How to connect a CRT to my computer? I'm trying to emulate games on it for that authentic feel...

How to connect a CRT to my computer? I'm trying to emulate games on it for that authentic feel. Do I just need RCA to VGA and VGA to DVI adapters?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/4ADwlvs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

proably

RCA to DVI should work, I think.
(Amazon link) a.co/4ADwlvs

Holy shiet you guys are retards

What are the inputs on the CRT?

Why aren't you just looking for CRT monitors near you on craigslist?

Just get an old video card with svideo out which can easily be converted to rca if needed.

HDMI to -

Are there any cheap HDMI converters that actually work well?

This is what i did, I have an old Nvidia 6600GT i used.

inject the analog video signal into a RF Modulator from old receiver, modulate it onto the carrier freuquency of the uplink. Connect it to the antenna input of tv and enjoy TV

i second this user. find a video card with s-video. easily converts to rca

If your CRT supports S-video just mod an old Wii and emulate off of it. Would probably be simpler than getting a whole new video card with an s-video port. What ports does it have anyway?

get a crt monitor with vga?

Also check out the threads

980 can do dvi to svid its probably the easiest way to do it and is super popular with smashladder people for the least input lag

Post back of your TV with sexy birdhouses for all public.

Isn't DVI an HD output? It probably wouldn't look the best for old games

it works excellent for gamecube era games haven't tried anything before that personally

Just get a CRT monitor, they're higher resolution. A CRT TV is 480p max unless you get one of those giant 1080i ones, and 480p will make your OS desktop look like shit. Just get a DVI to VGA or DisplayPort to VGA.

OP clearly said he's using it to emulate retro games, which are usually 240p

>Not PVM/BVM.
Fuck off

Using a videocard with TV out. I have a GF FX 5200 plugged in.

Stick to 31KHz CRTs, it's just easier. TVs are a PITA.

Basically, you can't do what you're asking.

• RCA to VGA/DVI adapters only work for projectors, they're passive adapters that don't work with the video signal a PC puts out.

• The old VGA to 480i transcoders that you can sometimes find in old computer junk shops, and also the transcoders built into old video cards with a VIVO output, will work but they look like ass: blurry and ugly, even if you're using S-Video or component, and don't even bother with composite. You can do this, but at this point you might as well just be using a Wii or an Xbox instead, it'll look a fuckton more authentic.

• The expensive route is a VGA to analog transcoder which is actually meant to convert a PC's 31KHz video signal to a television or arcade monitor's ~15KHz signal. This requires special drivers (CRT emudriver or Soft 15Khz), sometimes special hardware (ArcadeVGA video card) in addition to the expensive transcoder itself, and even when you get it up and running you'll have horrible overscan on the picture and fixing that requires an emulator which explicitly supports the drivers and hardware—which means, basically, GroovyMame only, RetroArch and standalone console emus won't work right.

So what you actually want is a plain old VGA CRT monitor, RetroArch, and a cart that will let you do the 240p at 120Hz "fake scanline" trick + RetroArch's black frame insertion setting. You're welcome.

Maybe he doesn't want to spend hundreds of dollars to play old games

>So what you actually want is a plain old VGA CRT monitor, RetroArch, and a card that will let you do the 240p at 120Hz "fake scanline" trick + RetroArch's black frame insertion setting. You're welcome.

(Side note, by "card" I mean any video card that supports custom resolutions, and in my experience nVidia cards are better for this than AMD cards.)

You want that groovy 3840x240 goodness. That's why a card that supports custom modelines is so important.