Do you have non-free software on your device?

Do you have non-free software on your device?

I don't. I'm a superior being.

sudo apt install vrms
vrms

Post results.

Other urls found in this thread:

opencores.org/
olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/open-source-hardware
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how do i get this in windows

install gentoo

Funny.

>Trying to impress people on an anonymous website

>or contrib packages
For some fucking reason, Debian put their tor browser launcher in contrib. Why is that?

Lol, not trying to "impress" anyone, faggot.

I would like an answer to this question too

sudo apt-get

Might have to do with logo licensing? I know firefox used to be rebranded to iceweasel because of their logo license.

reeeeeeeeeee

>Green terminal
faggot numale copying the matrix

vrms
Non-free packages installed on ci20

ci20-firmware-bluetooth Firmware for IW8103 Bluetooth on the MIPS Creator Ci20
ci20-firmware-wifi Firmware for IW8103 Wi-Fi on the MIPS Creator Ci20
ci20-pulseaudio-config Configuration for PulseAudio on the MIPS Creator Ci20

3 non-free packages, 0.2% of 1318 installed packages.

linux subsystem for windows
post results

>copying the matrix
so fucking what, faggot, it looks cool. also, i've changed the colors to green/black since I was young af, so anything else looks and feel weird.

It also shows you're a faggot cuck who copies movies to look cool when normalfags do it also.

>to look cool
bruh, i don't talk to people afk. the only person that sees my terminal is: me.

quite your whining.

How do you get that rms approved status? I'm on Debian Jessie.

wut

Is your BIOS free software?

yes.

3 non-free packages, 0.2% of 1897 installed packages.
1 contrib packages, 0.1% of 1897 installed packages.

Okay.

>when all of the actually non-free packages are just fonts
Close enough.

You know it, baby

>using botnet fonts

How am I supposed to be sure my Mac is free of non-free software?!?

your wallpaper looks like you overclocked your video card too much

This is bait

I have quite a bit of nonfree software on my machine because I do more with it than jack off to Chinese cartoons.

And what do you do, that I can't do?

Lots of it.
>bbut Stallman will be angry
Why do I have to listen to what a communist jew thinks I should run on *my* computer?

katanga$ sudo apt install vrms; vrms
sudo: not found
vrms: not found
katanga$
hope I could help OP

because he's right.

He's right that only software he personally approves should be allowed to run on anyone's computer?
What gave him that authority - he's not even held a job before...

The fat jew can cry in a corner, I'm going to keep using whatever the fuck I want.

It's a joke, user.

What about for all the other hardware in your machine? That would be no.

He's right that you shouldn't give up your freedoms and allow companies to collect your data. Free software doesn't do that.

wrong.

Prove it.

Unless you're using completely open hardware, it is impossible for you to have a complete open system. Firmware blobs exist for just about everything in a machine, right down to the hard drives or battery controllers in laptops. Unless you've replaced all that with open source alternatives, you are not truly free.

So I should 'give up my freedoms' to a slovenly 60 year old man instead?
If I'm not free to use whatever software I want but must use a specially curated selection chosen by some oligarch - how is that different from actual communist oppression?

I'm going to keep choose to use whatever the fuck I want to use and ignore dickheads who think they can tell me what I can and can't use.

no.

u mad you're being cucked and using non-free software/hardware, pleb?

Wrong

>no.
Because you can't. And it's impossible. You are using non-free firmware.

It's not impossible, user.

>it's impossible. You are using non-free firmware.
No it's not. My next computer is going to be 100% free

A lamer Ubuntu-using script kiddie corporate shill professor was teaching a class on Mark Shuttleworth, known corporate spy and Linux ’programmer’.

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Shuttleworth and accept that he was the most highly-evolved programmer the world has ever known, even greater than Richard Stallman!”

At this moment, a brave, i3-using, bash scripting Poweruser who had over 1500 vertically-segmented Terminator windows and understood the necessity of systemd and fully supported all design decisions made by the Arch developers stood up and held up his sister’s netbook.

”What’s this computer doing, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite graphically and smugly replied “It’s clearly using apt-get to update Ubuntu with all the latest software.”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since these packages were released. If it was actually installing the latest and best software, as you say… then it should be running Arch by now.”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his Ubuntu phone and list of Amazon referral links. He stormed out of the room crying those shill corporate bloatware tears. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, Robbie Williamson, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a GNOME Unity user. He wished so much that he had a some privacy to shield himself from embarrassment, but he himself had sent his search history to Canonical’s servers!

