/BST/ - Battlestation Thread

Battlestation thread, last one hit the bump limit.

rate, comment and subscribe for the latest tech and news from your favorite shitposters

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dell-27-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor-U2718Q/dp/B073VYVX5S
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

did you steal that from work user?

no, it was going to be thrown away, it was getting cycled out with the old stuffs so i signed it out and took it

Looks comfy friendo.

I wish my company did that. too bad the only time they throw out old stuff is when it breaks. so one of my coworkers has like a 6 year old pc that is struggling to run solidworks

Comfy!
I got that background on right.
Printed with UV ink under my blacklight!
>cat
instant 10/10

TREMBLE BEFORE MY MAJESTY!

hnnggg that CRT is so comfy looking desu

2304x1728 thank you very much!

Just got back from a friend in Stockholm, now back to enjoying the neet lifestyle

Currently the comfiest of stations

Jelly of that radiator.
My storage heater means i'm committed to freezing or boiling.
Comfy view btw!

That's a very comfy room user, idk what it is about it whether it's the lighting or the rainy window but I'm jelly, also what movie you watching? seems familiar

I want your desk and monitor holder and i want your cat. 9.9/10

You guys are making me want to upgrade too.

Desk is from Ikea, the karlby kitchetop. I used Adils legs cause im a cheap bastard.
The monitor mounts are just WALI brand monitor mounts. just look them up on amazon.
The cat, well, look inside cars in the winter. Thats where i rescued mine. Fell in love right before she bit a chunk out of my finger

Yeah i looked onto the tabletop karlby today, you have the small version or the large version? Legs cost a fucking fortune i've seen. Only got to speend 300 euro in total

>tfw missing 2 parts for my pc build
>tfw no battlestation with a comfy view yet

i got the 74 inch one, which is like 188cm or so
I also got the cheapest legs, which here are like 4 bucks a pop, and i got 5. Four on the corners and one in the middle-back to ensure it doesn't bow
If you do get one from ikea, try to see if you can find one that has the solidwood in stock. The one I got is like an 1/8" oak on particleboard. Its still sturdy and heavy as fuck, but solid wood is always a better choice. I believe the HAMMARP is solidwood from what im reading on the website. I do know the sales rep told me that they're a slightly thinner, so you'd need to make some sort of wood spacer so you dont actually drill through the whole desk.
But depending on prices, if you can get the kitchentop plus 2 ALEX, with maybe a leg in the middle, that would be the least wobbly, or so i've been told.

>also what movie you watching?
That's "Outrage" by takeshi kitano

Strangely enough they are the same price, but i do particurly like the walnut color on the karlby., But perhaps i can give it a darker finish if i treat it with some varnish. I think my mom has a bucket of that stuff laying around, might visit her for it tomorrow to check. Thanks man.

Like the black with blue accents from your pc and equipment.

R8 and h8 friendos

>letting the dog set foot on your bed

Your dog will never respect you

I hate your floor, but like everything else.

hang your surge protector on the wall so the cords arent at your feet and you dont risk switching it off

Upgraded to a 27" IPS 4K monitor (P2715Q) recently. Work spoiled me so my old 2x24" TN 1920x1200 just didn't do it for me anymore.

Pretty comfy, but the contrast in both color quality, resolution and response time between muh geymen 144 Hz monitor (XG2401) and the IPS is quite noticable.

Luckily I usually don't use both at the same time (one for Linux host, one for Windows guest w/PCI passthrough).

>Luckily I usually don't use both at the same time
why not just dual boot then

she sleeps on it sometimes.
it's a room that was converted into a bedroom, so not much choice in the flooring.
usually i've got my feet on my chair legs so i can swing around like an autist when i get bored. in the 3 months i've been in this room i've never hit anything out of the surge protector.

Get a better computer, but 7/10. Awesome desk

What model of monitor is the vertical? I've been thinking of getting one.

Awesome CRTs, and case. Also,
> That tape deck

>Windows
>Empty beer cans
>One monitor
2/10

I beg to differ

> Windows
> Gay Led Lit keyboard
4/10

> Was going to be 5/10
> Then macbook
0/10

r8 my setup m8

Dell U2415, they're all the same though. I love having the vertical for when I do papers or manga or even just Sup Forums.

Poorly worded on my part. What I was trying to say is that I don't usually switch (eye) focus back and forth between the monitors all that often for the different characteristics to be an issue. But going "back" to the IPS after being done with geymen it's noticeable for sure.

Also, dual boot is annoying. I'm quite content with my current setup.

>> Was going to be 5/10
>> Then macbook
>0/10
I got it for free. I use it to play movies on the tv [spoiler]and for when i'm fapping[/spoiler]

Ehh. Alright if you've got linux on there.

