Firefox Powerusers come home!

If you dont use Vivaldi by now you're a late adopter IE a faggot

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en_US
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
pastebin.com/JEbmicXH
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd love to try it out! I'd love to compile from source. If you could just point me in the direction of the source code...

Oh wait.

Why is youtube so crappy on linux?

Here you go vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en_US

I don't like this browser.

Why not

Both are shitte

Use an actual video player like mpv to watch videos.

>watching videos on a web browser

I'd use it if it had the add-ons I want and if it was open source, entirely.

but it's aesthetic.

It's non-free software.

6. You may use the Software and Services on your personal computer, including your laptop, desktop and handheld device. You may only use the Software and Services for personal use. By way of example, this means that although You are allowed to use our Software and Services at work or within your business or organization, You are not allowed to sell, trade or resell the Software or Services for any purpose, including without limitation any use in any application service provider environment, service bureau, or time-sharing arrangements

but it is open source.

>no mail kliens
>no rss reader

>License: proprietary freeware

Is it open source?

>proprietary freeware

Why should I trust my browsing to some proprietary closed source software?

Programmers are non-food-free people. they don't work for free, they work for wage and food, isn't?

the source code is published, it's just not libre or whatever.

>implying
You know nothing about how free/open source software works
It's published in its entirety? Are you sure?

what aesthetic? its just like evey other dam browser...

Waiting for the new snapshot, it seems they are radically changing the way the interface works for performance. It seems this broke a lot of things, though.

Takes fucking forever to start

see

You're doing something wrong. Works fine on Firefox.

best browser
hands down

>he felt for the gentoo meme

Its definitely not open source
But it's written in JavaScript anyway, its not obscure C blob or something.
Any retard can open the installation folder and reverse engineering that shit and make patches.
By the way, the dev team happily receive community submitted patches, they already accepted and applied two.

Ok, thanks for the info, that doesn't really convince me to use it though since it's not open source

It's just as botnet though

Are you using the new layout? That thing was screwing with the video buffering on my Linux laptop

Open source and proprietary software aren't mutually exclusive, idiot. You're just as bad as the BSD zealots.

If you're not using FIrefox you're a cuck.

I can't use Firefox, I am the same gender than the one I was born with

How can software be both open source and proprietary? Do you have an example?

Keep your deviant lifestyle to yourself cuck

>identity politics
Please stop

>come home to this other chrome skin, instead of the chrome+rust skin.At this point Vivaldi threads are Chinese shillers

anything run with bsd the take my shit, open source license,and the haha you added your non free shit,but it is aye ok

This. Use Firefox nightly or whatever other firefox clone you prefer. Opera was pretty good too until it went all chinese botnet

Dumb frogposter
>
>Here you go vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en_US

It seems to work on Firefox but not in Vivaldi

You're confusing open source and free software.

try to change your useragent to latest chrome or firefox i made some strange experiences with vivaldi, audio playback at half speed, apparently the server responded with a wrong audio codec for vivaldi.

I don't have any existing example, but it would be a proprietary software where they provide the source code along the binary when you buy a licence so you can edit and recompile the software for yourself, but you can't share and redistribute the software, modified or not.

Why not use Brave, like any smart people?

jesus fuck this is awful

>nasty ass looking color to fit with muh autism 80's fagshit retro look
> huge ugly looking icons
>terrible font rasterization

of course Sup Forums likes meme tier browsers

What makes Brave better than Chromium with uBlock?

Absolutely nothing. It's actually worse because
a) ABP is worse than uBO
b) brave is a genuine botnet and isn't any better than Chrome
Either way Iridium is the only acceptable chromium browser.

There is a lot of software that allow you to compile it yourself for free but charge money for the approved binaries. The binaries are usually major tested releases while the source is all bleeding edge.

>proprietary
>fucking
>software

I like it, bookmark sync when?

They are working on it, so soonish.

>proprietary software
>the only "open source" part is Blink
>you can't even be sure if they haven't touched Blink
>they've been working on stupid shit such as controlling LEDs on "smart homes" instead of the mail client they promised 4 years ago
>written on pajeet-tier JavaScript instead of Rust
Vivaldi a shit.

Im not using something that isnt even in an official repository. Fuck off with your cuckbotnet crap.

Also the name vivaldi should have been used for music program, not a meme browser, fucking idiots.

>Closed source blink garbage
>devs show only the source of blink and chromium while full vivaldi mods are found nowhere
>people shill this to ``power users``
I'd use Edge instead of Vivaldi, really. Vivaldi is straight up trash.

Yandex is the aesthetic browser.

not RMS approved ...

Post evidence and I'll judge

use opera

Brave is overrated as of right now. It's just fap material for early adopter fags. It's built in ad blocker is inferior to uBlock and there aren't any add-ons available

I thought people found out Vivaldi was phoning home to Google

do people really love brave just because it comes with a ad blocler? lmfao

I don't know if its true but even Firefox is using fucking AdSense

All I can think about is how I would be waking up with glitter on me for months if I bedded that woman (inb4 >woman). No matter how many times I washed my sheets.

If you're using FIrefox you're a cuck.
ftfy

>early/late adopter

Wtf

This is basically how RHEL makes its money.

Literally Linux
By default it contains proprietary blobs (non-free code)

enjoy your vladimir putin botnet

I don't see the point of making your browser closed source if it's so easy to reverse engineer its code and you even accept community patches.

Explain to me how Vivaldi's developers would lose money if I copied their program onto flash drives and sold them to people. As far as I know, you don't have to pay for Vivaldi to begin with, so I don't see where you're getting the idea that the devs would lose money by other people selling the software.

They don't want spin-offs while they are in business.

Vivaldi is so fucking shit with video playback on Windows

Feels like every browser has some major flaw and only chrome works for me but I don't want to be spied on reeeee

Mozilla and Google are businesses yet their browser is open source(well, the latter for the most part).

Tell that to Mozilla

So people can't steal your code (at least legally)

>RMS approved
It's not nice to tell lies in the Internet, didn't you know it?
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
>I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git://git.gnu.org/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

>going as far as customizing your vivaldi to look like shit to false flag
Why?

>no torrent client
>GUI based on javascript so it is slow as shit

It's supposed to be the heir of Opera, from some of the same developers of

nonfree

this

>I
>DON'T
>CARE
you communist swine

Been using it for 2 years already, I really like how you can customize everything

The real news would be a browser that doesn't at this point

Post css senpai

pastebin.com/JEbmicXH

Convince me to change from chrome

it's literally chrome. no point

One botnet to another

Install the extra ffmpeg codec pack from vivaldi

Yes it's slow, boots slow, works sluggish. It has cool features though.

it's shit. I'm staying with Firefox, but if I were to switch I would definitely go with Chrome

>I'd use it if it had the add-ons I want
And for the add ons. It is based on chromium, almost all addons will just werk if you download them from the chrome store.

So did they manage to fix how this is just chrome but completely worse?

>using webpanel to keep a youtube session playing music
Why didn't I think about that? it's pretty smart.

chrome with slightly more customization. unfortunately, community is really that big so there aren't a lot of ricing tips out there, you have to figure it out yourself (but it's only css).

Can this shit get all data from my firefox sync account? No?

I used and only the url bar did not look the same as yours I wanted it to be bold letters help