Still the best case on the market

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

i have it, and i agree

i have the define C since all my hard drives are in a separate storage pc

I have the R4. Bought it when it was released, literally. Is it as good as the R5?

I'm in the process of building a new pc with a 7700k and a 1080ti. I don't know shit about cases. Is this a good case for that build?

It's a great case for any build, really. You should check the physical dimensions of that card and compare to the case, though. I only have a 760 and it fits with several inches.

That's not the Air 540.

Thermaltake F51 is better.
>supports full E-ATX (8 PCI slots vs 7)
>200mm fan
>shit moduvents replaced with proper magnetic mesh
The one fake that TT actually made better than the original.

IDK about that but I got the R4 and no complains. Does what it needs and isn't fugly

>7700k
Don't do this.

I love mine.

7700k/1080 in a Define 5.

met the president of the north american division at the airport back in august, cool guy. he was wearing a fractal designs tshirt and I just told him "nice shirt" and he said "oh, well thanks for being a customer." got my name, email, and address down and said he would send me some stuff, emailed me back a couple weeks ago.

your cable management

no 8-series or amd shills please, the 7700k is a good cpu, if I needed a minimal upgrade I'd be upgrading every month
How is that for airflow? I'm a build newbie.

i have the same case with a noctua NH-D15 and the airflow is really bad for the gpu

jesus fucking christ dude, do you keep your room and car that messy?

embarrassing as fuck.

The 7700k is garbage compared to Coffee Lake or Ryzen, don't do this to yourself.

>define_r5.jpg
is it a black box from airplane?

>needing 20 storage drives
>he bought a pre-made water cooler for a full tower

>the 7700k is a good CPU
laughinggirls.jpg

7700k is comparable to an i5 8400 in gayming if that's your thing.

It's basically the same case - the R5 has some tweaks that make it slightly superior but they're more quality of life things during your build rather than things that matter on a day to day basis

t. owner of a R4 and a R5

Brutalist designs wins computer case designs

>quiet
>good airflow
>relatively modular
>not ricer shit
yep, it pretty much takes the cake

>no 8-series or amd shills please, the 7700k is a good cpu, if I needed a minimal upgrade I'd be upgrading every month
If you're just in the planning stages why not get the better one?

It's alright but it's really only good as long as you don't go crazy with cooling.
>Not worth it if you use custom liquid cooling
>Too cramped if you use Corsair liquid cooling
Go air or go home with the case.

Terrible build quality for the plate where you put the standoffs and the case's HDD cage has no support for +5TB drives

It's a nice case, but I think pic related and various 4u rackmounts and others are still better.

>be OP
>have the R5
>look for a better case
>all attempts end up back at R5
>make shitty bait thread on Sup Forums
>hope for some case tips
>R5 gets recommended
>mfw

I'm The define R5 only comes with 1 front fan and you really need the second for GPU airflow. The fan controller has 3 speed settings, I keep mine on middle and GPU cooling is perfect.

It's made of tin foil

All Wrong

Ncase m1.jpg

I just need to justify the Phanteks Evolv

See - in some circumstances these will be better.

Always depends on why the FD Define R5 isn't enough, though.

My cable management is never going to be good because front HDMI, sata out with power, USB 3.1 card with power and drive power control on the panel (pic related). No easy way to do it.

The main justification for that is muh particularly big side window made of tempered glass.

It's otherwise pretty strongly form over function nonsense. Doesn't even allow to make use of the front.

Very good case, but mine has two problems:
1) Frontal audio/mic jacks don't work for some reason
2) Frontal USB ports are tight as fuck, after you plug something in it's probably gonna live there forever

Apart from that -- superb case.

what are you talking about retard

So what makes this case special? I'm betting it's one of the few "plain, black, non-gaming" cases on the market, and thus it's perfect for housing a machine running GNU/Linux for pretend hacker roleplaying sessions without making it look like you're a "gaymer normalfag" to the other larpers. To be fair, though, you've probably got yours covered in programming/hacking/skiddie and/or anime related pop culture stickers purchased at RedBubble and fuck knows where else.

How am I doing so far?

You realize you can put the cables through the other side, right?

man you sound asspained

So, yeah, I was pretty much on the money.

you are an evil scum

uhuh, I'm running windows and I have no stickers on my case, or anywhere.

you were entirely wrong, your projection knows no bounds.

>he knows
>i'll just accuse him of projection
Does this ever actually work?

Mind you, I don't really care about your larping sessions. Do what makes you happy. I'm just here to laugh at it.

I honestly have no idea where you're getting this "larping session" bullshit from. Does it really make you that angry that people use Linux?

Your first post came up with a load of shit and you're trying incredibly hard to perpetuate it. Kinda pathetic, m8.

>they're laughing at my gamer case with neon lights
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No, I use Linux on occasion myself, mostly when I need to do something actually useful with a computer and don't feel like wading through Windows to do it. I just like to come into these threads, state the painfully obvious, and see how many people out themselves by getting triggered over it.

What exactly is painfully obvious? Please, point it out, because at this point you've done nothing but made yourself look stupid.

>What exactly is painfully obvious?
That a large amount of you go out of your way to avoid buying anything that's either branded as, or looks like, "gaymur" hardware as it interferes with the Linux hacker roleplaying persona you're trying to perpetuate. This nondescript black case is just one example of it. I could've sworn I explained this.

