How come you are still using a nearly 10 year old OS?

How come you are still using a nearly 10 year old OS?

Other urls found in this thread:

intowindows.com/how-to-enable-windows-photo-viewer-in-windows-10/
youtube.com/watch?v=0zL2akvpWJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing better around for what I do.

Because I need some way to play my lewd japanese cartoon games.

ahem, it's 8 years old

I don't.
I use Ubuntu.

the thinkpad came with a key :3

I unironically use Windows 10 Pro. And I bought it legally at full retail price.

No USB 3.0 drivers out of the box
No DX12 support
Problems with m.2 nvme booting

becuase upgrading offers me nothing new

The search bar and calculator in Win 10 piss me off. Shouldn't take so long to open a calculator.

Also, fuck Cortana.

>faster
>no botnet
>performs better
>comfy

I believe newer ethernet drivers are missing too, making installation a hassle.

I literally can't even open picture viewer anymore because it takes too long to load and throws out an error that it didn't load in time. it used to work

This and it's less of a botnet than w10

>how come we are still using the wheel when it was invented thousands of years ago?

>Shouldn't take so long to open a calculator.
It needs to look through your files, passwords and so on and notify Microsoft to create a better service for you.

My laptop came with Win 10 and it takes about two minutes to open one of my DSLR pictures on it. I definitely understand your pain. I tried Win 10 on my desktop and reverted an hour later.

They can have fun looking through my Sarina Valentina collection.

>his OS doesn't come with drivers already in the Kernel

>While are you still running an OS when the first ones came out over 40+ years ago.

>They can have fun looking through my Sarina Valentina collection.

Fucking degenerate... Just wait until we make that shit illegal and throw your degenerate ass in jail.

I've been to jail twice. It's not that bad, just boring.
Also, your anger is pretty silly. You should try going out more and having friends for a change.

there is a registry hack to re enable the old non metro picture viewer. It's great.

intowindows.com/how-to-enable-windows-photo-viewer-in-windows-10/

I just use paint

I usually install Irfanview. Not just for Windows 10 but for the other versions as well.

Because XP isn't supported anymore.

install gentoo

on my gaming rig i switched to win10 even before the official release as Windows Insider.

It werks.
Why would I want to touch something what doesn't fail?

My installation of Arch Linux doesn't have this problem

this laptop doesn't support win 7

so I don't

sir your comfiness levels are exceeding legal limits.

naah, i am too lazy for arch - i am running manjaro

>don't install windows 7 updates
>russians and chinks have free access
>install windows 7 updates
>monitored by microsoft 24/7

I'm still using XP

Im using Debian oldstable

just run linux if you dont game

same

Stand aside nigga windows 3.1 here

Go back to Sup Forums.

>tripfag is contrarian smartass
Big suprise
Fuck you, 8 years is almost 10 nigger.

how come you're using a 27 year old markup language to display your web pages?

it werks, it's not bloated and doesn't restart and download shit when you don't want. I use it only for gayming though.

My computer is nearly 10 years old.

>current year
>not using a 16 year old OS
Enjoy your botnet, faggot

Nice

>age matters in current year

(you)

Like they haven't integrated that into updates ;)

>8 years is almost 10

I'll remember that if I ever get picked up for fucking a 16 year old

>using a fresh install of XP installed in a VM on a botnet OS
>torrents banner while hes using a prated version of vmware

>thinks hes clever

How come pajeets still shill a completely compromised OS?

windows 10 just pisses me off. I feel like more of a sheep than a user

Subtle bait

Not the ones I choose to install :^)

No, 9 is almost 10. 8 is almost almost 10

I drive a car that is older, and live in a house that is even older than that. I don't use windows though, because that shit is gay as fuck

Because Winshit 10 breaks like half the program compatibility. Windows 7, 2000, and 98SE are the best versions of Windows made for home use. Otherwise you'd have to use the Embedded/Server versions to have anything as stable and usable as those. That's the state of Microsoft software. Maybe in another 10 years when ReactOS has better stability and driver support I'll switch to that. Otherwise I'm just going to keep on using Fedora as my main OS and Windows 7 in a VM for legacy software.

