Japanese Thread / 日本語スレッド

This thread is for the discussion of the language, culture, travel, dairy life, etc. of Japan.
Let's tark at randam in Japanese and English. Take it easy!

#Previous Thread ---Useful Links---

過去ログ
>desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/日本語スレッド/
Real Kana
>realkana.com/
How to Learn Japanese
>docs.google.com/document/d/1jrMXTVapkGlYSyQDwppETbz52ltcknJITQ7ll6bH8QM/edit?pli=1#
100 most common Japanese words
>docs.google.com/document/d/1GK7W2AwWsQr5VvgDYRMKSrhTJhDSkB5_jlaVGJks-Hc/pub

次スレを立てる前に必ずスレ立て宣言をして下さい。次スレリンクも忘れずに。
Please declare before making a new thread, and put the next link.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uYBtZh6cwRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

イギリス人が死なきゃならない

同感です

come my way

イギリス人に死を

The Fukushima sandals festival.

One of the weirdest festivals in Japan.

so what do they celebrate?

Waraji, aka Japanese sandal. I don't know why they do this.

>sandal festival
so they celebrate a god that is believed to stay in sandals? Does it mean we step the god every steps?

the thread suddenly went dead.

Do you have plans for summer vacation?

i went to japan
school starts in a month

No. My job doesn't allow me to take a vacation.
Shitty working environment.

Exchange student? which region are you in?

what no
i already went to japan
i study in oranda

I'm sorry. damn that sucks....

Oh I misunderstood. Netherlands summer vacation starts earlier than Japan, I guess?

lol. modern slavery. gg japan, nice worker protection laws you have there.
zitto animale

日本人の留学生はどこに行くの
見た事がないと思う, たぶん大学に居たアジア人は全員中国人だった

おっとこれはこれは
じっとアニメ見る時間のようです。失礼します。

身の程知らずには後悔とか限界とかないよ

俺が君の動画を全部ぼくのぴこに交換しておいたよ
うれしいだろう?

Don't go anywhere
Please stay with me

神よ
イギリスに正義の裁きを与えたまえ

俺は行ったことがないし知り合いに留学した人もいないからわからないや
でもMünchenは多分人気だと思う

力なき正義は無能なり
正義なき力もまた無能なり
by極真 大山総裁

感謝するけど俺は翔太ショタよりロリが好きだよ。

冗談だった。俺が君の側にいる。ずっと・・・

>by極真 大山総裁
経歴詐称してるわ重婚してるわでむちゃくちゃな人物じゃないか

大山倍達(ペダル)

もう朝鮮人空手ってバレてるから日本人は寄り付かなくなってる

>翔太
糞、遅かった。

芸能界とスポーツ界は朝鮮人まみれだから今更のような気も

演劇やヒップホップにも多い
ある意味彼らの文化とも言えるかも

>朝鮮人まみれ
野球なんかどうかしてる
金田とか張本とか金本とか

Do you feel that popularity of anime among people in your country has been decreased?

I think so, but there are barely any good anime anymore so it's not surprising

正直、ポルトガルではアニメに興味のはほとんどない。

Your opinion is exactly what I'm thinking. I agree with you.

ポルトガル人 staying in the US?

はい、バケイションだよ。

When I write something in English, I always translate Japanese into English in my brain. That's why, my English sentence sounds all odd to the native speakers because a sentence structure of my English has Japanese sentence structure.
Here is my question for people who can read Japanese.
When you see English sentences written by non-natives, but you don't know the writer's nationality, can you notice if the sentence is written by Japanese or not?

I mean... if there were no Japanese flag on this post, can you notice if I'm Japanese?

youtube.com/watch?v=uYBtZh6cwRs

俺の大学(ロチェスター工科大学)は、金沢工業大学と共に交換留学に関する協定を結んでいる。毎年、8月から12月まで(つまり、アメリカの前期)金沢の留学生がニューヨーク州に留学して、6月から8月まで(つまり、日本の後期の最後の6週間)アメリカの留学生が金沢に留学する。日本人の留学生にとって長期プログラムだけど、アメリカの留学生にとって反対、短期だよ

イタリアではまどかやとらドラ、あの花なんかを地上波でやってたけどね

>can you notice if the sentence is written by Japanese or not?
Yes.
Usually by the sentence structure or choioce of words

ロリ博士に聞いたけど、全話放送されずに中途半端に終わったらしいな
一体何がしたかったんだろう・・・

Which part from my sentence makes you notice I'm Japanese for example? Can you point it out?

Rila poster on suicide watch

>I mean... if there were no Japanese flag on this post, can you notice if I'm Japanese?
in your case I might have chosen something else, but your comment has an "asian" feeling to it

japanese sentences often trey to build english sentences as if english had some topic marker so they tend to look pretty weird at times

I sure hope so

no im not im watching commando

>That's why, my English sentence sounds all odd to the native speakers because a sentence structure of my English has Japanese sentence structure.
Should have been
That's why my English sentences sound all odd to native speakers, because my English sentence structure has Japanese sentence structure

Why?
What's happened?

>japanese sentences often trey to build english sentences as if english had some topic marker so they tend to look pretty weird at times
interesting.
In English (or western languages?), objects can be a subject, and these sentences are considered natural in most cases. On the other hand, in Japanese, it gives an odd feel if you make objects a sentence topic in most cases even if they are grammatically correct. Do you agree on this?

