Mechanical Keyboard General - /mkg/ - Thread Into Which Keyboards Are Posted

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

P. T.

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2012
youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QBdi-eMhKfk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bless up to the filco cru

daily reminder that tai-hao is garbage for welfare babies

you know, soon you will be buying a gun for your own suicide and that filco will still be there

If this user stops posting ill presume him dead and make an exact copy of his keyboard to remember him by , not joking either i quite like this dude

First for braappp.

nth for tada68

laci green?

IBM Model M/ CZ 97B Omega / NRA Softened Cotton Hat Master Race reporting in

two guys at work use 40%s

One is a nice looking vortex without a border. The other looks like some junko breadboard with keycaps glued to it, but his keys are layed out in a linear column fashion while the vortex is diagonal like a normal keyboard.

Which is better? I used the breadboard while he was in the bathroom and it felt really weird for normal fast typing, like doggy doo doo. But when inputing numbers was kinda nice because it was in the num pad linear fashion layout.

IDK what is the general consensus on column keyboards?

Column or symmetrical stagger is objectively better than traditional row stagger, because that's how human fingers work. They're better at moving backwards and forwards than side to side. Grid is shrug.

Symmetrical stagger seems like it makes the most sense.

The thing that picture doesn't show is that column stagger keyboards are typically split or at least angled to make it fit the human body better. Like here's an Atreus 62 with angled column stagger, or you can google search for the Ergodox which is split with column stagger, so you can move the halves around to whatever the best positioning for you is.

it's about time they make non-japanese equal stagger ffs, gaymen companies think they can make non standard bottom rows however they want but they haven't even thought of the zxcv row

>not one gun worth more than $350

Truly the masterrace. Perfect angles and staggers for fingers.

Personally my shoulders are too broad for something like that, getting an Ergodox instead.

i recently got a vortex pok3r but the enter key feels a spongy and like it needs less force than the other key. is this just something that will happen or should i return for a new one? this is on a uk layout

any rec for a quality full non-gamer mechanical keyboard?
i am looking at a logitech k840. any similar keyboards?

>Slide mounted safeties

Yeah anything made by Leopold and Filco, and the Ducky One keyboards

What the fuck is this autistic shit

how gay is my keyboard

>reddit spacebar

flipped space bars are very hetero
putting your keyboard on the grass is very gay do

>retarded gigantic eurocuck Enter mounted on a tiny centered stab
>complains it "feels bad"

Yeah, just get a proper ansi board.

its a reddit thermochromic spacebar ill have you know

cute keys, did you pull them out of a miami set?

>Sup Forums response

>tiny centered stab with 2 supports which makes it fine

FTFY

>FTFY
>Reddit spacing

>Animu Face
>expecting to win this disagreement
You already lost, fucko.

>knows Reddit well enough to know how they space their shit

Is Magicforce a good brand?

yes, but from the chinese miami, they are light pink.

yes

Yeah I assumed, it looks nice. The font on your alphas is a bit shit tho

making keyboards fit the human hand rather than forcing the human hand to accommodate ancient typewriter design

Filco Majestouch 2 MX brown arrived a week ago master-race reporting in

> everytime you start typing your brain contemplates what an amazing experience it is

what the fuck you saying about browns boy

He said browns are rad
[he's right]

@62795503

browns are not good, they are the worst tactile switch I have used and I have used a large number of mx switches as well as topre

JIS version of the HHKB is crowded as fuck

Do rgb wireless metal mechanical keyboards exsist yet?

post your keyboard with mx brown switches to validate your opinion so we know you arent just talking memes out your ass

Just a normie reporting in with obligatory gun tax
What's that blue looking handgun? Some kind of target pistol?

Gay
Gay
Super Gay

All too insecure about their "shortcomings" they seek constant validation on a Taiwanese basket weaving website.

nah, i dig shooting and keyboards

two of my favorite things in one thread

>Dostoevski
And you're a homo too.

Hell is the inability to love.

wut

>being emasculated so hard by images that you project your own deep insecurity upon others

he means back to Sup Forums

How do I order from clicky keyboards? There is no add to cart button for keyboards, only for accessories.

thoughts on nature white switches? I'm thinking about getting the pok3r with them.

I don't own a browns keyboard but I have used a friends extensively

There is a poker with whites? Do you mean clears? I have never seen a poker with whites

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2012

don't know, but it works on my machine :^)
alos you'd be better off buying from ebay or a unicomp liquidation sale

Cool, if you get it post here if you like it

cheapest decent ten key less board?

filco

i have that same keyboard, been using it for the past few days and it's really nice. the switches feel much nicer than my old reds but the enter key feels mushy (probably because of the stabilizers and the ISO layout)

Thanks, I do appreciate you clearing this up.

>spacing is now a reddit thing
>writing decently is now a reddit thing
>doing something that has always been done, not only here on Sup Forums, but also everyfuckingwhere in the world is now a reddit thing

I want this fucking meme to die, and you along with it.

come on the empty line you put after the greentext is a bit awkward

>Budget
150$
>Location
USA
>Layout
ANSI
>Form Factor
96/1800 or 100%
>Backlight
White or none

Leopold FC980M/C

>Budget
150$
>Location
USA
>Layout
ANSI
>Form Factor
100%
>Backlight
None
Mostly for [spoiler]gaming[/spoiler]. Currently using a Corsair Strafe RGB. Main issues are the back-light and the keys being overly sensitive.

Why does everyone have such a huge hardon for Topre? Are they really the best?

Pic related... from the recent Melbourne, Australia Mech Keyboard enthusiast meetup...

buyer's remorse

I don't think you know what that means.

Anyway, some KBs from the meetup I screencapped.

and I posted this one in the previous thread and no one replied to this... I have NO FUCKING IDEA what level of autism this is or wtf it's suppose to be.

>>>/reddit/

they just advertise on plebbit and twitter. I guess they don't wanna spam /mkg/ with meetup info.

imagine if /mkg/ had meetups... holy fuck, I'd pay to come.

>Japanese
>doesn't actually know Japanese

What did he mean by this?

Burt I need to know if there is anything wrong with this set up

どういう意味ですか?

グーグル翻訳使うんじゃねぇ

Hello guys, my first post here, so let's hope this goes well ;)

Here it is:

It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today. It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products. The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design. It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2017, people. I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering.

I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

good post see you next thread

What revolver is that? Looks really nice.

/k/ leave reeeeee

Blocks your path.

Who
>yoda ii preorder
here?

Getting mine around the 20th.

*Teleports Behind You*
Nothing Personal, Kid

youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ

meh
I want bigger memes

good luck finding keycaps for that frankenstein.
He actually looks like someone who uses that contraption. Wish he'd show us how he types on it.

Thanks for posting him. He's def the weirdest guy I've come across in kbd community.

youtube.com/watch?v=QBdi-eMhKfk

>Doesn't show him micromanaging dwarfs fighting off candy floss clowns

40% or 60% with a trackpoint and buttons, needs to exist. And be purchased unlike the Tex yoda

Hey /mkg/.

I've never owned a mechanical keyboard, and I want to know which kind of key is better for heavy typing (don't really care about gaming): buckling spring or one of the cherry switches?

What are the "differences" between each kind of switch?

I currently use a microsoft natural 4000 split keyboard. Are there any similar split mechanical keyboards?

>gimping functionality for "'"aesthetics"""

Getting rid of the numpad is one thing, but why do people willingly get rid of their F keys.

get a keyswitch sample board and see which ones you like

>he doesn't know

I don't. Can you explain?

You press the Fn key and then a number.

I gayme sometimes tho

function toggle or lock