do everything by yourself this game won't make you any profit.

Is your game in space.

Why? I didn't waste my money programming by my chair.

>not using rust
top plebe
enjoy your profits slipping as people angrily get refunds due to your game segfaulting every 10 minutes

>after I'm done

>segfaulting every 10 minutes

ehhh, C++14, what is RAII, what is shared ptrs, what is safety.

>Nobody wants to allocate gigabytes of memory just for a fucking pong game that consumes another gig of assets because of an engine overhead
Yes, they do I spend all day looking for Pong games until I manage to use up all my 64GB of RAM.

sad how many fell for this bait

you thought it was a bait???

the 80/20 law, patsan. To make the 80% of your engine it takes 20% of time; however, for the remaining 20% you gotta sweat for years. Also, prepare your anus for bugreports, false flags and shit.

Just leave it unfinished, put it on gitcuck and go wageslaving like literally every sane person.

>prepare your anus for bugreports, false flags and shit

who cares, I will just say "heh.. it's pre alpha guys. don't expect too much!" and spend the money.

Eh, if it only worked that way then it'd be too easy for every idiot that knows a bit of C++. Unless you're doing something truly revolutionary (which you're not) there's no fucking way for an one-man project to just gain milions.
Come on, at least make your bait realistic

but it's the current status of the industry

not for "survival horror" trash.
throw in a lua interpreter and basic physics and you've got a best seller, tho.

>opengl with c++
There's already million of those.
You could try to be at least bit original and use some other language.

...or technology

there's no alternative to opengl.