Why use these over Vim/Emacs?

Why use these over Vim/Emacs?

Because you have job.

Vim user here, but it's investing ~a week to save a relatively small amount of time in the long run, considering how little time most people actually spend in a text editor

If you spend a large amount of time actually writing/editing code, then chances are you are actually nothing more than a pajeet

because it's not 1996 anymore

Because I shave, am fit and look attractive.

zero learning curve, plenty of extensions, and you can be more than fast enough with them if you learn the keyboard shortcuts.

Because I have a penis and an eye for beaty. I dont date ugly women become they have "good" character traits. I just want sexy fit girls to suck me off.

Same goes for text edit.

I use geany, it's very good software. In a professional environment maybe you would need more features like visual studio has but for a hobbiest and a student it really is very good

geany is awesome

I swtiched over to VIM for wrist strain issues. Get a good split keyboard (I use a Diverge TM 2) and you spend the whole time editing with your hands in a very nice, relaxed position.

Also, mice are for scrubs.

Masochism for one
As a guard against Gainful Employment for a second

yep u beaty ur beenis

A lot of the "features" it has you don't need when working in a POSIX environment. I use emacs because it's does a better integration with a lot of stuff and I prefer elisp than js and vimLang to customization

We're able to use vim at work if we want to.

>tfw using vim at college but they disabled the arrow keys because "real programmers don't take their hands off their keyboard"
I'm not surprised considering we're in a hippie city.

the arrow keys are on the keyboard

>not Notepad++
pic of me enjoying my plugins

Redpill me on Emacs. All I ever see about it is meme stuff like email clients, tetris, and browser in it (why would I use those?), and a lot of people suffering from RSI. The RSI thing could be avoided with that Evil-Mode, but at that point why not just use the real Vim?

I use VS/Atom and Notepad++. I don't see a reason to change.

>implying working on large complex projects makes you a pajeet

Thanks , handbag

I'm learning programming and I use sublime text 3. I wish I could use emacs/emacs evil mode.

what's a quickest, easiest and most reliable way to really learn emacs evil mode?

ST because i have a job and google chrome because everybody in the office uses it.

Vim/Emacs are memes. Nano master race!

remove all other editors from your system and keep a tab open in emacswiki, search it whenever you come across an issue

I need my macros and I’m good with them in Vim.

Do any of these have a good Vim mode?

I have never encountered a project where more time was spent implementing the code than actually designing it, or where fixing a bug took longer than diagnosing it.

Who actually spends all day just hammering out code? For what purpose?

>zero learning curve
Opinion discarded, except if you use ide as nano, but that's even more retarded.

Vim macros are a joke compared to Emacs.

spacemacs is all i need

well don't just blueball us

give the heathens some examples

Just a few things you can do.

You don't have to start recording a macro, you can retroactively create a macro using your previous commands. So you can start doing something repetitive and make it into a macro afterward without planning beforehand.

You can step through a macro interactively and edit it on the fly.

You can record and add to an existing macro.

You can edit macros in a buffer without having to do the register dance like in Vim.

Programable text editor, using lisp dialect to hack whole editor, high speed,low memory over JavaScript + Electron or Python.

>Who actually spends all day just hammering out code? For what purpose?
to make fucking software. are you retarded?

I guess I would actually use Atom instead of Emacs but all my text operations are kinda related to org mode (which I thought was overrated). Other than that I still don't know why people use an ancient editors.

>all my text operations are kinda related to org mode (which I thought was overrated)
go on...

Because I'm a brainlet and have no time to learn terminal-based editors from the 1990's.

In the end of the day text editors and IDE's are just tools. Who cares what you use as long as you develop the same software at the end,

>Who cares what you use
People who spent months or years learning what is essentially a programming language for writing text and other programming languages and are now trying to justify to themselves that it wasn't a waste of time.