Pick your poison.

It's almost as bad as Windows 10.

>>don't install windows 7 updates
>>russians and chinks have free access
>Not the ones I choose to install :^)
Redpill me on windows 7 updates, I'm lost.

Windows 7 Fine Wine™

Name one absolutely fucking essential thing that does not work on it. And DX-barely used at all-12 doesn't count.

avoid the "Rollups" at all costs, each one adds telemetry, even if you gut the telemetry from the last rollup, the next one re-installs it.You have to manually install the updates within the rollups to avoid this. google/searchengineofyourchoice is your friend in finding out more.

>I just use Autopatcher desu senpai

You did this to yourself Microsoft, you reading you street shitting shills? You fucked over your user base, the hardcore Windows users, you fragmented your own customer base, you are forcing a fucking regression in software use while trying to force users to "upgrade" to your broken, inconsistent, spyware/adware-bloated hunk of shit. You gambled and you lost, hard. Winblows 10 user base actually shrunk in the last month. No amount of shilling will change that, and even cutting out new Windows 7 updates from installing on new hardware will stop us from using it. It is the last best OS from Microsoft, and in this posters opinion the last OS, period. RIP in pieces M$ of old, you will be missed.

>miss M$ of any time
lel

Literally autistic

Windows 7: Neither Vista® nor a Demonstration that Marketing Means Everything®

It still amazes how they managed to fuck it up this bad.

CEO that's obsessed with cloud and wants to kill windows in favor of their cloud services

Stop being retarded. That just doesn't make any fucking sense.

Because I want to play video games without the bloat.

Yet that's exactly what is happening.

Except not. Microsoft makes a lot of money through partners who rely on Windows as a feature to sell. Microsoft makes an overwhelming majority of their money through having Windows everywhere as it increases enterprise attach rates. "Killing off Windows" would ruin the entire strategy.

Like, stop being utterly retarded about the situation. At most dramatic, they're treating Windows like an ongoing beta and that's a fucking problem, not that it's being "killed off".

Explain? Why can't you play them in Windows 10?

>How come you are still using a nearly 10 year old OS?

Because it works, it's rock solid stable, it's just as secure as anything else (like it or not), and it runs all the software I require without issues unlike newer versions of Windows.

Windows 7 is the best operating system Microsoft ever created and I will continue using it for many years to come whether Microsoft likes it or not, or anyone else for that matter.

Bitch.

I have an ISO for installing Windows 7 that came from Dell itself and it supports USB 3.0 and NVMe devices "out of the box."

As for DX12, nobody gives a fuck which should be painfully obvious by now.

Homura Combat Plus only works with a fully Japanese version of Windows 7 for some reason.

I actually had to hunt down a Japanese copy of Windows 7 for it.

Couldnt get them game to run even when messing with language and region settings, only a Japanese Windows 7 worked.

Is there any software that isn't a game which can't be used in W7? I only know the DX12 games can't run on it, but hell. Most of the decent hardware still has native support on win7, why would someone change it now? Ebin russki ransomware?

The entire Ubuntu repository.

>not using ltsb or embedded

Is this bait?
>Fish.jpg

What am I reading?
Btw screenshot faggot

New meme

youtube.com/watch?v=0zL2akvpWJc

>russians and chinks have free access
bullshit
the only thing you need is a firewall in your router and they can suck your dingdong

>even cutting out new Windows 7 updates from installing on new hardware will stop us from using it
there's already a patch for that

>8 years is almost 10 nigger

>tfw I remember gamers raging about vista like it was yestarday
pls time... slow down...

