>Yandex
>DuckDuckGo
>Google(tm)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VGHPWJXOris
ghacks.net/2013/02/20/how-to-change-the-internal-pdf-viewer-in-mozilla-firefox/
youtube.com/results?search_query=3570 vs 3770
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i have a bunch of custom resolutions set in CRU, but sometimes my monitor goes black for a second and all of the resolutions dissappear.
How can i fix this? besides having to restart the display driver every time it happens ofc.
>Two monitors
>nvidia driver 22.21.13.8528
>pic related

CPU temps are always between 60 and 70 °C (and this is probably the cause of fans spinning at 3800 rpm). Should I be worried? I'm on a thinkpad X200

change thermal paste
youtube.com/watch?v=VGHPWJXOris

I did that I used some thermal paste I found in a motherboard replacement box but the actual cpu part exposed to the fan metal arm is really small. it's like the cpu in the top right corner. is cheap thermal compound really that ineffective? it's not like I placed the cooler just like that without applying a thing..

I'm guessing this classifies as a stupid question.

Im a university dropout, a year ago I started working as a software developer for a smallish technology company. I started of rewriting their current systems (running on windows) to cloud/Linux based solutions and doing some custom projects as well. I get a lot of freedom in the projects (sometimes I'm the only guy working on it) and I'm involved in every step of the project (hardware, software and support).

I really love my job, but my problem is I get paid just above minimum wage (which is fine since I'm a dropout after all) and they expect me to work a lot of overtime. I'm scared that if I switch jobs I'll be stuck constantly fixing other people's code and not get the freedom to create and do projects how I want, but I'll be paid way more. Or should I stick it out another year and be classified as a intermediate developer so I'll easily get a job I want for more money?

tl;dr What is worth more job satisfaction or money?

Last thread, I replied right when it died so...
What is a good 2TB HDD for around $60-80? All I know is to avoid Seagate, and I'm getting a HDD as a gift, I just gotta tell the person which one to get.

I have 2 first generation iPads. What do?

Is Firefox collecting cache for anyone else? Normally it takes up to 800MB of space when I browse around for a while and I normally scrub it by then. My storage keeps going down as I watch videos but the application cache keeps saying its using 0 disk space, which usually isn't--and shouldn't be--the case.

Is Firefox glitched? It's at 56.0.

You could ask for a raise. Tell them what you posted if you have a good relationship with your hierarchy.

When I play old games on steam, and they bounce around at hundreds of fps, sometimes over a thousand, is there something I should be doing to stop that?

I fix Pc's & Laptops at home, and have been doing that for the last 15 years.

I have around 800 HDD's which kinda accumulated over the years.
Everything from 12" 5MB drives up to 2.5" 4TB drives, and every concievable spec in the middle.
I have reciepts for maybe 5-10% of them.

Hypothetical question: if I am ever "raided by the cops", and they take all those hard drives for forensics, how liable am I for information they "undelete" from the drives?

Could be anything there. Radical books, someones family pics with underage bath snaps, weapons info, hell I could have a careless hackers' drive in there which has logs of a yet unknown breach.

Am I over paranoiding things, or is the only way to be at ease is do a 64-pass wipe on every hard drive in my house?

can't you limit the frames in the "advance settings" when you right-click a game and go to properties?
might be here:
bit
ly/2ufbUJJ

Rule of thumb, if its a real passion of yours, first 3 years, do it for the money.
After that, concentrate on quality of the job.

I can't view pdfs with firefox anymore?
Not really sure which settings I must have fucked up, but even when opening it directly with firefox, it just acts like a download.
It's nightly on w8.

On Windows 10 whenever I restart my computer my audio output changes to my monitor by default, even though I had set it to my headphones by default and I disabled the monitor's.
What do

Cheap compound might be bad, yes.

Have you checked to make sure the fan isn't dusty?

How riceble is Cinnamon?

I was more wondering if it's something I should do, like am I unnecessarily taxing my card, does it have any positive or negative impact on gameplay, what framerate would be ideal on a 60fps monitor?

No clue, just do a bit a trial and error

Why keep them? Dispose of most of it. You probably don't need the bulk of it.

