1990+17

>1990+17
>people are still using a hyper 212 evo

I'm using one and it's ~okay~

It's 2017 homie, not 2007.

There's no point in upgrading to anything else when it works perfectly.

IT JUST WERKS

It's a piece of metal.

I just bought a 212 Evo this week, what am I in for?

That frog face represents you I suppose... 1990 + 17 equals 2007 retard...

toasty fins

pain in the ass installation

Well considering that the best cpu coolers on the market are only a couple degrees cooler I don't see what's so bad about using the 212 evo
Dead ball bearings in a couple years

>air coolers
I refuse

>mfw hyper 212 evo
>mfw i5-4690k
>mfw stable 4.5Ghz
>mfw 70c max
>mfw paid 20$ for it
watercoolers BTFO

I know you're all supposed to be autistic but this is pretty sad.

>I5 4690k
literally what are you proud of
I could cool it by cumming on it once a day

Not all of us are autistic enough to fall for the aio liquid cooling meme. Some of us understand thermal heat capacity and prefer the evo and dh-15 , some of us passed highschool.

Don't worry op if you put your mind to it you'll graduate.

>guys i cooled my shitty 10w cpu with a shitty aircooler!!!!
watercoolers btfo!!!!

Reminder: 212 was never the best price/performance cooler.

and some of us want the aesthetics because we put our computers on our desks with clear side panels. 212 is a great cooler and imo a must buy if you don't care how your shit looks/are on a budget

>mfw the x62's block is fucking beautiful and I bought my x61 months before the x62's release

>reminder the evo was quieter and more reliable than that piece of trash especially with a 15$ noctua fan.

What would you say is the lifespan of the bearings? I've had one since 2013 and it seems to be working okay
Performance to temps seem worse than original but I'm chalking that up to the dried up thermal paste and cpu degradation

best for its time, really cheap too

Reminder: The Cryorig H7 is the best looking, best performing, and quietest 30$ cooler.

I bought a H7 and just took a noctua fan off of a friend's pc (he has 7 so he gladly gave me one for a bottle of beer). It hasn't been audible to me once yet. Temperature stays in the 60s during gaming and 70s in stress with a 4.8ghz overclock on a 7700k. Haven't delidded yet got 5ghz stable but about 1.38v so just decided to stay at 4.8 on 1.32v. very happy with the cpu and cooler.

>implying it doesn't destroy even your meme poo cooler
>falling for memes instead of objective tests

>preaching aesthetics
>all red leds
>full keyboard
>NZXT logo cuck
>Darth Vadar candle

>full keyboard
you're grasping breh

was cheap and in stock in march so i went for it
works great

I thought those whine at high airflow

Quietness doesnt matter once you replace the fan dumbass.

You're now rating the $15 noctua fan, not the 212 evo

back to brah

My only concern is to know if they are going to produce more of these Ryzen compatible kits.
212 still working flawlessly.

>1990+17 = 2017
>Murican education

i bought one in 2014 and i like it

whats the best perf/price cooler of today?

Works on my machineā„¢

TRUE or Megahalems

I've had it for like 5 years, what's wrong with it?

>the 1990's were a decade ago

You're either middle aged with a warped sense of time, or a mathematically incapable American.

>1990+17
>2007
So this is the power of American education...

Had mine since 2011 and had to replace the fan last year when I came back home to a smell of burning plastic that you could feel with your eyes. It was the fan. Keep in mind that I've kept my PC on 24/7 many months throughout 3 or 4 years

Had mine 1.5 years Ball bearings start to get Louder.

>1990+17

i wish common core wasn't as common

I bought a chink 212 evo knockoff, it's smaller and outperforms it.

>1990 + 17 = 2007
>Hyper 212 evo first available: September 2011
Wut

>falling for the rand google chart with no source meme

This thing hums op and its annoying

Red LEDs and adult keyboards dindu nuffin!
Dey's good aesthetics!

Also Hyper 212 Plus masterrace

it's caked in a thick layer of dust on a 125W phenom II CPU yet it still just werks

>cpu coolers can be deprecated
>i buy a new form of copper and aluminium every year because Linus told me, i'd save 1 degree for my rig

They certainly can if they're PUMPING SYSTEM containing VOLATILES that ALSO have fans. See that? Three points of failure and more power consumption.
Compare to a hunk of metal with fans. The fans are the only point of failure, the cooling medium is astronomically greater in volume, and the only power is driving the fans.

>it's caked in a thick layer of dust
so is this, still cooling my [email protected] just fine

>1950+67
>people still force air to go inside their computers

if they're more powerful than pieces of shit like that fdesu

>not using the cloud
die weeb

The cloud is a paradigm from the '60s. The only difference is the network medium was wires and not wireless.
You had mainframes holding the data and doing the calculations for slaved dumbterminals. Kek to anyone not seeing how hard they get fucked in the ass by returning to such a world in current year.

m8 who said i was american

Fucking kek. yeah its good if we're in 2010

implying that's bad

europians dont speak american (well at least most of them) so by statistics you are american

One of mine is 4-5 years old, sitting on top of a FX-8350. It hasn't become any louder. I think that perhaps we have some slobs on Sup Forums who don't clean their shit. Having a pound of dust riding around on your fan isn't doing it any favors.

>can't do math
>posts on g

>people are still using w7 in 2017

people still belive what g say

no g, you are not smarter than google

Senpai if your fans get louder peel back the sticker on the fan and put a drop of 3n1 oil on the hole under the sticker. Bam fan like new

>1990+17
I wish

I literally just finished installing one that arrived from amazon today.

what an odd thread to run into

fi'rain't broke, don't fixit