/wt/ - Watch Thread

Poljot De Luxe and Poljot De Luxe homages edition

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Avyn6CmMA

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch Essentials 102: pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

watchshop.com/ladies-sekonda-rose-pearl-watch-4618-p99954503.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I get a Tudor, do I need to wear it with Faggy beads?

Swiss watches are overpriced memes. all you need is a quartz from china.

Above 34mm is not "massive". Again, good luck finding a men's watch sold today in that size.

>The beads strike again
Don't worry user, I don't wear beads at all anymore. In regards to what you said about Alphas - I agree (to a degree, anyway.) They used to be WAY cheaper than they currently are. Last time I checked Explorer prices, they were fetching over $100, which is just fucking ridiculous in my books. Especially when they were sub-$60 not all that long ago. They're by no means *bad* watches, but they are overpriced as fuck as of late.

The bottom text looks so cheap. Ugly as fuck kerning

>when you don't actually want to tell the time

Where can I get a good quality butterfly clasp like in the picture? I'd like that specific style, not the ones that underfolds the strap. I was thinking about just something off aliexpress, unless anyone has some good experience of some brand.

Got panatime recommended, is it really worth wasting 30$ on these? other recommendations?

Post your ugliest watch /wt/.

Here's mine. The Titus Rainbow Pooinloo Edition. Couldn't resist buying it for a cool $3.00 on eBay. 0 regrets.
Considering it cost me about $70, I can't bring myself to complain for what I paid for it. Keeps time well enough, and does its job as a shitter. No complaints really.

I love this. I shouldn't but I do.

My current collection btw

where did you get the strap for the omega?

How much did it set you back, user? I kinda' like it in a weird, perverted way.

It' a cheap one from my local shitty jeweller with the original Omega buckle. It's temporary whilst I decide on a new one. My last one was a burgandy snake skin but not sure it's very me.

It was about 1200USD

can someone recommend me a watch under 38mm?
i was looking for a hammilton but duno they are a bit expensive for me and everything else i saw was plastic trash

Is getting a nomos club a bad idea?

HEre you go, user: watchshop.com/ladies-sekonda-rose-pearl-watch-4618-p99954503.html

Not at all. Good brand if you like the style.

maybe when nomos wasn't shilled to oblivion yet and their prices were around $600-1000 like their actual value

for the $2000+ asking they are now look elsewhere

A horrible one.

no man wtf is this shit, m not a lady, i just like small watches and those {diamonds} are to much cliche. You can do better, try again

Maybe you should be more specific.

Just watching these around and wondering how the hell do people charge 30-50$ from these, when one can get this little stupid thing for 5$ from china? What makes it reasonable for someone charging 30$ for their version?

duno, putting
>mechanical 38mm
on google the only thing that appears are a bunch of hamilton watches, i don't hate them they look great but the only thing that fails is the price tag and the meme country made in thing.
Gime an alternative to those bastards or something like a dress watch but reduced in dimensions

Where are some other places I should look? I'm a wristlet and like the 10-20 bar water resistance with no diving bezel.

Seiko alpinist?

> dress watch but reduced in dimensions
got you

Very nice... Looks 1950 or early 60s

>another shitter thread

is there a market that Seiko doesnt cover?

At least it looks like a watch that is worth AT LEAST that. It's a nice looking watch.

Well-priced divers

dinner plates

Afraid not, user. The f8192 was released in 1970.

Thanks user

I hope you also dress like this.

>Explorer """homage"""
>Jubilee bracelet
What's with everyone suddenly wearing these shitter Explorers?

How much should it cost to have a non-coaxial speedmaster serviced?

By an independent? Assuming nothing is broken or needs to be replaced and it's just a cleaning and oiling, I'd say around 400-500 is a reasonable expectation.

I have my been able to find these on Ali or taobao, what do I search for?

The sooner they put one of those movements in a traditionally styled case, the sooner I'll have a new grail.

halp

>nomos
>around $600-1000 like their actual value
You aren't getting an in-house ultra-thin automatic movement adjusted in five positions like the DUW 3001 from anyone for $1,000.

>Is getting a nomos club a bad idea?
I'd only consider their new all in-house movements like the DUW 3001. Not cheap, but at least the DUW movement versions are horologically interesting.

You get what you pay for. I've had some of the $5-8 ones before buckling and spending on panatime clasps. The cheap ones are prone to the following:

-Bad pins, so it's jiggly or a little pressure will break the clasp

-Rough mechanism, either too easy or too hard to open.

-Wears down really quickly, we're talking 1 or 2 months before stuff starts to not fit right

-Poor finish. If it's brushed it looks like shit. if it's glossy it scratches too easily.

If I was putting it on a $50 shitter watch I wouldn't care about any of the above, but once you're spending $300+ on a watch you can't neglect the bracelet anymore.

FUCK

OFF

BACK

TO

REDDIT

WITH

THAT

SPACING

allright, thank you.

DHgate has them, possibly not even imitationa.

