*blocks your path*

What'ss the best phone of all time and why is it the Blackberry Passport

It's not.

>the best phone of all time ... is the Blackberry Passport

>the best phone of all time is an unsupported device running a dead OS

>of all time

Fucking idiot. Is this seriously a technology board?

are you fucking retarded? this right here is the best phone of all time. iphones and android phones are -still- playing catchup with this entire experience

Tell me how you can fit that into your pocket

ever used blackberry 10? it's like if webOS actually worked in $CURRENT_YEAR
and don't let tell you any different

It would be extremely painful

the best phone of all time is the Nokia 3330 (not the new one), cuz it still works!

not for much longer, gsm providers that do 4G LTE are chomping at the bit to shut down 2G. the end of an era

i just stopped using a passport like year and you are completely wrong

when that time comes ill stop using phones

I'm currently using a passport and you are completely wrong.
see how easy it is

I miss WebOS.

Truly king of mobile operating systems.

I have the Pre 3 and Touchpad at home to remember it.

Wrong.

It doesn't say best current phone, dumbass. It's saying best phone ever, as in past or present. For the record though, the Passport's also the best phone currently, and likely will remain that way.

The same way I fit any other phone in my pocket, by putting it there.

Blackberry fucked up so hard. They had so many great designs, but then they skimped on hardware, and still wanted premium price. That and carrier exclusivity in the US really hurt them. The Passport is a fantastic device. Shame Blackberry management ensured its demise.

I think their biggest fuckup was advertising. Nobody knows BlackBerry still exists.

I wish it had more support and wasn't totally outdated

Everyone knows that blackberry exists, but no one really wanted to pay premium prices for low tier hardware.

No, everyone knows BlackBerry DID exist. Most don't know they're still around.

You're an idiot. Blackberry sells shitty specced phones that fall apart for apple-esque prices, because they thyink that they are still a premium product, but you think that they don't sell due to "lack of advertisements". People know that Blackberry exists, but people just don't understand why they still do.

All the time I have people either assuming my phone's ancient because it has a BlackBerry logo or shockingly going "BlackBerry's still a thing!?" I'm not saying nobody knows they're still around, but many certainly don't, you cunt.

Sh-should I get one for a primary device, fellas?

>All the time I have people either assuming my phone's ancient because it has a BlackBerry logo or shockingly going "BlackBerry's still a thing!?
Too daft to acknowledge bullying when it happens to you?

I love mine

Of course not, it simply wasn't bullying. Nice try though, dumbass.

fpbp
how could you say the best phone has a cucked keyboard, it's shit
Having a special aspect ratio doesn't make it good

For the longest time I ripped on the Passport because of its keyboard, turns out it's great.

No I love physical keyboards. It doesn't have all the keys though, no shift for example. If the classic weren't such a shit then that would be the king blackberry.

Is that blackberry? Holy shit I didn't even know that they still made blackberries.

I'm not saying I ripped on the Passport because it has a keyboard, I'm saying I ripped on it because of the keyboard it does have. Then I got one and found out losing the fourth row is worth gaining the keyboard trackpad.

I don't see what's so difficult for you to understand about this. Feel free to cool it with the autism any time now.

The priv seems better.

I guess

It's not

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

>Better keyboard
>Similar specs to most modern phones
>Cheap
>Good size, not too big or small

There's nothing wrong with it. Passport has no slide-out and a weird aspect ratio, plus it's fucking expensive.

Blackberry just needs more advertising... A few photoshoots, and everyone will forget that you can buy 4 chinkphones with better specs for the same price of a new blackberry. the only thing nthat separates apple from blackberry is a couple commercials, right?

The only pro the Priv has over the Passport is the extra keyboard row.
>Passport has no slide-out
Good.
>and a weird aspect ratio
Good.
>plus it's fucking expensive.
What? They're like $200 last I checked.

>ad absurdum
How cute.

and the fact that blackberry os is litterally broken on classic

would you like a phone that erased all data every time you power on? because I didn't

>doesnt have Oreo or treble support

its trash....

can you even unlock the bootloader and flash twrp?

>$200

Hmm...

>wanting to downgrade to Android
And no, the bootloader's locked.

I want one with a landscape keyboard, why did we stop doing thatt anyways?

I am kind of biased though because my first ever phone was an LG Xenon

Hmmm

Using the passport right now, I love it to death.

What is the best phone of all time, and why is it the vphone S8?

>How cute.
Nah you're just being delusional. Blackberry does have okay devices, but it's over shadowed by it's competitors. Instead of either making a truly premium phone they just crap out some weak specced device, and think that the "BB" brand would carry it. Advertising a shitty device only works if better options at cheaper prices aren't known to the the average consumer. In my opinion Blackberry would sell more if they appropriately priced their devices.

That's not from blackberry's Amazon, though, that's a resale.

>In my opinion Blackberry would sell more if they appropriately priced their devices
Of course lower prices would help, but people still aren't going to buy phones they don't know exist.

is that thing for real?

This.

Backlit keys, CTRL+ALT, numerical keys and symbols without going into a submenu, tactical feedback from button pressing, reduced latency, more secure, you can use it in humid or wet climates even if the screen is foggy, you can type without looking at the screen..

you can even operating it with gloves on in the winter!

not to mention it leaves your whole screen open for browsing/gaming/streaming without fingers in the way

tfw you can game without buggy on screen dpads

tfw you can play emulators like its a native handheld

>Of course lower prices would help, but people still aren't going to buy phones they don't know exist.
People know that blackberry exists, and the few that just find out chuckle once they see they price compared to what is available.

My firsthand experience says you're wrong.

Nokia N900

oh you can fuck right off.

