I am not a soldering expert myself, but how effective do you think that contraption is?

I am not a soldering expert myself, but how effective do you think that contraption is?

just barely

shit

the lighter will probably melt after extended use

wtf is that supposed to do anyway?

Is it true that if you keep a lighter on for two long it's likely to explode?

yea because it melts plastic and gas leaks. I've seen it happen

it's a makeshift sodering iron

I wouldn't call that an explosion, just an unintended release of gas at a high rate. Bic lighters are especially resilient to it, but the cheap crystal lighters can be exploded numerous ways since they use a brittle plastic in their manufacture.

A zippo would be fine for it, but a butane torch would be optimal.

it's not an explosion, just rapid uncontrolled combustion of the pressurized fuel leading to disintegration of the container

That gives me an idea that a butane torch might be better for a make shit soldering iron.

I have one lying around but I need to figure out how to attach a coil to it.

this is a fucking crazy idea i have

So, this is /dyi/-level shitposting Sup Forums-style. I like it.

>Is it true that if you keep a lighter on for two long it's likely to explode?

Not true at all. It usually explodes after it's been on for five long or more.

Kek

Those already exist. Look on aliexpress or wherever.

not as practical as a candle and a piece of metal

>soldering
>not using electrician's tape and be done with it

Well tipped gentlesirs.

have some self respect.

>get same performance for less effort, and is actual reversible
tipped

bet you also use pocket watches and fountain pens

>same performance
no
>less effort
yes
>actual reversible
so is solder

quit being proud of being a mongoloid gen z fucktard

I guess he needs it right now otherwise he wouldn't be nigger-rigging shit.

>>same performance
>no

prove it fedora wearing cunt

I read this as contraception like three times and was confused wondering if teens were shoving that up their vagina now.

Enjoy your intermittent failures and low current capacity.

>Not using wire nuts
it's like he wants to ruin his connection when he has to modify it

There are literally butane soldering irons for a dozen bucks or less.
Just save some fucking cash and get an inductive iron.

Spend the $20 bucks on a cheap iron, this may be acceptable in South Sudan, but this is America son.

No fucking excuse, soldering irons ain't exactly expensive, even the station models with adjustable controls are more than affordable.

But a Chinese cheapie is piratically nothing and better than a bic and a copper wire.

Fix your camera

You don't put the solder on the iron, you put it on the thing you're soldering.

Fucking amateurs.

Can't even solder correctly, that's cold jointing, you are meant to place the heat source directly on the metal and place the dry solder near it so it melts into the joint.

Neat hack, but if you are considering seriously using this you should stop buying cigarettes and use the money to buy a cheap Chinese soldering station instead.

There isn't enough thermal mass in that wire to properly heat up the wire he's soldering. I mean, they are basically the same size.

Blobbing solder on the tip to get really good thermal conductivity (and more thermal mass) is the only way to make it look like it's working, at least for a brief second before the solder cools down upon hitting the wire.