Why can't other torrent clients compete with this?

Why can't other torrent clients compete with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ΜTorrent#Ads_and_malware
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

literally every single other client (except maybe qStalledMeme) is better than that

Enjoy your ad filled botnet user

>using placebo sandboxie which is probably botnet

>installed transmission
>only supports a few active torrents and peers at one time
kek

citation needed

Learn to use transmission, numale

It's in the source code

µTorrent is the only client that runs well even on ancient machines with many torrents, and has a GUI

qbit and deluge are close but the way utorrent handles stopped/paused torrents is much better

transmission is just shit options-wise

>what are aria2, rtorrent, btpd

No, utorrent is a piece of shit, cuck. Run anything other than it and it'll work better.

Cool, now suggest a client that actually supports around 1000 active torrents

see

Vuze.

none of those have a real GUI and/or are missing functions that µtorrent has
Sucks on slower systems

>double click torrent in qbittorrent
>opens directly to the file
>double click torrent in deluge
>nothing
why would anyone use garbage like deluge

>not using 2.0.4

How can you FAIL this hard, OP?

I disabled the ads.

I still have no clue why 2.2.1 is memed as being good, it contains the ads and other cancer

Why do people like to shill this?
It's proprietary, doesn't seem to have any fucking features that other clients don't have, and when I got it, it came with some shitty malware

>gui
bloat. also aria2 or rtorrent have many gui's, not all of them are web even.

Go back to your arch linux general, retard

You're all newfags. 1.6 was the last good version.

>there are still retards that cling to muh utorrent 2.0.4
Just use qbitorrent already

forgot pic

It was not bad when I used him years ago.

A bit old for my taste. Isn't it missing some essential things like DHT o ipv6?
It's bloat

>It's bloat
How so?

For fully command-line use, what client do you feel is best? I always wanted to start using a terminal client regularly.

retard

prove it

I prefer btpd. aria2 is pretty good too. But really they're similar to deluge-daemon or transmission-daemon. rtorrent has a curses based gui, so you can try it if you like that

we have to go back

After careful consideration I have found that Tixati is the best Windows torrent program.

It's lightweight, ad free, customizable, feature rich and not bloated with bullshit.

you can thank me later

low tier b8

no magnet link support

try deluge

biglybt is pretty good if you don't mind java

It's ugly af tho

I've seen btpd, but it looks like a dead project. Haven't tried transmission's cli, but the gui version did not look good to me. I love Deluge's gui, but the cli is some kind of ncurses thing with a colored-in background, which unfortunately doesn't work right on my tiling wm (there are open gaps along the sides between the background and the window border). Looks like rtorrent and aria2 are my options. I've used rtorrent in the past and it's pretty solid. Hopefully aria2 is good as well.

name 1 thing wrong with Tixati. name your torrent program and I'll tell you why it's sub par. and if you say uTorrent then you can fuck right off

What do you think about BitComet?

its customizable. change it

chinese botnet

>14mb

uTorrent 2.2.1 is under a megabyte

>proprietary

>literally bloatware with tons of useless garbage like a fucking chat LMAO
>made by furries
>shit UI
>over 5 megabytes
>bloatware
>blacklisted in alot of trackers
>closed-source
>made by furries

>>made by furries
So are most GNU/Linux programs

>using a proprietary torrent client when you're pirating shit and breaking the law.

I thought Sup Forums was supposed to be smart.

I thought so too, but there appear to be a lot of brainlets here

desu someone should just reverse engineer utorrent 2.0.4 and re-create it 1:1 with security patches

utorrent was open sores at one point, so there should be some binaries floating around

No it wasn't lmao

The original bittorent client was open source but it was based on python

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ΜTorrent#Ads_and_malware

I don't get it, either. It also has that ugly as fuck circle logo instead of the original one.

I think before 2.0.4 I was still using 1.9.6, until it started crashing for unknown reasons. And I think I switched to 2.0.4 when the current version was one of the 3.2 version series.

>prove what you're saying
>ok here's proof
>RETARD RETARS RETADS REEEEEEEEEE

the only thing I liked about utorrent was the little torrent progress bar you could have displayed on top of any window you were in,so you didnt have to tab back into the torrent client to check progress of your torrents

do any modern torrent clients have this feature? either natively or with a plugin.