I was thinking of getting 2. One for code, the other for documentation.

>Dell u2415
Damn, to bad its nearly $310.

hackers hideout/10

Damn, i think i got them when they were like 200 or so.
Try the U2417HJ. Its the newer model of the same thing, except it has a wireless charger built into the stand

n-nice angle user

double mousepad/10

what rifle?

real nice corner you've got going on there
comfy

never go full black
I did the same mistake initially, but I've learned

reported to the fbi/10

So how much days did it take to build up all those cans? You got such a nice wide desk but it's full of shit.

It's clean, shame about the mismatching monitors though. I like the green highlights on the speakers but the keyboard and mouse look cheap.

TV seems to be too high up on the wall but that might be the angle of the picture. Rest of the room looks messy but I like the neat collection of games and books.

All around 6.5/10

Sexy monitors, love the rounded corners and the clean look. And a nice keyboard as well.

Honestly, it looks ridiculous. There is literally not a single reason to have these amounts of monitors other than looking like some try hard hacker. And my god, left handed mouse user, just what the fuck are you doing.

Yeah, the one mousepad is super thin, so its more of just something to cover the obnoxious logo with

is that keyboard orientation for gayming or typing?

>mismatching monitors
Was given the smaller one for free. I was going to find a way to mount it vertically but it's comfy for discord or youtube on the side while i'm playing a game.
>speakers
Got them for free too
>Keyboard and mouse look cheap
Yep, HP brand. got them for free to though so I can't complain, and i do plain on getting a mechanical keyboard and a good mouse.
>TV too high
I felt that too when i first moved into the room but I've gotten used to it. Although i am like 6'2 so manlets may have an issue
>rest of the room looks messy
I share the room with my dads bike equipment. I try to keep my stuff as neat and tidy as possible.

>U2417HJ
The 23" is $200. Ordering one now actually.

Ever see the core? Thats whats going down when they show up

>Honestly, it looks ridiculous. There is literally not a single reason to have these amounts of monitors other than looking like some try hard hacker.

Actuslly that's entirelly incorrect. Main setup has 4 monitors. Large one is actually a TV for watching videos/what-not. Main one I use for daily tasks, internet, etc. The one above that I usually put conky, htop, and sometimes wireshark depending on what im doing. The one atop the computer doesn't see much use. When I do use it it's for monitoring an IRC or ill take immunities register and memory monitors and put it on the screen. And sometimes a monitor for that 1988 RCA camcorder, which I use as a webcam. Then to the right is the first CRT, that is connected to my server. The CRT next to that is to my recording PC, which I use for archiving cassettes tapes, betamax, vhs tapes, records, any and all media forms. To the right is a CRT television for monitoring it incase software bugs out and starts recording funky. Atop that is a screen I use to connect to laptops/motherboards i'm testing out. The the Large HP computer is connected to the screen on the table, I use that computer for poking around with old drives, floppy disks, and just as a pc to fuck with.

So maybe not for you, but for me it serves a legit purpose. Plus I collect classic CRT televisions and monitors anyway.

>Left handed mouse user
Hah. go fuck yourself. Im left handed, and I prefer it over going righthanded.

But who knows, Im probably just a hoarder with 200+ laptops (most i5s or i7s), over 2 thousand hard drives, hundreds of motherboards, etc. But I have space and get everything for free, so fuck it.

I like the adjustable speaker stands, and how the angled speakers work together with your curved monitor. Nice one.

>Sexy monitors, love the rounded corners and the clean look. And a nice keyboard as well.
Thanks! I considered buying the new Dell U2718Q which is their next generation 27" 4K IPS, but its (glossy) "bezel less" design would clash heavily with my other monitor. While sexy, the bezels do have another function than protecting the panel, and that is blocking light (sunshine) from the sides hitting the panel at weird angles.

It was also much more expensive than the P2715Q in my country. For anyone in the US on the other hand looking for a similar monitor it's (still) available at a very nice price at Amazon and a few other places:

amazon.com/Dell-27-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor-U2718Q/dp/B073VYVX5S

Ah ok. Works fairly well.

Got a logo on my pad too, just noticed I had my mousepad upside down in my picture kek ().

Not a fan of waifu merchendice, but overall your desk and stuff looks pretty awesome 9/10

>Ever see the core? Thats whats going down when they show up
I see you're prepared. Already on the 'when' and not the 'if', too.

With some of the stuff i've pulled off drives i've gotten from electronic dumps or government e-waste facilities. I wouldn't be suprised. Epescially since some had red labels.

I'd just also like to say, after im done poking at the drives and looking through the stuff I always DBAN them then destroy them. I never keep any of the files.

