Tfw no forum communities like there was in 2000-2007

>tfw no forum communities like there was in 2000-2007

they were so much more superior... I miss the good old days :(

but this is a forum community

You miss abusive mods and shitposters with 15k karma?

(Before you post to our community, let us know who you are and register! It's free!)

(Links are for registered users only!)

I'll pass.

but you know, the signatures, the avatars, the sense of community with some posters always posting the same way and getting to know their personality, slow movement topics weren't garbage and recycled in a day and making a thread actually meant something

Abusive mods were annoying but in a fun way it was almost part of it. I'm on a dirtbike forum and the one mod is an old bastard and is trigger happy as hell, its hilarious. I actually enjoy watching him ban newfags that are dumb. It's great.

That first barrier of entry was the most important part..

Sorry user, but those times have passed, just as all times do.

bump for feels because I feel those feels, ya feel me.

My favorite forum when I was a kid was called tech forums. It was like the little brother to XtremeSytems which I think is still up today

The main moderator was this IT guy whos name was Monster or something, had like 25k+ posts all in the help section and he only used Internet Explorer and worked for Microsoft or something

Was a great time really.

No thank you. That's one of the things imageboards do right is divorce content from identity. Ego posting is cancer.

But back then there was no ego...I formed real bonds with a lot of the users and spent many years playing games/spending time on ventrillo with them

People weren't shit heads like they are today. Hop into any discord and its just 12 year olds spamming memes or calling each other the N word. It's really sad.

The problem is that any capacity for a long-term conversation or community is completely wiped out and made impossible, so we're constantly restarting the same conversations, posting the same images, over and over.

reddit killed them and while I have nostalgia too I can't convince myself it was a bad thing as most were full of drama and bullshit due to putting nerds into a power hierarchy

>N word
people were definitely calling each other niggers on forums. You might get a temp ban or warning, but nothing too drastic. Forums were fun, and there are still tons around. Unfortunately, your nostalgia is clouding your memory, many of them are still the same, you just grew up.

i didn't know you could actually get banned for saying nigger

>inb4 i get banned too

Well this never happened to me 5 years ago. But then all of a sudden I get banned constantly. I don't think my posting style changed that much.

Who /came to Sup Forums from ebaumsworld/ here??

Does anybody remember youtube groups? You know with the whole sub4sub stuff? Good times.

Oh and chatango. Yeah it's still around but I used to have a ton of friends on it.

And stickam. Some girls my age would private cam with me...

And the other chat service I dont remember it's name but now it's got the fbi on it 24/7. People would just go nude for no reason. Lots of underage.

Also I tried remembering my old accounts...just looking back my posts reads like a completely different person. "I WROTE THAT???" goes through my mind. The anime pics I used that I didn't even know where the characters were from at the time makes me cringe. I have some profiles that I pretend I'm female. I have a heavy use of emoticons like ^___^ and :-P

Probably some nigger mod.
I used to say nigger all the time but I didn't start getting banned for saying nigger until like 2012, it has happened a few times but it was on Sup Forums on shitposting threads, where I think the mod just wanted any excuse to ban.

>nostalgia over 2008 era teenager shit
get lost newfag
this thread is for early 2000s vets only

What are you even doing on Sup Forums past 30 anyway. You should get lost. Get your life in check.

lmao you realize people that have families and make 100k+ a year post here for the same reasons you do?