Why don't you have at least 4k yet?

Why don't you have at least 4k yet?

Because I'm a christian.

The next TV I'll buy is going to be 4k, however many applications are not ready for it. (Yes, I use a big TV as my monitor)

This.
I'm a christian too.

Because it would be a downgrade.
32" 5K when?

True white men don't need more than 640x480x16

haha, how stupid OP is, asking this question on christian board

this, unless you are using it only for PC gayming you dont have that much content yet for 4k. Also 4k is unusable for for daily desktop usage

I'm a christian m8

Because I am sitting 12 feet away from a 70 inch TV. I dont need 4k.

Lack of media support. Almost everything is still recorded in 720p and 1080p. Also forget about 4k as a monitor because every user interface is ant sized and zooming those elements just make them blurry as fuck or have cropping issues.

seriously how come the pajeets at MS STILL don't have UI scaling figured out? It's embarrassing

60hz is abhorrent

I use a 1366x768 small TV as my monitor. It's awesome I love having a remote to turn it off and on across the room & built in speakers.

I watch 1080p anime and play vns. spending $300 on 2 fhd 60hz ips monitors makes more sense to me than 1 4k one.

It's on the backburner of their agenda. Majority of their consumers still use 1080p and below displays so 4k software development is not their concern.

so how come upscaled UI still looks like dogshit on a 720p display?

Cause LCD scaling is shit to begin with. No modern digital display can compete with CRT when it comes to resolution handling.

yeah and no e-ink display can compete with paper for battery life either

because I ordered a 34" curved ultrawide 3440x1440 IPS with up to 75 Hz freesync instead.

yeah you got that right, dickhead.

Because I think 24" is a nice dimension and 4K is a bit overkill for 24".

I'm poor

I do. But I use my 1440p 144hz instead since I cannot stand 60hz anymore

My brother owns a 4K TV but hasn't seen a single piece of 4K content on it. Even his PS4 is 1080p at max

Third dimensional monitors for forth dimensional viewers when?

the third dimension is color depth you slog

I have a 4k tv but in order to view 4k footage or whatever I'd have to move my computer to the tv. I plant to build an HTPC soon though.

terry picked the wrong 16 colors.

I'm getting myself a 27'' 2K IPS with at least 75Hz for christmas.

I can't wait.

My projector for watching movies/shows is 1080p, but my monitor is 4K. Which is fine, since the only 4k content I really ever watch is shit on youtube on my desktop.

Asian text on 4k is amazing, though. Reading is so much easier on the eyes.

1080p is more than good enough. Honestly, 720p is good quality too. Explain why I need a 4k monitor to read on-screen text?

Tell me why do you need more than 640x480 with 16 colors to read on screen text

>Color
Fucking kids these days.

I'd rather not enable myself. If I watch zootopia in 4k my dick would have a heart attack. I can't do that as a responsible Christian

Because I sit more than 1" away from the screen.

>non-leather writing

younglings these age

Human eye can't see that many pixels

Recs for 40" 4k tv/monitors with high refresh rates?

4k is 4cucks

because I'm waiting for a 21:9 HDR screen with G-Sync and 200Hz

I don't need a 4K monitor. And unlike you children, I don't mind seeing individual pixels on my screen from two feet away.

Letting the saps^H^H^H^early adopters work out the defects and pay for the R&D -- IE: paying the suckers tax.

I'll just get a cheap chinese knock-off when all the kinks are worked out.

I do. Text is the only difference I can notice.

I upgraded my TV to a 4K one last year, but very few things takes advantage of it outside my gaming PC.

As far as my monitor goes, it is a 1440p/144hz G-Sync monitor. I don't plan on upgrading until GPUs are able to handle 4K like they can handle 1440p now, and when more options are available (and the price goes down).

I got a free 50" 1080p tv new in the box I have yet to open. Plan on it when I move out.

If someone wants to give a free 4K tv with HDR and Dolby Vision, then I'll take it. Until then I'll just stick with 1080p.

because I don't have any 4k movies, video games, digital cameras, or anything that would take full advantage of 4k.

like, what's the fucking point of having an HD TV if you only have standard cable?

because id rather have a 1080p 144hz than a 4k 60hz monitor

>UI scaling

Top cuck

The human eye can't see past 1080p so it's pointless.

