Are SSD prices going down anytime soon?

Are SSD prices going down anytime soon?

Not until the justice department fines them for price collusion again

I fucking hope so.

hope they sue RAM manufacturers first
options added in the last 5 years include paying the same price for the same performance with a number upgrade at the end of the name or paying half a thousand for something faster. Yay.

no

No, demand will always rise, capacity can't grow fast enough

I'd wait till after the holidays. My guess is everything gets inflated during this time of year except convertible summer sports cars.

They've been slowly going up for about 3 years so no.

RAM price literally doubled in 1 year. (1 year ago you could buy a 2x8 DDR4 pack for 60-70 bucks)

i wish they would make a ram factory in my town i would work for the nand gods

Fucking this.

>tfw you could've bought 2x8GB DDR4 kit for literally the price of 2x4GB DDR4 kit 1 year ago

not until NAND prices go down, it's the same reason why a $60 kit of ram costs $160 atm

I noticed this. When I built my machine a few years ago, I got 16GB of 1600mhz DDR3 ram for like $30. Earlier this year, I paid closer to $70 for the same ram for my server.

it's supply an demand, there are only so many NAND manufacturers, and now smart phones all use it for ram and flash based storage, and most laptops use ssd's these days. IIRC samsung had to shut down one of it's factories for a while due to some sort of manufacturing issue or something. On top of that there is work being done to develop DDR5 ram and as a result there is a split work load and there are yield issues with the new ram.

wasn't that cause by a big factory going down? because of global cooling in the winter season?

>I got 16GB of 1600mhz DDR3 ram for like $30.
stop exaggerating

cheapest decent 8GB went for was about $35-40

Never. There's a new phone like every couple of months. The stock will never catch up.

Actually it is due to smartphones how use DDR4, which basically drives demand up by a lot. IFF Best Korea decides to go mad and attack Worst Korea then the price will probably be doubly fucked since Samsung and Hynix are some of the world's biggest manufacturers of memory chips

Also over the bast decade all the RAM and flash manufacturers spent billions and billions of dollars building giant new fabs. So even if they don't directly collude prices go up because none of the major players is willing to fight a price war to gain market share, they'd all rather maintain their margins to pay off debt.

Prices might or might not rise much further, but they ain't going down any time soon.

I got a 16gb kit for my laptop last year for about $40

I thought the Jew magic was that they steadily race prices for things then sell them at normal price as soon as the holidays start. I don't see memory going down in price since millions of normies are going to line up to buy $1,000 Fisher Price toys. all this bullshit just had to happen once I started a job that allowed me to afford building my new computer which I wanted to do for the past three years. I wouldn't be surprised at the prices never come down. I think they will try to condition us to accept paying more for the same specs.