Buying into the SSD meme

>buying into the SSD meme
Enjoy your slow ass sequential reads, kid

*Blocks your path*
"Heh, nothing personal kid"

AHAHAHAHA WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

>7 second boot times vs 40
SSD is all I'll ever need

HDDs suffer from rotational velocidensity which results in the loss of bitrate in files as the HDD ages. The effect is most noticeable in MP3s.

There exists no scenario where an HDD is faster than an SSD.
HDDs only have a place in servers, NAS, etc but not in a desktop/laptop ever. Except when you're so poor you should be buying food with that money.

>caring about boot time
full blown ultra turbo autism detected

do you spend all they rebooting?

>7 seconds to prepare your tea and read newspapers
goodluck with that

>40 second boot with HDD
What the fuck? My 8 year old HDD boots W10 in less than 10 seconds. I can barely tell the difference after spending money on an SSD.

>moving parts, not the best for laptops
>vulnerable to magnets
>more vulnerable to shifts in g-forces
>slower booting

>Actually believing this
The spinning compresses the bits dumbass, making the files smaller and more efficient over time

>More vulnerable to shifts in g force
> Forms gyroscope that literally resists changes in force
Nice try bud

>not using reel to reel
Ultimate sequential read speed

i remember before i took a break from the internet back in like 2013 everyone on here was shilling SSD's as if they were some revolutionary advancement in technology and now it's a "meme".

windows 10 doesn't really shut down when you click shutdown.

check boot time with this
shutdown /s /f /t 15

Windows hasn't properly 'shut down' since 8 IIRC. The only way to really 'shut down' is to reboot.

For desktops I guess, SSD or HDD may not matter much. I however primarily use laptops and having an SSD over a HDD in a laptop is the only way to do things because there's only benefits.

Sometimes I'll shutdown, and everything turns off except my case fans. Fucking faggot MS.

Not using a sata based samsung ssd and magician to create a ram disk. Super fast boots and super fast read write speeds.

>Enjoy your slow ass sequential reads, kid
>Being this retarded...

>Not manually inserting punch cards to load an operating system
Kys

Which parts of your pic is motorcycle made, really cool, I want one

that may be true, but if the HDD is spinning too fast, the bits can fly off the platter

ok

Wait what?

ha, idiot
everyone knows that SSD chips are read counter-clockwise, to imitate the HDD, so windows doesn't throw stack overflows

1. Cost. There’s no getting around the fact that SSD still costs way more per gigabyte than hard disk and will keep on costing more for the foreseeable future.

2. Capacity. It remains to be seen if density advances in transistor technology will outpace density advances in magnetic media. Both still have substantial road maps in front of them. For the near-term, anyway, hard drives will maintain a sizable capacity advantage.

3. Endurance. Early issues with cell cycles and poor wear leveling are now fading away. We could continue to see spots of poor quality control on this front, especially in low-end products, but expect longevity to continue to improve as time goes on. Already, the average SSD endurance will likely far outstrip its useful life in an everyday PC.