Impressive timepieces gentlemen, it makes me joyous to see how well refined my fellow watch enthusiasts tastes are. Pure class..
If only we could see a glimpse of what people outside our community wear, I bet it would make our timepieces stand out with class and taste even more!

it's easier to read, suck a dick

oh wait darn, panatime doesn't have 16mm butterfly deployant. Also live in EU so EU seller would be appreciated, any advice?

rare russ watch

>r/thedonald telling anyone to fuck off back

lmao. you leave you alt right newfag cancer.

>saved enough for a Subby
>went and look at it
>clerked showed me the 14060m subby and redhand explorer II
>subby is boring as fuck compared to the explorer II
Fuck the Explorer II is also 1.5 thousand dollars cheaper. Heck you can get one right now for $3k if you forgo the bracelet. I will probably pay the extra $500 for the one with the bracelet though. The E2 goes with way more strap options than the subby.

Haha. Sorry to disappoint you but they're all real I'm afraid.

I get unreasonably angry at the existence of the Explorer II.
Please just save up the extra 1k and buy a GMT Master you will be thankful you did. It's very similar except better in every aspect and is 100% worth the extra.
I promise I won't go full autistic rant and won't mention it again.

>Low test beta numale ledditor faggot telling anyone to leave

The only difference is a rotating bezel...

I like the idea, but actually seeing that shit move really freaks me out.

Prove it.

And it actually makes a huge difference to how useful it is. Again not going to go full autism just consider it. GMT Master is the same but better and worth the extra cash.

>acting this way when you're the biggest newfag edgy tourist cancer normie magnet board around

kys m8

You tell me how.

At least for the 1815 chrono (the one I'm most familiar with) I don't see anything off.

Post some shots of the Lange movements, they're gorgeous

Any smaller, cheaper watches that have this aesthetic that you guys can recommend?

you do realise that more traffic does not equate more shitposting right?

Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums are downright dead on certain times a day

Thanks user. Looks nice but not quite as classy. What I like most about the IWC is the gold numbering. Any more, oh wise one?

Only if you're used to reading

everything like this you

stupid fucking redditor

faggot

Sorry, best I could do. Only got my shit phone camera to hand.

please dont buy junkers. Theyre a bad brand and itll fall apart. buy a vintage zenith/omega or a junghans. what do you think of pic related

I just remembered seeing a similar watch last thread sorry

not him but I'm always a little torn between le reddit spacing and a single blog of text. """reddit""" spacing is how I write notes and reports IRL so for me it's familiar and easy for me to read.

>Watch collection worth thousands upon thousands of dollars
>Shit phone camera

There is your proof.

Huh? It's my Pixel XL, great phone but I hate the camera. Should I apologies for not carry a $5k camera everywhere I go?

Nice, thanks. Shame you don't have a macro lens for it.

It's almost as if some people are interested in watches and not cameras?????

Why do sellers do this

My sister has a very expensive camera with dozens of lenses and shit. Does that mean her Roxy fashion watch is actually a watch worth thousands of thousands of dollars?
Shit should tell her!!
You should kill yourself.

>using android in 2017

>getting cucked out of a headphone jack in 2017
Please tell me you didn't do this and then pay hundreds of dollars for the brave dongles letting you use a 3.5mm jack

>using modern smartphones

>being so poor that you don't have Bluetooth or a lightening pair of headphones

I have my dad's old Samsung s6 mini. Don't know if you would call that modern.
>getting memed into spending another 500 on donglesthat you lose, they update or you break
I have Bluetooth headphones for the gym and decent sennheiser headphones around the $600 mark. Lightning headphones sound like the ultimate meme to get screwed over more

>just buy the latest Apple products and accessories
>Baaaa
>Apple want what's best for the consumer
>baaaaaaa

>buy samshit
>explodes in pocket
>sets car on fire while charging

poorfags everyone

Well, you could get a decent mirrorless for less than a thousand.

thoughts on Invicta?
pic related, my dad's old watch

Sony Xperia here, its almost like when you aren't indoctrinated into an Apple slave you have all these choices in what phone you get.
>inb4 I'm not indoctrinated
You defended the retarded dongle meme that even die hard Apple supporters across the net and that I know in real life think is retarded.
I'll just translate it so you can understand real quick: Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The Sumo is well priced (atleast in the UK. Only a little more than the alpinist)

The SKX is just outdated and a shitty toy, and the mm300 costs too much and is discontinued.

They still have the Sumo though so you're still wrong

Not with white nigger beaver at the helm

So what do I need to take better collection pictures? I've tried spots, light boxes, a few phone cameras, and a few point-and-shoots.

>mm300 is discontinued
shit, when did this happen?

No, but you should be able to take a decent photo even with shitty phone cameras. Take a look at the maplesyrup user who always posts pics of his Lemania speedy. Taken with a phone.

I know this is bait but makes me wonder why their quartz divers are priced just as much, if not sometimes more then the mechanicals? If Seiko made a sub $100 quartz 200m diver it would sell like hot cakes.

Buying any GMT master that isn't a 1675/16710