>>62915582

>question mark in headline
Not watching that out of principle.
But nice if they're good.

>Shilltel
>relevant in current year

that's right shlomo, pick only one

'Ironically, it is in games that we are most disappointed. Intel announced strongly during the presentation to the press that its Core i7-8700K would be its best processor to game on. Its performance is excellent, but the gap with a 7700K is on average only 0.6%, the 7700K enjoying a higher frequency Ring / L3 500 MHz which helps in games and some Intel sensitive applications.

Compared to Ryzen (and for reasons similar but different to the Skylake-X), there is not too much debate, this range has the advantage in games using the 6C models and up which in practice are 'better than the Ryzen 7 1800X. Frequency retains an important role and Skylake's formula continues to work perfectly for this type of application.

It should be remembered however that our use case in games is to show you titles where the CPU makes the difference by getting the most out of a high-end graphics card (GTX 1080Ti/RX Vega 64) which only a few people own. For the majority of users (GTX 1080 and below) the level of performance provided by most recent processors (whether Ryzen or Skylake-X) is quite acceptable, in the most CPU-intensive games, the 7700K and 8700K draw the maximum out of a very fast graphics card (GTX 1080Ti/RX Vega 64).'

Enjoy that extra few hundred dollar cost on a new GPU plebs.

I've read once that questions as article titles are in overwhelming majority of cases answeres "no".

Except this one.

Wow, gimp the 8400 with a stock cooler and slow ram and it still beats ryzen in games

Certainly puts the (((AdoredTV))) speculation to bed.

This reviewer hinted at it, saying if the 8400 can reach full turbo on cheaper boards its a better deal. Which obvious the 1.222v cpu will work on it like normal. What is crazy is how litte people trust intel to the point that large groups just start beleiving made up shit. Intel needs to fix their image

>Which obvious the 1.222v cpu will work on it like normal

My 8400 sits at

1.222 is the absolute max regulated by the chip. If it doesnt need it then thats good

nice lisp bro

>No clock rates shown on 8700K
>Hiding the fact it is overclocked on MCE
Nice

did he really do it tho?

Enjoy your 1080p gaming...forever.

The future is 1440p upwards and here Coffee Lake hardly matters.

>THANK YOU BASED INTEL

You welcome

thats an old journalism adage but unfortunately professional journalism doesnt really exist anymore, especially on the internet

>video compares Poozen overclocked versus Intel stock
>AMDunces still ranting about conspiracies against them

Why must the clock battery be in the most inconvenient spot possible. Why can't it be near the SATA ports near the bottom right, or attached to the back of the rear IO like it is on some mini ITX boards. Removing the graphics card to swap out the battery seems like a pain. You only have to do it once a decade, but still. There are better locations for it.

8400 can't be overclocked juden

And it STILL beats every Ryzen chip for gaming. Intel are so far ahead that it's embarrassing...

CNN pidgin lmao

0.6% ahead to be certain

>yes, the housefires are quite embarrassing

oh, wait...

In your dreams.

It is indeed quite embarrassing that a stock four core Ryzen CPU, running at a lower clock speed, uses more power than the 8400.

wow so much faster!

>8400 OC

Faster, cheaper, less power draw. For gaming of course and adobe premeir. 8400 sucks at everything else

>cheaper
not with that $200 motherboard

>1080Ti
>1080p Gaymin

You can overclock the uncore (cache) on Z370 boards. Intel only locks the frequency multiplier and BCLK multiplier.

Mine was 120

You have to compare it to making an i3 out of an i7 by disabling cores. The current AMD quads I presume will disappear with Pinnacle Ridge.

doesnt matter for benchmarks
just needs to be standardized

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

It's nice when the GPU bottleneck and removed and you can see the CPU overhead. If I'm spending this much on a CPU I definitely never want to see my fps drop below my monitors refresh rate.

Multicore enhancement in some motherboards is pretty much overclocking.

enjoy your 720p gaming