タオリラ帰れ

Thanks for the correction.
My question is... when I post the sentence corrected by you, can you notice that the sentence is written by Japanese, because it has Japanese sentence structure?

起きるやで

おはよ

Rila threads get ignored

>you accidentally enter a time warp
>you either go back in time to Shanghai or Hong Kong in 1937
>you hear the doomsday siren going off
>a voice on the radio comes on, yelling "THE JAPANESE ARE INVADING. I REPEAT: THE JAPANESE ARE INVADING!"

wat do

yes, every country i know has earlier summer holidays than japan
it's the way you use articles and create clauses buddy
its hella unnatural because your language doesnt have them the same way we do
not even
>That's why my English sentences sound all odd to native speakers, because the sentence structure of my English is Japanese.
I wouldn't even say it is Japanese, but that it's very Japanese, so as to not equate the two fully. Then again, it comes down to what exactly you want to say and I can't really speak for you. I think this is what you meant though.
I want an Aocchi too.

Yeah
It's a combination of sentence structure, choice of words, and, typical Japanese character.

Worshipping Rila is what heretics do.

why is peru in there
he's too busy reading books to care about rila threads

Ohio lads
I'm hungry

Okay. I want to write sentences in natural English, but it looks very hard for me due to the reason you explained.

> typical Japanese character.
? What do you mean by this?

コンビニに行ってトイレの写真を撮ってください

I shall revel in the madness and delectation of what it means to be a heretic and all that it brings

Without Rila, these thread are nothing.

今日はそのうちコンビニに行くよ

> typical Japanese character.
Humour.
Most of you can't detect sarcasm
Japs are easily angered ... and so on and so forth

You should just read a lot of English books to get a hang of how to phrase stuff in general. You seem to be pretty good at English, just not very productive.
That and practice. I'm sure talking to us right now and having to write your own sentences is helping you a bit as well.

僕が書いたことは確かに日本人におかしく聞こえると思う

Haha, yes, the sarcasm. Do you guys not do sarcasm?

if you have some understanding of basic grammar, just focus on reading native english and memorizing native sentences. use anki or something, put in native english text, and review the sentences by repetition.

You seriously start grossing me out
Maybe TaoRila planted some micromachines on your brain. that's why you act up.
They are just unusual looking girls, that's it. you are completely out of mind.

嫌がるものを押しつけるほど若くはないけれど

トイレの写真は待ち遠しい

行かないよ
それより腹減った

朝やで
日本人は起きるやで

コンビニに行けって

コンビニ弁当は体に悪そうだ

>tells the japanese army Im an secret agent from the peruvian goverment
>tell the japanese that Peru wants to support japan in the war by letting them invade peru and from there attack america
>tell this lie until they let me meet high ranked officers
>gain the trust of the japs
>kill them in the night
>kill the emperor and rape her daughter in both holes without condom
>escape

I agree. That can be one of the hints detecting if a writer is Japanese.

Thanks. I have been here for 1 years already, but it looks like my English improvement has been stopped...

>僕が書いたことは確かに日本人におかしく聞こえると思う
Your Japanese is enough natural to me by the way.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep seeing your posts here.
I always feel westerners have a difference sense when you think and post something.
It's like... when you write sentences in English, you always select a different subject from me.
For instance, when I write "A do B", but you natives write "B is done by A" something like that, that is more natural than my sentence of course.

幕の内弁当にすればいい

>wat do
Drive over to Qingdao / Tsingtao and have a beer, since they arent our enimes (yet)

Join us
A whole new world will be revealed
You'll see and feel things — ineffable things — you never knew existed.
You'll transcend all limits gratuitously imposed on us by contemporary conventions
You'll never know what it is to be truly free if you never desist abiding by silly rules

Find a Rila image, save it, and, post it here.

I gotchu senpai

no kiss これじゃ息が切れる

>悪そう
>そう

やでやでやでやでやで
とてもヘルシーだわ
いざ、僕たちのためにトイレの写真撮りに行きなさい

どうして日本語で英語みたいにすごく長い文を書けるようになれる?
(辞書も使ってるから)
日本人の文と比べて僕の文はいつも短く見えると思う
僕の日本語の文は絶対に僕の英語の文より短く見える

>Thanks. I have been here for 1 year already, but it looks like my English improvement has stopped...

People use passive forms when they want to highlight the patient rather than the agent.
If it's more important that Bill died than that John killed him, we'd rather say that Bill was killed by John instead of that John killed Bill, because then the focus is on the wrong person. We don't care that it was John, thatt's just a detail.

Something like that at least. Just go read some English books. Have you read The Picture of Dorian Gray? I read it again on the way back from Japan to Holland, that's why I'm mentioning it. lmao

Life is a board game without definite square

This pleases the Rila

Life is a shitty MMO with perma death

looks like a square to me (actually a rectangle but whatever)

>he wants a shitty MMO to not have perma-death

おまえは本当にその女を抱きたいのか?

>he

Is Harajuku really as pleasant to visit/shop at as everyone says? I'm really hyped to go there in the future.

jsyk, rila > tao

はい

girls don't exist on the internet

good lad