Alienware

I'm getting an alienware 15 is the GTX1060 or 1070 a better value? it's 300 more.

nice bait

>cringeware

wow that bottom bezel... courageous!

i thought it was shooped tb.h

hahhahaha
disgusting

I'm not trolling. I know it's "wrong" but instead of buying a pc + monitor + a separate laptop for web browsing on the couch I want one laptop to do everything. I went to the store and touched them all and this one felt the sturdiest. The Asus and MSI(bad trackpad though) both felt solid too but the alienware a little better and I want it to last a long time. I don't have much knowledge so I'm open to suggestions!

install gentoo

you dont need a gaming laptop™ for that i think

but I want to be able to run the new computer games and for it to last a few years before obsolescence

if you would get a normal desktop pc you could just upgrade it easily every few years

and if you get a gaming laptop its going to be pretty chunky and its not portable at all

besides that gaming on a laptop screen probably isnt fun too and the keyboard is nothing compared to a mechanical one

>few years
had a model 5 years ago. it was getting bad after 2nd year with me maintaining it quite well. don't expect lifetime

I just looked up some i7-7700 + 1070 builds and it is not that much cheaper, all these gaming laptops are upgradeable too. I don't care about portability I just want to carry it around my house with me.
My old laptop lasted 5 years but it got pretty hot that's why I want the big ugly one that will hopefully stay cool.

I knew there would be people against it but I didn't think the idea was totally absurd or anything.

get a Laptop with HQ processor and Thunderbolt, then add an external GPU case and you get a way better overall product.
Powerfull when you need it, portable when you don't.

thats not compareable
a desktop cpu and gpu is about 30% better i think
(not sure about the exact percentage but its better sure)

Configured with i7-7700HQ, 1060 6gb, 16gb ram, 1tb hd+256gb ssd is $1600 do you think it's worth it?

So much wasted space... terrible design.

this image says it all

Buy a gun for 300$ and an hero, that would be worth it

I have over 70 firearms

I am impressed you didn't accidentally killed yourself with them

Here is a fucking gold star

haha why? I have always followed the fundamental rules of safe gun handling.

who the fuck needs 70 guns

>alienware

that shit is too funny. it's also worse than the thinkpad meme

Those bezels are atrocious. At least get a 13 inch, thathas an OLED creen if I remember correctly.

idk they were mostly dad's but he died, I need hillary to win next time so there's another gun panic

>who the fuck needs 16gb of RAM, I mean your computer works fine with 8gb! Only the government should have access to better computers because they are more organized and will always work in our best interests
Book of rights, not book of needs motherfucker. Read it someday

Half-assed serious reply here. What is the most demanding game you intend to run? Ideally the newest game that is also the most expensive to avoid naming dumb shit like the *newest indie game that a toaster can run*.

Do you play Overwatch? Or DOOM by Bethesda? Or GTA V? Fucking even Shadow of Mordor? (next thing you know OP says some dumb troll shit like Ashes of the Singularity)

DOOM for sure, Witcher 3, PUBG which I think has trouble on some computers, I don't know what are the latest hardware intensive games it's been years since I followed games and I want to check things out.

You could save hundreds of bucks now and reduce future costs by simply buying decent enough laptop and a stationary PC from which you stream whatever you want to play. Even the garbage tier APs companies peddle to the consumer market should work fine for those purposes.

guys who shoot up carnivals

SHALL.NOT.BE.INFRINGED

thanks thomas jefferson for enshrining our right to hunt 70 deer/insist we're gonna be attacked by 70 people in target at once

Steven Paddock