>autist does not understand that other people don't want to bother with shit that you have to compile yourself and which does not fit into their stated use case

utorrent literally has ads in it you retard. Don't tell me you paid for it, did you?

>In August 2012,
>Starting with µTorrent version 3.2.2,
>In March 2015, it was alleged that µTorrent
retard

>he does not know about the old versions that are discussed here

gtfo brainlet

don't you know that people aren't allowed to do anything other with their time than learn code?

>the little torrent progress bar you could have displayed on top of any window you were in,so you didnt have to tab back into the torrent client to check progress of your torrents

being this autism

>he listed torrent clients that aren't utorrent, that's basically installing gentoo right?

go back to fapping to traps on Sup Forums

>hurr I use old outdated software with limited features because I'm too stupid or stubborn to find a proper client

>I'm just pretending to be retarded

it was a really good feature for productivity,saves you 5 seconds everytime you had to tab back into utorrent to check if your anime episode had finished downloading

and no I dont want to get a 3rd monitor just to have my torrent client in it

>I literally am retarded

>Let me deflect from the fact that a malware installer was included with my torrent client by getting into semantics
Cunt

But user, shit like web UI is what's limiting
It's like suggesting an office drone to use latex instead of word because "it's better" and "muh freedoms", or to insist that nobody needs more than shitty cli applications
You're retarded if you don't understand that not everyone wants to bother with shit like that

Can your torrent program download blocks sequentially?

Does your torrent program make money off you by showing you ads, installing malware/rootkits and send tracking data to advertisers?

Does your torrent program ask you to pay money for something that should be free?

If so... here's your sign.

>does your program violate torrent policies
>yes

lol don't mind me guys just running a WEB SERVER here to control my torrents :)

No, it's like suggesting they use libreoffice or google docs instead, and you claiming you have to be a hacker to use those.

>I literally don't understand whats being talked about in the thread and what are old versions

>unironically using bloatware because of meme features that change nothing

>he cares about "torrent policies", whatever the fuck that means

Protip: Tixati lets you spoof user agent. Can your torrent client do that?

>not using a seedbox

>he pirates his windows
>fucking winrar
>pokemon
>matrix reloaded
>harry pothead
>Final Fantasy

holy shit look at this sperging manchild

That's great, but a different use case
More like suggesting that instead of word, they should use vi and latex because "muh efficiency"
>he uses non-genuine programs

>legitimate features are bloatware
>ads and malware are features!

Never change, Sup Forums

Enjoy never getting access to the new BEPs that improve performance and add features.

Can you name a single uTorrent 2.2.1 feature that is not matched by qBittorrent?

Torrent clients have added not a single useful feature since utorrent 2.0.4 was released, unless (you) consider bloat, inefficiency, throttling, removal of critical functions, addition of PlaySkool block-sized buttons and invasive, unnecessary intrusion into the OS for "installation" when the client should be a runready .exe to be "features."

Autism toys for retarded, autistic children, yes. By the fuckton. Actual useful features, no.

>uTorrent 2.2.1 and below have ads
t. you (brainlet)

>Implying they can't just add more malware to an already closed source torrent tracker without the end-user knowing at all

>it didnt always have ads and malware!!1

you guys crack me up sometimes

>More like suggesting that instead of word, they should use vi and latex because "muh efficiency"
yeah because point and click torrent clients are really hard to use like vi and latex

not an argument

None of the ones suggested by that autist have a built in GUI
The other ones ITT are all bloated and need more resources than utorrent

Can your outdated version of uTorrent download blocks sequentially? This is important so you can watch movies as they download

>Deluge close to being as good as utorrent 1.6/2.0.4/2.2.1
Deluge is one of the biggest pieces of crap to use for torrents. The gui sucks, basic functionality(labels) doesn't work and legs with more than 20 torrents.

>having to do that
Get better internet and you won't have to wait longer than a few minutes

With what client do I have the smallest chance of getting caught by the police for illegal downloading? Aria2?

>the old version doesnt have ads, so therefore all the malware/tracking is magically gone too.

>does not understand how torrents work

How can other clients even hope to compete?