I don't think that's the issue here. a dusty fan struggles to spin, my fan is spinning at 3800rpm..

maybe there's a service or program that manages playback devices? can't tell with no info

No, a dusty fan can still spin. However, it'll be less efficient than a clean one at moving air, forcing it to spin faster to compensate. Given that it's an X200, it's on the older side of things and dust may very well be the issue.

do you really need ff to open pdf? if not check sumatra
if you do try this ghacks.net/2013/02/20/how-to-change-the-internal-pdf-viewer-in-mozilla-firefox/

guess I'll open the laptop once again and see what's wrong

No I don't need ff to open pdf, but I would imagine if I've fucked up something it should be doing by default, then what else could I have fucked up that might be a real problem later.

how do you make the box to the left side where you can open/close a bunch of text? i totally forget...

how do I enable even-odd lines on vim? I mean how do I highlight one of them to make a some sort of pattern?

Awkward but fairly easy to clear up.

i have a single 8gb Fury HyperX @ ~1800mhz in my PC right now

someone gave me 2 x 4gb Crucial Ballistix @ ~1600mhz for free

will i suffer any serious performance loss from installing the two new 4gb sticks? i need the extra ram for doing heavy work, and i'm concerned about speed

I keep trying to assign my XBone (which is wired directly to the router) a static IP that is outside the router's DHCP range, but it keeps fucking up and giving me a network reserved address (127 something).

What gives?

I have a 2012 Thinkpad T430 with an i5-3210M and 12 gigabytes of ram, upgraded from 4

is it still recent enough or has technology advanced enough that I'd notice a tangible difference of performance on a newer laptop (probably a thinkpad)?

what do you mean network reserved? What's actual IP? Is it APIPA?
does the xbox have a feature to disable requesting for a DHCP address?

There is this Dell Audio shit installed but I can't find it in the programs and features list to uninstall it

how the hell do I disable these

Go to metro screen
Highlight All
Right click >uninstall

Chances are you won't I don't think. I reckon if you plug them in (and your PC still works, there's a small chance it won't and you'll have to remove them) then just do a benchmark and compare it or something like that. I've got an 8gb at 1600 and 2 4gb at 1866 and it reports the RAM at 933 so it'll probably work.

>metro screen
I'm pretty sure they removed that option

Does anyone have any recommendation for a simple color laser printer for home use?
Main points:
Can use refillable toner without vomiting all over itself or getting chiplocked
To be used for general A4 documents, color drawings for the kids, and shitty family pics to send to the relatives once a year.
Preferably something that lasts as long as my old mono HP2100 laserjet
Also, my budget is roughly 300€
I dont care about functions like wifi, web printing, card readers and all that junk

OLED or QLED TVs?

Oled because cheaper

>what do you mean network reserved? What's actual IP? Is it APIPA?
Yeah, it's APIPA. Sorry for using the wrong term.

>does the xbox have a feature to disable requesting for a DHCP address?
Not that I'm aware of.

hey Sup Forums looking for recommendations on brands for an auto navigation and backup camera headunit. my carolla has a 2DINN spot. i'll be replacing a pioneer head unit, audio only.

thanks.

I am looking for a external hard drive enclosure
It needs at least 4 drive bays but 6 would be ideal

Any recommendations?

Whats the best way to archive entire subreddits? Any wget scripts?

just tried it and it works! cheers

When you set parameters for static addressing it won't send a request. Make sure your target ip matches what is allocated on the router. You could allocate a dhcp address for the box and have the router just assign the same ip to the target mac. In this case you would leave the box ip entries blank because it's assigning via dhcp.

just uninstall them jeez

so, I'm having some lewd video calls using whatsapp with a hoe, decent easy and free app to record my screen?
Also of course I need something that would not give any info about me recording to the bitch

Take a moment of silence and rethink your life.

What?
Is just my GF

Does anyone know a premium generator for filedot.xyz file service?

I have a 3570.
Am I going to notice a difference at all if I get a 3770 instead?

I still don't quite understand how memecores work.

>nvidia driver 22.21.13.8528
Nigga what?
385.69 is latest, update that shit

no

>>>youtube.com/results?search_query=3570 vs 3770

6 month long ML projects for beginners? want to use my final year uni project as an excuse to learn some ml

I dug this old flight stick out of my closet. It's a Saitek ST290 pro, but I bought it however many years ago from a Radio Shack sometime between 2006 and 2010, maybe earlier (I was pretty young) because I think this thing predates Windows Vista.

