Torrent clients

The absolute state of all torrent client:
>be me
>have synology NAS, has arm dual-core,want to enjoy some moving mongolian cave drawings
>choose rtorrent because it just werks
>works perfectly, low usage
>add 5 torrents at once, shit crashes and looses the session
>PITA to re-add all torrents
>try qbittorrent, shit eats all resource after adding two torrents
>deluge doesnt recognize half of existing torrent data, downloads them again
>ktorrent misses too many features
>transmission gui sucks ass, wasted space all over the place
>discover qbittorrent-nox, but repo has outdated version
>compile newest libtorrent+qbittorrent, shit fails
>new qbittorrent is incompatible with libtorrent take last 1.0.X, also need special flags because needs C++11 and boost library is not in standard folder
>finally compile libtorrent+latest qbittorrent-nox
>because headers and shit, tunneling only returns 401, doesnt even werks from the machine itself
>have to use outdated 3.3.12

tl;dr the absolute state of torrent clients, im back to netflix

the absolute state of autism

Your NAS has a built-in torrent client. Use that you dummy.

Since when does a minimal headless install comes with a torrent client ?

Your nas comes with both Download station and Transmission why use anything else?

rtorrent doesn't have this problem

>using preinstalled bloatware
>not installing minimal linux+gnu and costumizing it

I bet you guys use Tixati as well.

>crashes at high load
>loses the whole session
>rakshasa has abondened the library, misses several features
>high IO load

QBittorrent best client, rest need not apply.

deluge and deluge daemon just werk me

I'm seeding thousands of torrents with rtorrent and never had any of those problems

Damn. I've used deluge with minimal problems over the last 8 years. Headless too, with web clients and remote desktop clients.

That being said, when I have a torrent with pre-existing data, I add in paused state then force re-check. Maybe it all sucks because you're a weeb?

Why are you even buying a prebuilt Nas in the first place if you're going to install a Linux distro on it anyways.
Just buy an orangepi or build a system yourself if you're going to be customizing it anyway.

You might be lucky to not have it running on an arm cpu, but the fact that the library hasn't been updated for ages makes me stay away from it. Otherwise its pretty solid.

>being a weeb is bad
i trust them more t.b.h.
It's a dedi, i think its a synolgy NAS because the cpu matches. Also, whats wrong with bying prebuilt solutions ? Has much more space for additional disc than any sbc out there.

Works on my machine.tm
Also the search plugin is great.

The point of buying a prebuilt solution is not having to customize as much basically having a plug and play solution. That's what you're paying the premium for in Synology nases. Pretty much any matx case has more space to store HDDs, often even with hot-swap support.
Buying a prebuilt nas is not a bad thing, throwing a Linux distro on it just defeats the purpose.

utorrent 2.2.1

everything else is shit.

>it's this hard to use a torrent client

Nah man, you're just a moron

Aria2c is fast, minimalist, has webui. Rtorrent should work fine too though.
Transmission has separate daemon and can run webui.
Deluge can force recheck, it needs whole chunks though.

>not using bittorrent

Oh I'm laffin'

>using proprietary clients
Why not directly reporting your torrents to the NSA ?
Tell me more about aria2 ? I saw it once mentioned instead of libtorrent, what benefits does it brings ?

Aria2 is like wget but multithreaded and not garbage. Small, high performance, supports torrents.

>GUI uses node.js/electron
>ishygdydgy