Opinions on XCode?

Opinions on XCode?

It's doing good for itself. Power to them.

I'm working on my own hybrid IDE too. I primarily intend to port most (if not all) of VS Code's features to it. It's going to use
- C++ back-end, QML front-end
- Universal plugin-API. Plugins are to be encouraged to be written in Nimlang: nim-lang.org/
- Microsoft's language server protocol.
- Written only for *nix (especially Linux)

>IDEs

Buggy as hell

Xcode 9 is horrific, along with the rest of this year's Apple software (sup high sierra)

Xcode 8 is alright though

Not that bad. Its got some nice tools built into it which on other platforms you usually need to scrounge together and pay $$$$ for or in the case of linux, you need to pry your eyes out to use.

Heard Xcode 9 is bad though. Not tried it yet.

What about them

>not using IDE
How does it feel not having a job?

Unfortunately if you do anything with ios/macos you pretty much have to use Xcode

With, or for?

nah, xcode 8 was shit too. the last good Xcode version (without any stupid bugs in release) was 2. 6 was okay.

Biggest memory hog known to man

its shit, get a PC and use Visual Studio.....you faggot

>its shit
>use Visual Studio

mac is a pc you fucking media sheep

literally the worse ide on the planet

He's right tho, VS is the best IDE out there by far, unless you know something that we dont?

Even CLion is better.

install gentoo
use emacs

I have a job and I don't use an IDE there either. Are you seriously bragging about having to use training wheels?

I already use vim for scripting
>training wheels
An IDE is more convenient, that's all. I don't want to spend time installing shit and modifying my config files.

are you a pajeet that does webdev in visual studio or something??

and instead of xcode on your apple macintosh professional book, use komodo edit 10

webdev in xcode*

scuse me m'lady

>webdev in visual studio
No, C++. Why are you so mad?

What's it called? I'm a linux vscode user and I write primarily nim. seems perfect haha

If you need an IDE just use jetbrains stuff.
Otherwise stick to vim/emacs

What are you working on?

Hardly know her