I can't recognize what kind of USB connector this is, but I know it doesn't fit into my tower's USB2.0 or 3.0 ports because of this weird plastic shit inside the port. I know it USED to fit into the computer setup I was running back when I bought the stick, because I used it to play Flight Simulators with it all the time.

Can anyone identify it? I'm a retard and google hasn't come up with anything useful, nor has Amazon or a .pdf of the owner's manual. Ideally, I'm trying to find out what format it is so I can buy some kind of adapter (if such a thing exists) between it and modern USB types like 2.0 or 3.0. I'm basically trying to avoid buying a new flight stick is all.

updated firefox and whenever I go to upload something it opens to my user folder
what gives?

>Copy big file to a USB
>Progress bar freezes
Windows 7, USB 3.1 port.

What could be wrong?

i have 385.28 but thats the name it gets in Speccy.
i dont see any reason to upgrade, i dont play the latest games

You dont need to play the latest games to get updated features,there is more to a video driver then just playing gaymens

im using the old version of shadowplay, im afraid updating can fuck it up

I use DuckDuckGo as my default search not because I particularly care about their politics or the Google botnet but because I like their "bangs" system, where you can add keywords beginning with a ! to search any number of different websites (e.g. !a for amazon !anidb to search anidb.net !dsw to search the dark souls wiki, etc...)

My question: Is there a way to use the DDG "bangs" but have my default search when I don't include any of those keywords use Google instead of DDG?

>open connector
>remove plastic shit
>???
>microsoft fsx steam edition fuckery

What's an alternative to the Google now widget on android?
Trying to get off Google and big stuff.

Hard mode : how do I use Youtube subscriptions without a Google account? Any other way than RSS?

yes

thanks

I guess I don't lose anything if I break something I can't use.

How would you recommend opening it? Carving along the plastic housing with an X-acto knife or smth?

I forgot the name of the program to validate the pirated windows 7 copy I have, care to point me on the right direction?

>pc randomly turned on
what the fuck? im not shitposting. it actually turned on while i was using my laptop. it has no network connection

Proprietary USB port for cameras and some controllers.
Not even chinks make them anymore.

Leaving aside the plastic thing im 99% sure its a normal USB 2.0 Type A cable.

How do I get into ad blocking on android ?

how do I add userchrome.css on chrome, where is the user profile folder, is there even any on the nightly?

Where would you go to get a new office chair?

lazyboy

is hey siri really gone in ios 11.0.2

daz loader

help
this makes me paranoid

whats the best external hd? thanks

does anybody know what linux or bsd kernel drivers support 5ghz access points?

i don't think i'm going to buy another wireless card until i can figure this one out

I set my buddies' pc to auto-turn on at different times each day of the week.

Cant remember the model of his mobo, just check in the BIOS
Some mobos only support turning on at a single set time every day though

maybe your bios has an auto-boot setting on? does it happen regularly?

craigslist
find a herman miller or steel case that are usually $800 and buy it for ~$150-200
the one that doesn't fail
or consider external enclosures and you can use as many disks as you want

i never set anything like that
do you think it could be because i have my laptop pugged into my desktop monitor?

My T60p has a bad screen issue, where the screen is constantly flickering and messed up. How do i fix this? Thank you.

welo i cant find a raspberry pi in person so now idk what im going to do this weekend.

.__.

maybe ill redo my OS and change it to linux mint idk. I got nothing else to do...maybe ill buy a textbook from barnes and noble detailing how to use linux.

Do the books you buy at barnes and noble are they ok? Or are they memes?

Seems like you can't get updated in depth guides irl tbqh

Why avoid Seagate?

yeah, if you plug your laptop into the desktop monitor it could send a false signal through the VGA/DVI interface and trigger a computer bootup

any book you buy is going to be too generic to be useful
what exactly do you want to do? just read man pages and google "what linux program does x" and read the man page

Yes.

How do i fix this issue? It only happens when not plugged into a charger. Its a t60p by the way.

highest failure rate out of all the main HDD distributors
or at least, this is the Sup Forums meme that is taught

how to save a Sup Forums thread AND have the quote system still work?
as in if i hover or click on a blue post link, the post will show up

you got problems man
and not just whatever is in that terminal emulator

I dint even know..i want to get a career in tech somehow so im learning how to use everything..i just want to be tech savvy in general. I need a project..i guess reformatting my hard drive to linux mint will do for tonight.

Idk im lost..

did you run lm sensors