Huh, thought most red labelers knew to grind their waste but alas I guess. Now I'm intrigued though, got any more interesting pictures of said drives or laptops? You're describing quite the collection!

Drives most of the laptops are all boxed up and under shit. I've got a stack down stairs out though, let me grab a picture

Schiit Stack ftw

pls no bully

For sure. Have been hard pressed to consider or recommend other options after they entered market.

Here's a stack of laptops. Wbitelabels here. All except one have either an i5 or an i7

White label

Honestly for every 300 white label items I get I'll maybe get one red label. Usually I DBAN them cause I don't really want to get a treason charge

And just some random drives I have on my desk.

Meme speakers

Jealousy/10. If I were rich, I would have gotten Emotiva's.

Meme headphones

Super clean. Super comfy. I'm not a fan of the tile but there's not really anything you can do about that. I love your headboard and I'm jealous of the window next to your bed.

You may be a virgin but god damn is that a clean setup.

11/10

Looks like a bunch of HP EliteBooks. Aren't those perfectly fine laptops if they're i5/i7 types?

Wise.

Do you use these mixed drives yourself?

Depending on your use case. For normies like myself, I don't really care to separate the dac from the amp. I love the Micca Origen+. But the Schiit stack is such a paragon of pure quality, it's definitely earned its rep.

Yeah, most I get are Elitebooks and Dell Latitude. That stack is like 50/50 Elitebook 8560ps and Latitude E6 series laptops. They all work perfectly fine. Just they government buys its employess brand new laptops every 1-4 years and chuck them away. Even if they work perfectly fine. I'm starting to get a lot of i7s recently.

Yeah, im about to set up a NAS and see how much space I can actually get. I want around 30TB

>24-Bit/192kHz
nice meme

I get what you're saying though. Currently sporting a Schiit Fulla at work.

Glad U like my gear m8.
Looking a bit absolutely fucking mint yourself m8!

192/24 has been bog standard for a long time now

>left handed
>genetically inferior/10

Well at least it's fueling the economy.. well, fueling something anyway.

Nice, 30T from dumps/e-waste facilities isn't bad.

Poorfag here.
I don't really think cable management is that important.

Its important if you are limited on space
otherwise yeah its mostly just wankery that makes you look 'cool' on 4chins

Picture looks washed out, and I'm not fond of those style of speakers, but otherwise pretty nice. Cute ass pupper.
>7/10

>Memeboard
>CRT
>muh gaymen peripherals.
Get a better table and this might be a 6/10.

Pretty cozy, but there's no reason to have your speakers like that. You might as well just have one speaker.
8/10

Even as a poorfag, there are things you could do for free to improve the look of your station. Clean up, and buy a floor standing lamp.
>5/10

it's easier to clean and combat dust with proper cable management

that's not how stereo works but ok

pretty shit tier cabling but i will get around to changing it soon

>Muslim detected

Fuck off, sandnigger

how exactly does religion and dog training correlate?

My vintage 70s amp gave up the ghost so I'm probably going to thrift another. Until then no speakers :( maybe I can find some old Logitech PC speakers used.

I repair 70s Hi-Fi equipment as a hobby. Just check the main fuse and the caps. 90% sure it would just be one of those that went bad.

>Better than shit tier on board audio
>Hi-lo gain
>Volume control
>1/4" output
>Amp out for headphones and line out for powered monitors

It's just a nice all in one package. It's definitely not the cleanest signal but, like I said, I'm a normie.

In order for stereo to work there needs to be stereo separation. As pictured, it's the equivalent of having one speaker that's just playing both left and right.

I say it's for typing, but as long as you get used to the awesome control button location, you can pretty much use it for whatever.

>.t first year college student
ok thank you

Sounds pretty good, yeah.

How goes it Sup Forums

great thanks, and yourself?

Ape escape?

Not mine, saved from one of previous threads. What speaker stands are these?

what's the steel bottle?

i believe those are jbl lsr305s

nice mug
>cat
>counter top meme
pink
about as comfy as mine
>win10
comfy af
please let it be b8
toys
i dont like it but i dont hate it
nice mug
>wood desk
>no coaster
stress.png

as for me i have some wall art being framed and removing the foam
also want to get some neon and remove the LED stripping
like i was thinking of getting a second hand beer sign, or a japanese ramen sign in neon

I mean things these JBL speakers are standing on.

what monitor is that?

right wallpaper?

Battlestation and bedstation

You're one of my favorites here. Not because lots of anime stuff (i like anime, but i think it's too much), but your colors, it's the best combination. Still need some work with cables anyway
Well... Nice mouse
Cables... Too many cables
I think you need more white on your peripherals. They're too red, even your pc isn't so much red
Great monitors position
Awesome setup. What's your speakers' stand btw?

do I fit in here