>My firsthand experience says you're wrong.
I've seen commercials (and telivision show product placements) for bb10 devices, and people still didn't buy blackberry phones, so I guess you can keep being right while blackberry sales stay low. Pro blackberry people always say that it's a lack of advertisement, so BB upped the advertisements, and ended up selling to foxconn and they can't even sell those "premium" devices).

Guess they didn't do it enough because people still don't know they still exist.

There will be business studies or how Blackberry fucked it all up and became a nobody in the industry.

Poor leadership
Refused to listen to market demands
Very resistant to change

its amazing they managed not to go bankrupt

Autism. I think that you suffer from it.

Yes, I have one. 40 leaf bucks from goybest.

KEK

Like this.

I wouldn't doubt it, It'd be interesting to see them look into the downfall of such a juggernaut.

Nah

I have a Q10 and I love it. Is it worth upgrading to a passport?

>Nah
Definitely autism. Maybe you just don't know, because there isn't enough advertisements for autism.

I'm still mixed on which is truly better, the Q10's got an AMOLED screen, microHDMI, and a removable battery, the Passport's got the keyboard trackpad, the neat form factor and size, and more power. It just comes down to which features you value most.

Nah

You should buy a ulefone power 2. It has a decent screen, 4gb ram, 64 gb rom, and a 6000mah battery. Great specs for for any businessman who's out, and about all day. Price is about $150, so it doesn't even come close to breaking any budget.

I kinda like it. It would be cool to have on a keychain or something (as long as it has a screen protector and case)

My first smartphone was a Sidekick 4G. Keyboard setup was great and modern all-touch phones are still a pain to use after that

>why did we stop doing thatt anyways
Companies wanted to cut manufacturing costs, and people fell for the "media consumption device" marketing and gladly pay full price for lesser capability

No thanks, I'm not interested in downgrading.

It comes with a lanyard lol, actually fairly solid build. Battery is 320mAh and runs some version of nucleus os.

>No thanks, I'm not interested in downgrading.
It would be an upgrade if you're still on a blackberry.

Best post in a while

Not a homosexual so I have normal jeans unlike you apparently

Is that a blackberry? I didn't know that those still exist.

oWo what's this?

No, it'd be a major downgrade.

Nah. The Ulefone power 2 actually outclasses blackberry in every regard.

It has no keyboard and runs Android, it's a downgrade.

It's $150-180 shipped brand new, and is built better than a blackberry. Too bad that they don't advertise, because if they did advertise they would end up outselling blackberry even more than they currently do.

I don't give a rat's ass how much it costs to downgrade to that phone.

Better specs, and battery life is a downgrade?

When it runs Android and lacks a physical keyboard, certainly.

2017. You do know that bb10 is shit right? At least upgrade to sailfish,ios, or android.

>2017. You do know that bb10 is shit right?
I'm aware of the year and have to disagree, I've found BB10OS to be the best.
>At least upgrade to sailfish,ios, or android.
I haven't tried Sailfish but the other two would be downgrades, and to use any of the three I'd have to downgrade phones.

>has a blackberry
>considering anything else a downgrade
Blackberry is just like what betamax was in 2010

I only use my cellphone as a cellphone for the most part. For the few smartphone features I do use, mainly the hotspot and occasionally the browser, Android offers me nothing compared to BB10OS, and I like BB10OS's UI more, along with the Hub integration that's lacking on Android.

A passport SE.

You're a big guy

>I only use my cellphone as a cellphone for the most part.
Congrats. 100% of the cellphone industry caters to you.
>For the few smartphone features I do use, mainly the hotspot and occasionally the browser, Android offers me nothing compared to BB10OS,
Android has better browsers, hotspots are probably the same.
>and I like BB10OS's UI more, along with the Hub integration that's lacking on Android.
Get a theme brainlet. Everything you like about bb10 is available elsewhere.
The things that you enjoy about bb10 is standard, available, or better on other cheaper devices. Personally I'm not trying to sell you on other nonblackberry devices, but I also know that blackberry also has nothing to offer for it's price. It's not even a financial issue, because I can afford to purchase a blackberry device. It's just I don't see the point when almost everything else is better at every price point.

People who use them coincidentally wear size 40"+ pants, so there's plenty of pocket space

there is literally nothing a blackberry does "as a business phone" than any competitor. you're just paying for a premo meme. it's literally a smart phone that does less.

Have been kinda considering getting a blackberry, because of the keyboard mostly. Any other advantages to owning a Passport over an android?

>Congrats. 100% of the cellphone industry caters to you.
No, 99.99% of the cellphone industry only makes phones with touchscreen keyboards.
>Android has better browsers
I've used Android browsers, I prefer the stock BB10OS browser
>Get a theme brainlet. Everything you like about bb10 is available elsewhere.
Why the hell would I bother trying to make Android work like BB10OS when BB10OS already fucking does?

30"

I've stated repeatedly multiple reasons why I prefer BlackBerries to other phones.
>you're just paying for a premo meme.
Oh no, I spent $210 on a phone that I fucking love.
>it's literally a smart phone that does less
It does everything that I need and more, I don't give a flying fuck about any other features.

Not to mention that I can run Android browsers on BB10OS. Hell, I have the Play Store.

>I prefer the stock BB10OS browser
That piece of shit can't even render anything properly. What in the literal fuck is wrong with you?
Download firefucks, chromenet, opera, or whatever the fuck.
>Why the hell would I bother trying to make Android work like BB10OS when BB10OS already fucking does?
BB10 just wergs. Bullshit I've had bb10 phones. They are nice for a week, and then the reality sets in when you realize that it's a piece of shit.

..for you

>has blackberry and the play store
Meanwhile I have android without the play store. Just a little ironic.

>It does everything that I need
good
>and more,
don't lie to us
> I don't give a flying fuck about any other features.
good, because you don't have access to any of them.