1366x768 masterrace reporting

Why haven't you enabled Sup Forums X's thumbnail replacement?

What is the point of 4k when the size is the same?

christian board

I am, just got an OS called Linux set up on this bad boy!

>Posts image showing the benefits of high PPI
>Asks why you don't have 4k yet
4k is the means, not the destination. It's people like you that are causing manufacturers to kill their battery life putting 4k screens in phones and laptops.

Because I don't look at my screen through a magnifying glass.

4k 144hz when

fix the damn scaling jordan

I do

I rebooted and now it's all big like a retarded old person's compy

Top lol at scaling, so long as you're not retarded, old, or blind you can see fine at normal scale.

you realize Terry wants Temple OS on 4k screens... outputting 640x480.

see

I don't watch the screen from 2"

4k user here and this is totally fucking true - and we can only see 1080p in ideal conditions in the first place

Waiting for a non-expensive 4K IPS 120Hz+.

>I have shitty eyes and can't resolve details in an object 1 meter away
That's nice, but most people either have vision correction or just don't have shit vision in the first place.

I suggest a pair of these.

Nice meme and a good consuming goy. I'm convinced. I'm gonna blow up my ancient crt and buy... a pair of glasses.

Try using a 42" 1080 P TV screen from your couch without scaling.

Too much bandwidth, pls stop
server is expensive b0y

I wasn't memeing, I wasn't joking. If you seriously can't resolve details at 1 meter, especially in high frequency visual signals such as text on a screen, then you have vision problems. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just how it is.

Sup Forums uses cloudfare now. It's not 2011 anymore.

Because Sup Forums told me high-dpi on a computer is dumb xD

>much content yet for 4k

Plenty of 4k blu rays out there now to justify and every new movie is getting a 4k release.

Maybe your font rendering is shit. At least my "bad" eyesight saved me money.

If you're using a high PPI monitor font rendering isn't much of an issue at all. You have enough pixels to have accurate character geometry while also being sharp. You don't even have to use hinting.

Anyone who cares about font rendering would benefit from high PPI.

I use one from my bed with no scaling, no worries.

>no 4k content

>Why don't you have at least 4k yet?
Poorfag.

Not really true. I went to a store to compare some TVs and there was a definite and clear difference in the image quality and detail between HD TVs and 4K TVs.

Basically I was unable to see the pixels on the 4K screen, while the HD screen image looked all choppy and jagged.

There is definitely a difference and it's very visible. I don't know how those fucks made those diagrams, because from my experience, that's not very accurate. Different people have different visual abilities.

Can't afford one, but at the same time, I don't really need one. It'd be nice to have though I suppose.

check my *girth* onii chan

>call it 4k
>it's 3840x2160

Because I got a small 1920x1080 screen. Pixel density has already been achieved.

>call it HD
>it's 1280x720
woah

yeah everyone has a phone user

To be fair, the original Retina MacBooks struggled with the resolution, hence the 10fps Facebook gags

t. 2017 MBP user

I bought a 42 inch 4k monitor and I had to return it cause it was so big I had to physically tilt my head to see the top of the screen and so wide it would hide about 10 pixels on the left and right sides when viewed from the center :(

thats because it was a tv not a monitor u fool

waste of space

Literally advertised as a monitor. I think it was LG.

How did you even have to buy it first to realize 42 inch is too big for a monitor? Max. Is 32 inch, best is anywhere between 24 and 27.

>using scaling
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT AND LAUGH

I have a 34 inch ultrawide and wanted a 38 inch ultrawide. Then I was like wow a 42 inch is longer than a 38 inch and I get even more space vertically. I can put all my terminals on the top row and do work on the bottom.

:(

27 is about right for 4k, you'd need to scale on anything smaller and 32" just looks stupid unless you have a really deep desk and your monitor is more than 2m away from your face

I switched to 4k, but hot damn I regret it.
Hi-DPI support is garbage in most software, so either I deal with tiny 25% scale programs, every windows before 10 is blurry garbage when upscaling windows that aren't natively high-DPI, and even worse, trying to just use 1080p on it is also a blurry mess because apparently just quadrupling your pixels without blurring them is just too god damn hard.

sounds like a user issue to me

34" and 38" ultrawide are the sweetspot atm

Why are you using an antiquated OS, user?

_ ____ __ ____ ____ ____