The students applauded and all installed Arch that day and accepted Aaron Griffin as their lord and savior. An eagle named “linux-ck” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalkboard. The ArchWiki was read several times, and Judd Vinet himself showed up and enacted a rolling release system across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. His system experienced kernel panic and he was forced to reinstall Windows for all eternity.

Which will be?

is right. Every x86 CPU contains undocumented proprietary microcode and a botnet management interface that can't be removed without risky hacks. I highly doubt you're using an ancient Intel CPU or an ARM/MIPS/PowerPC system

Your next computer maybe. But right now, you're not using a 100% open source machine. You have hardware that is using closed firmware blobs. It's that simple. There are no 100% free machines on the market. Good luck finding a wireless device with open firmware.

Updating trueos-base repository catalogue...
trueos-base repository is up to date.
Updating trueos-major repository catalogue...
trueos-major repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg-static: No packages available to install matching 'vrms' have been found in the repositories

M i n i f r e e

Lemote LX 6103 with an 8-core Loongson 3B CPU.

I never claimed otherwise.
>There are no 100% free machines on the market.
You seem to be assuming my next computer hasn't come out yet. It's out, and there are other equally free models. I just haven't bought it yet.
>Good luck finding a wireless device with open firmware.
Why would I need Wi-Fi on my desktop? Besides, I'd just get any Wi-Fi card. I'm not a freetard.

opencores.org/

olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/open-source-hardware

HAHAHAHAHA if you think those are 100% open with all the firmware replaced with open alternatives, you're a fucking spastic.

my gentoo is free
ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FREE"

not related but is true os worth trying out? the only bsd I ever used was freebsd

No. It's freebsd with a shit desktop.

all important firmware is replaced.
ie; the firmware that could be used to track; the firmware that has more than a few lines of code to make a little piece of hardware work.

I don't use minifree btw

ah. alright

Why do you care about stallman so much? there are so many more free software advocates and many of them dislike stallman as well. You can be someone who only uses free software without giving two shits about stallman.

>HAHAHAHAHA

Have they replaced the firmware on the battery controller that's used for SBS? No. So it's not 100% free. Simple.

It's just PC BSD under a new name. I just grabbed it because I wanted something easy to install that worked well with Nvidia cards. It's like Ubuntu with FreeBSD being debian.

I tried to please rms as best as I could

:(

>Free software doesn't do that.
Sup Forums

'tis truth.

Please find a credible description of "free software" that defines it as software that doesn't collect your data.

kek

he would've been happy if you didn't install the firmware-linux-nonfree package

>mfw your operating system has license enforcement DRM in it
>mfw i have no face for how stupid this is

This is pretty cool, thanks for sharing. All I have are my wireless drivers.
dank@devuan:~$ vrms
Non-free packages installed on devuan

firmware-iwlwifi Binary firmware for Intel Wireless cards

1 non-free packages, 0.1% of 1829 installed packages.

>firmware-iwlwifi
lol
cuck

Freedom is a spectrum. You should be familiar with those.

I want to smell that anime girl's butt

>all important firmware is replaced.
who the fuck cares about that

That's got fuck all to do with it. The claim was he had non-free software on his device. That is a lie.

>Please find a credible description of "free software" that defines it as software that doesn't collect your data.
It isn't a requirement, but in practice it doesn't unless you want it to.

Autists and freetards, user. But I repeat myself.

Am I really that fucked?

I think you meant hardware? retard.

you might be

Not true. Most software included in a normal linux distro nowadays collects a ton of anonymous info, and this has nothing to do with it being "free software".

>Most software included in a normal linux distro nowadays collects a ton of anonymous info
name 1 (one) example that's not a web browser

Not him, but Debian's popularity-contest package.

I know Firefox and VLC do, but I can't think of any others.

>Most software included in a normal linux distro nowadays collects a ton of anonymous info,

Ubuntu tried that shit. But they turned the collection of data off by default because of the backlash.

You have no idea what you're talking about

read this post again , that is if you can read

GNOME and KDE and their subsequent utilities all collect data. Most music players. VLC.

Nope, that was different. They were collecting search data via the Unity scope, not general usage data.

>GNOME and KDE and their subsequent utilities all collect data. Most music players
you ass is not a credible source nigger

you can disable all telemetry in KDE and it's clear whether or not it is performed

Prove me wrong. You can't, just like you can't back up your flawed definition of free software that you obviously learned through Sup Forums memes.

Exactly, it collects data. This discussion is not whether or not you can disable it.

You're the one that brought this up. The burden of proof is on you.

The fuck gcc docs are non-free

I don't have GNOME installed anymore, and I'm not installing that bloatware just to prove some idiot wrong. Go through the settings and you can see for yourself. I did not bring anything up, I just provided examples.