/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Xiaomi Mi A1 review
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a1-review-1668.php

BlackBerry releases first-look video for newly-unveiled Motion smartphone
gsmarena.com/blackberry_releases_firstlook_video_for_newlyunveiled_motion_smartphone-news-27725.php

Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android One) review: Almost the perfect budget phone
androidpolice.com/2017/10/13/xiaomi-mi-a1-android-one-review-almost-perfect-budget-phone/

LG V30 Review: The Ultimate Creativity Tool
androidheadlines.com/2017/10/lg-v30-review-ultimate-creativity-tool.html#

Nokia 9 renders reveal thin bezels, lack of headphone jack
phonearena.com/news/Nokia-9-renders-reveal-thin-bezels-lack-of-headphone-jack_id98847

Honor 7X hands-on review
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_7x-review-1667.php

Samsung brings two new camera sensors: 12MP 1.28µm with Dual Pixel and 24MP 0.9µm
gsmarena.com/samsung_unveils_two_camera_sensors-news-27655.php

Just in: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 hands-on
gsmarena.com/just_in_xiaomi_mi_mix_2_handson-news-27641.php

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_918959.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is there a huge difference between pixel and pixel 2 other than the camera?

my pixel 2 xl ships in 2 weeks lads

tfw returned my XZ1c because I can't justify buying a new phone when my HTC 10 still works fine

that phone is so perfect. I'll probably buy the XZ3C

has anyone with glasses used s7 with the gear vr headset?

what did you like about it? thinking of getting the xz1c curently using the z5c

>Gigantic fucking bezels

BLACCBERRY NOOOOOO

Should I get a Xiaomi phone if I live in the U.S?

Yeah, cheap and reliable. Also snapdragon

How do I make my Galaxy S8+ control my Samsung TV?

When will Sony finally produce a modern smartphone? Will their next one finally look like it was made after 2011?

if it supports the bands for your carrier then sure.

is your Samsung TV a Smart TV? check in the settings or manual of your TV.

my old phone still got a IR blaster so I use that to control my TV and PS3

Yeah it's a smart TV but I've had it for years. I don't have the manual anymore. Isn't that capability part of the big package of bloatware they put on here?

>muh bezels

I don't have a Smart TV so I'm not sure. But I bet you can google the manual for your TV model online and figure out how to use your phone as a remote.

Yes. Its screen to body is as bad as a galaxy s3. There's not even a reason for it anymore, they're just fucking gigantic phones.

XZ1c is the smallest flagship on the market, silly

What comes after oreo?

So? Still only 70% screen. And I'd like to have a phone that's actually capable, thanks.

Pudding

Peanut Butter

4.6 inch is perfectly fine for a phone, and I'll take less screen for a more durable phone

Waterproof

Okay, have fun staying in 2010 forever with your tiny handlet phones, squinting to see the low res screen on your laggy baby phone.

What is the essential CUTE phone similar to OP's pic?

Simply GOAT.

Why is Mari so shit?

Benis

how do i le change my le emoji for my Reddit posts ?
sony emoji are ugly, and i le want my Google blob emoji back

bought this over a used s6 active. good bad?

the phone itself is dainty as fuck, it feels nice holding in your hand. battery life seems to keep its charge well. was surprised to see battery still at 100 after a good amount of time. any suggestions on case?

fuck my ass and call me daddy

You sound like a 13-year-old whiny faggot.

Probably a Disney themed Japanese smartphone on the Docomo network.

>People actually purchasing pixel 2 XL
Why, there's literally nothing redeemable about it with the price you're paying.

PB&J

Milk.

>note 8 is set to 2220x1080 by default
>have to manually set it to 2960x1440 in the settings
the fuck?

Same with the S8 and S8+ and the S7 series as well (if they're updated to 7.0 anyway)

Faggot

just to save battery?

Only choice for xposed/root users who wants flagship specs.

Wish I was pleb and be easily satisfied with an iPhone X or Note 8

What's the best Chink that is actually up to flagship quality standards?

animations are smoother.

And most people wont notice

Opinions on Huawei P10 Lite?

Probably not the right place for this but whatever. I'm planning on adding wireless charging to my iPhone SE. Right now I'm thinking I'll just buy a replacement lightning port and solder on one of the qi chargers that is supposed to go between the phone and a case, and putting that under the battery. has anyone done this before? i've done a lot of googling but I haven't found anything. It's exciting that I might actually do a project that hasn't been featured on hackaday... yet.

Simply WOAT.

i loved my HP Veer. I'm so pissed HP killed palm.

What are some good AMOLED themes for Substratum?

I just bought a Moto G5+ to upgrade from my iPhone 5C. Did I do good?

>discord

How capable is that phone?

very capable. however like i said, this is one delicate and pretty phone. i went ahead and got the ringke fusion clear case, and a very good screen/glass protector. imo if they upgraded SOME of the material for this phone it could be the best 4.6 phone ever made. its one of those phones you can buy in the future for cheap. sony should just keep making them. wouldnt mind owning a couple.

Fight me

Just got a google pixel, can I deploy any android unity bould to an apk and run it from there? I want to use it to test games that I make.

Why do they call it ROM when you clearly write to it?

Reposting this from last thread.
Should I get this phone? From the reviews I've read, it looks very good. I can get it on sale for a reasonable price. Is it worth it or should I wait for the Z17S?