The problem with vista was when it came out it required top end systems or everything ran like hell, and with the new way everything worked, compatibility was a nightmare driver wise, along with a very VERY fun nvidia had shit drivers and caused nearly 50% of all windows crashes

yea, vista was a fucking trainwreck when it came out.
then hardware got cheaper,
then they patched the os to be less shit.
by the time 7 came around, vistas issues were more or less fixed besides nvidias drivers and the hardware to run it well was a 600-800$ all in one walmart box tier.
7 came around, with all the improvements to vista without any of the legacy compatibility issues and hardware was ready for it.
vista became good over time, windows 7 was good out of the box.

now compare 7 to 10, and 10 is a fucking dumpster fire of malware the os and till equifax happened, I assumed the microsoft data breach would be the most devastating thing that would happen considering 10 has a keylogger in it.

But I don't like the control microsoft has in installing and removing shit from my os or changing settings, I also fucking despise the flat ui, I refuse to use 10.

I don't want uncle bill to jack off to MY lewd japanese cartoon games

I installed win 7 on a hdd, mirrored the hdd to an nvme and installed the drivers, unplugged the hdd, and now I have an nvme win 7 machine with very little hassle.

remember, if you know what you are doing a keyboard can do everything a mouse can.

Hahahah calle can suck my fucking dick i hope everyone on that street dies of slow bone cancer

Neat. I wonder how come.

this was the avoid list when I patched windows last

kb971033
kb2952664
kb2976978
kb2990214
kb3021917
kb3022345
kb3035583
kb3044374
kb3068708
kb3075249
kb3080149
kb3123862
kb3075853
kb3065987
kb3050265
kb2902907
kb2976987
kb3102810
kb3112343
kb3135445
kb3081954
kb3139929
kb3138612
kb3138615
kb3150513
kb3133977
kb3139923
kb3173040

I tried using Windows 10, and couldn't last more than 7 hours before I gave up and moved back to 7.

I know there are workarounds for this, but I remember setting my wallpaper on Win10 and seeing the compression just completely crumble it to shit, that was almost enough for me to give up there and then. Then it's the email application forcing a password on your lockscreen.

I will avoid it for as long as humanly possible. even though I hate how windows 7 looks.

7 is just vista rebranded
and that was a 3 year wait period for a rebranding
in the same 3 year period they've had to do a complete 180 from 8.1 to 10

so comparing 7 and 10 without any sort of context is completely useless, sure it might make sense in the eyes of a consumer because that's the upgrade path, but that's just not the only perspective

>Install Windows 7
>It automatically becomes windows 10 over night

WHdownloader came with a script you can run every time install a rollup in 7

sc config DiagTrack start= disabled
sc stop DiagTrack
reg delete HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\WMI\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener /f
reg delete HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\WMI\AutoLogger\Diagtrack-Listener /f
reg delete HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\WMI\AutoLogger\SQMLogger /f
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics\DiagTrack /f
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection /f
takeown /f %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Diagnosis /A /r /d y
icacls %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Diagnosis /grant:r *S-1-5-32-544:F /T /C
del /f /q %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Diagnosis\*.rbs
del /f /q /s %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\*

I made that into a bat-file that is run every time I login with task scheduler.

To anyone in this thread who knows better than me, is it possible to pass internet through a raspberry pi to a computer to effectively take it 'offline'

The main thing I want is any unpatched shit that may attack the os to see linux and fuck off with only things I request getting to the main pc.

It doesn't become 10 anymore. But like people are using all these telemetry services from a whole host of providers, and then they turn around and go "I blocked some updates from Windows therefore I'm secure & privacy-minded". It's completely retarded but that's just the masses these days.

>came with a script
*came with instructions how to disable telemetry

Too drunk. Sue me.

>but I remember setting my wallpaper on Win10 and seeing the compression just completely crumble it to shit
Windows 7 also does this JPEG recompression shit by default. You have to use the APIs directly (either through image programs like IrfanView that allow you to set a wallpaper, or even fucking Paint) to set an uncompressed bitmap as wallpaper.

>it's less of a botnet than w10
This is what naive goys actually believe.