I have it and I disagree.

Never again will I buy Fractal garbage.

Or maybe, just mayyyyyyyybe, people don't want that ricer look?

It's the same reason people who buy Honda Civics don't do anything to their aesthetics.

It's really no surprise that this hasn't occurred to you.

Also, "Linux hacker roleplaying persona," this just makes you sound inept with computers and tech in general. Sucks you don't know how to program, bud, but don't take it out on us.

>no 8-series or amd shills please, the 7700k is a good cpu, if I needed a minimal upgrade I'd be upgrading every month
No modern CPU shills please, the i386 is a good CPU, if I needed a minimal upgrade I'd be upgrading every month. If you're still planning your PC, why the fuck are you going for a 7700K over an 8700K or even an 8600K? Or a Ryzen? Or fuck, even the 7800X if you can find a good deal for that. All of these are better options than Kaby Lake.

>Or maybe, just mayyyyyyyybe, people don't want that ricer look?
I might buy that if I weren't on a board completely overrun with anti-gaymur, anime-obsessed, ricer weebs with hacker fantasies and a penchant for roleplaying.

Care to elaborate why it is garbage?

Okay. Just keep in mind not everybody fits your retarded generalization.

Better question is, why the fuck do you come here if you have this much disdain for the people you post alongside? Sounds a bit masochistic to me.

what is that in your 5.25" bay? Is that a blu-ray media bay combo?

I have the Fractal R5 for my server but my gaming/production PC is inside of a CM Storm Trooper. Neon lights and all.

why the fuck do you come here if you have this much disdain for the people you post alongside?
Again, I could've sworn I explained this already.

Looks flimsy, has no SATA backplanes, "moduvents", panders to gamers and their closed loop coolers.

Those feet looks like shit too, but those can be replaced easy enough with some nice ones from ebay.

I'm building a new PC and the hardest part so far was finding out what case to get. I noticed this thread because a gamer forum had also recommended this case. Starting to think this may be the one I should get, although I'm generally not crazy about cases where you need to open a door to get to the drives.

Right, so you come here to laugh at a generalization you've made up entirely.

Sounds like a poor use of your time. Not that I'd believe your time has any value at this point, though. You're as bad as the people you're deriding, worse even.

>Right, so you come here to laugh at a generalization you've made up entirely.
Yeah, pretty much. Especially when at least a few people identify with it just a little too closely and get triggered.

we're all the same. it doesn't really matter.

I don't need to prove anything to you, for I don't care about your opinion. I already told you I run windows without any stickers which was the entire basis of your claim.

Is there a Fractal Design case that can mount WD Red 8 TB?

i have it, and i prefer Meshify instead. r5 is a bit too big.

Hey retard, I'll explain for you the thing the other retard posted. He's being an idiot about why the R5 is inferior to pic related, the Define C, which is the same thing as an R5 but smaller.

And yet here you are, still trying to convince me (a completely anonymous random person on the Internet) that you're not the generalization I accused you of being. The reality of the matter is that you are exactly that, and that's why you're mad, lying, and still posting. Anyway, here's a funny picture to make you feel better.

But I don't care what you think, I just told you that. Twice.

And yet you're still trying to change my opinion. Go figure.

People can disagree with you without being part of who you're speaking against, you know.

I wasn't speaking against you. I was just laughing at you.

Okay. You sure showed me.

I know.

That's fine.

Is your bottom drive cage slightly bent? I'd like to arrange mine like yours, however mine leans to one side if its not attached to the front fan mount. Even if I don't see it, knowing that bothers me.

I fucking love this case.. so simple and beautiful looking.

This was my first pc build like 4 years ago, still using it.

How much longer are you going to be samefagging as two different people?

Front panel USB-C when

ITS JUST A STUPID BOX

>terrible front airflow
>one tiny vent on the side
Fuck off.

>Those same graphs show its performance is within a few % of an 8700k
>Not faked
Kek

I never pretended to be two different people. It's pretty easy to compare the way a person posts to other posts and make a judgement from that. If I was trying to samefag, I'd type differently. Hell, look at the post times, retard.

In any case, you never were actually open to discourse and that's okay. It's alright to waste time attempting to piss people off if that's what makes you happy. In the end, that's all we're here for.

That being said, fuck off, retard.

I'm sorry you were the one who bit the bait. Maybe you'll be smarter next time.

Don't post here.

It's still a cheaply built clone of the P183.

*does not block your airflow*

meshify is just R5 C with better front

Why not? Seems to be fairly entertaining.

Not that guy but it looks like a 5.25" front panel that holds a 3.5" front panel and a laptop cd drive, allowing to have both a disc drive and cart reader in one slot.

When I look at those cases I wonder why someone wouldn't simply use an all open case instead.

Safespace is over here:
>>>/tumblr/

yesh :)

Rubber feet to keep it level and 2 screws.

Koenigsegg - The case.

>Functional
>Looks the same as all Fractal Design, but updated and further improved for every iteration.
>Mature
>Sleek
>Sound and performance focused.
>Swedish

Define Mini is great too

I have it, it's shit. It's not silent at all.

I have it, it's the shit, it's completely silent.
>PSU, GPU, case fans, they are all stopped 99% of the time, CPU fan runs at a mere 300RPM.

Get better hardware.