Thoughts on Wileyfox?

How are they so cheap? Their specs are similar or better than the oneplus yet the price is much lower.

According to their wikipedia article:
>The company claims that by having a smaller workforce and with no legacy devices to support, they're able to sell Wileyfox devices for lower prices.

I don't believe that's the whole truth. Not having legacy to support shouldn't be able to reduce prices by that much otherwise other companies would've adopted the same model.

Also I find it a bit strange that I can find so few legit reviews on youtube of their phones. There's only a handful of them which seem to come from paid shills saying the same scripted lines.

If it's too good to be true...

If you don't like it, return it.
Thanfully it's 2017 and you got buyer protection from several fronts, credit card, store, paypal, etetc, or even a no questions asked 10-30 day return.

That's my concern too. Not enough legit reviews out there and I don't personally know anyone who owns one. I bet it falls apart real quickly or has some major flaw which you won't realize until you buy one.

That's nice, but I live in America

I had a wileyfox switft. Took ages to boot, and once it had it was kinda slow.
Their specs might have improved
Also the build was shit. A few months into owning it the power button had lost it's clicky-ness and a few months after that the headphone jack broke completely.
They're not terrible phones for the price, but you get what you pay for.

Have you tried cleaning the headphone jack? Sometimes it just fills with dust.
I also tought that my LG G2 had a broken jack but then I cleaned it and it was like new.

>Their specs are similar or better than the oneplus
Fucking what? That's not the case AT ALL. Even the 3T, which is the old model, runs circles around the latest Wileyfox Swift 2.

Yeah, Wileyfox look like great mid range and budget phones. No, they don't have better specs than they have. Why the fuck do people feel the need to lie about this shit?

Looking at their specs it seems they're only offering mid range devices. The price range seems to be $200 to $300, or thats about what they were new last year. Theres nothing out of the ordinary about that, dozens of other makers sell mid range devices in that same price range.

I did, I've had two phones since then. Trust me it was definitely dead.
After that I had a second had nex5 that lived for a good while, but because it was old the battery was extremely dead. I could have replaced it, but I just ended up upgrading to an s7 fairly recently.

Even though the nex5 was released quite a bit before the WFs it performed about twice as well. Would probably still be using it if I'd bothered to replace the battery.

The only good thing about the WF Swift was that it was very easy to change the ROM. That being said, it was just as easy on the nex5.

>similar specs
>highest-end wileyfox has a snapdragon 430
lolwut

How are wileyfox phones to good to be true? There are plenty of other phones like the Moto G5 which have similar specs for a the same price

t. Wileyfox swift owner

I think OP might have been fooled by marketing words and was lead to believe the phone had a high end SoC because
>muh octa cores
>muh 64bit

>t. Wileyfox swift owner
What made you chose WF over Moto G%?

Had two, returned two. Both broken. Changed CM to Nougat without warning and no security updates [ to CM ] if you don't want Google. Customer services verge on abusive. Back to Cubot... avoid Wileyfox, others do it better and cheaper.

>mid range
>$200 to $300
>nothing out of the ordinary

/thread

>Changed CM to Nougat without warning
That's not their fault though.
>Cyanogen OS was forked and born again as an open source project, Lineage OS, in December last year. The story isn’t over. >Phone makers found that even with a forked Android based on the “open” AOSP code base, it was hard to get a functional phone without Google’s proprietary software.

I've been using a swift for nearly 2 years now. Still does the job for me. Running the latest stock android and it's plenty fast for basic stuff like shitposting and taking a picture once in a while.
I'm pretty satisfied with it since I got it for only €150. I don't use a case, just the factory screen protector. Dropped it a few times and it's still fine. Only the backlight has become a little uneven since my dog stepped right on the screen with her full weight.

>430 for that price

a fucking XiaoMeme Redmi 4X with 435 only costs 100$ ffs

Cyanogenmod support (back then). It still has official lineageos support, which is really nice. Only problem which this device is that the microusb port will break within a year

if it costs more than $200 it's not worth it

The swift 1 was their first attempt. It wasn't great.

I'm posting from a swift 2X, and this is the best budget phone in existence. Nothing else has SD slot, NFC, usb-c and fastcharge. I gather the camera is not that great, but I use a real camera for anything serious anyway. All in all, it's a fantastic device this time round.

No NFC in G5

Any good lineageos roms? Want my phone completely google botnet free

Wileyfox phones are rebrands of smartphones designed for the indian and chinese markets.

Western goy dont get sold these phones as a rule as they want to make sure you buy the more expensive ones.

Same, have had the Swift for two years now, can confirm it's a phone.
>cons
It's slow, battery is shit and the power button is a whole new kind of workout for my thumb to push.
>pros
Was cheap, can drop it without fear, can shitpost, call and message with.

Are there any diagrams showing the market range of android phones? I have a hard time distinguishing middle from low range phones. Even the top range is confusing. As far as I know only The Samsung Galaxy is currently at the top range? And I'm talking about the mass market not those very high end bespoke phones that cost thousands.

Swift 1 user here. Using lineageOS + microG on 7.1.2, shit's great.

Ugly as hell and the specs don't look like they're any better than xiaomemes, might as well get that instead..
How much did you get paid to make this post?

it looks so OPO

Don't forget iPhones. LG G6 I guess is flagship; HTC and Sony are basically dead

Still waiting on the next king-tier and value phone.

Pic related is obviously still at the top.

Didn't sony release the new xperia a few months ago? They're going strong.

holy shit these phones look stellar and affordable as fuck. definitely switching to this shit if blackberry tanks.