>crimsonchin.jpg

Get one of the newer ones, like the Mi A1 or the Mi Mix 2 since they have more bands supported.

SwiftBlack or Spectrum.

Because it's not meant to be written to like RAM.

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but what are bands?

Read only means READ ONLY
Just admit. Using commercially bought CD and DVD terms to apply to digital storage you actually write to is retarded.

Bands is a stack of hundred dollar bills that equal a thousand. A couple bands = a stack.

>both 6'' phones

its so fucking narrow

can anyone calculate approx what size a 16:9 screen would need to be for it to have the same width as a 18:9 6'' screen?

godam

United States
Whatever pay 2 go service is the cheapest
no locked bootloader, lineageos support, and ability to run vulkan
budget 300 american pesos

t. poorfag

How come Substratum on my LineageOS device says it's using the "legacy" version? How can I enable the full version?

what are these phones?

The right one is a google pixel.

where Tf u live at? I live in Purcell bitch fuckin meet me somewhere and I'll throw my hands like it ain't no other .

5.5 inches roughly, the U11 is extremely close in width to the V30 or pixel 2 xl

Fuck it, it arrives tomorrow.

kek, be sure to take pictures of the screen in a dark room on a grey image with lowest brightness setting.

I wanna see that lovely LG panel quality.

And to do the math, 16:9 is 11% smaller in height than 18:9, and with a hypotenuse of 6 inches you get 2.68 inches x 5.37. 5.37*.89=4.78 in height for 16:9, solving for the pythagorean theorem again gives you a diagonal of 5.48 inches.

How do I just wipe my phone clean and install a free as in freedom new OS and rice it
Its a sqmsung galaxy core prime

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_918959.html

Should i get this? I want a cheap bezel-less phone that wont run like shit and has a audio jack. (won't let me post picture)

>cheap
>wont run like shit
spoiler: it will run like shit

if this comment is dubs or sequential (eg: ending in 12 or 23 or 34 ... etc.) I buy a pixel 2

if not I don't upgrade until next yr.

sure, if you want chinks reading all your text messages

rerolling

rerolling, last time, I want an excuse to buy this phone, damn it.

just buy a pixel 2 lmao

>finally get job as teen
>get HUEG smart phone
>every time I switch phones, get a hueg 6 inch phone because I felt it was needed
>Project Fi had a deal for $250 off Nexus 5X if I switch
>$20 for unlimited talk text and $10 per GB of data
>hardly use any data at all so Project Fi is perfect for me, bill ends up being ~~$25/mo
>end up with a 5 inch phone though...
>thought I was going to hate it
>fucking loved it
>fits in my hand perfectly, I can use it with one hand without having to shift my hand to avoid losing balance
>the time comes to get a new phone
>Pixel 2
>save lodse money getting a 5 inch because that's what I want anyway
>decide to go all out on memory and get 128GB since I keep running out of space for my music

5 inch screen phones are GOAT, get a tablet if you want a bigger screen

At $650 + $115 for a Nexus 5X trade-in, I feel as though it's not a terrible deal. But I feel like I ought to wait longer if I can, nothing really wrong with my phone just yet.

I have some bullshit Kyocera Hydra phone. It's not a bad phone but its running Android 5.1.1. So my question is how can I get a better version of Android? Or can can you guys recommend a good ROM

My Acatel worked fine.

honestly, I think next year's beezless are gonna beat this year's, especially if you like smaller phones. but I bought the pixel 2 xl because I absolutely had to replace my old phone.

I feel the same way, I'm My Nexus 5X is in immaculate condition so no doubt I will get the full trade in. Nothing wrong with it, I just felt like getting something new.

My only gripe I have is no headphone jack, but then I realized I hardly ever use it anyway because I have bluetooth in my car. There's a dongle for when I want to use it on travel so it's not very often that it's needed.

I think I'll spend my money on ham radio stuff instead, cheers.

QRP RIG HERE I COME.

Y'know that's something I hadn't considered, I use an aux cable in my car for music, would hate to be unable to charge and listen at the same time. Would basically have to buy a new radio for my car.

Like this?

did you take this pic with a fucking potato wtf

Don't curse.

did you take that pic with a flippin' potato what the heck

I live in the United States and I was interested in purchasing the mate 9, i heard the Mate 10 is releasing tomorrow but I was wondering if that would be a huge upgrade, i use my phones for hentai and weeb stuff and just messaging, Sup Forums and really nothing much, 1080p or 1440p is fine for me and camera is no biggy, going from $400-600, 300 fine and a 4000mmh battery as my current phone I had which is the Nexus 6, is pretty much on its dying breath as I had it since 2015, also my contract is ending soon with Verizon as well, any tips?

if you dont mind giving chinks access to your passwords and post history

I never fully utilized my last phone I feel. I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding guides or suggestions to boost my productivity with my phone. Does anyone here have any good suggestions?

Things I use my phone for
>IRC
>Discord
>Text Messaging
>Phonecalls

I just got a 32gb google pixel. I'm going to try making some software for it this time but aside from that I'd like to use it for more stuff. I use my Thinkpad for Anime.

$300 trade for my 2 year ishit

Can you guys help me, my lg zone won't turn on no matter what, I don't want to get another cellphone yet.