Not gonna make it lads

i dont think i can do it anymore, cant even get my feet off the ground. Literally every project i've tried to get started since highschool has been fucked by some unforeseen problem and im supposed to be starting a career in comp sci... because i actually thought i was smart enough...

>half my sec/programming interests require linux
>like ricing
>install arch
>get everything workin-
>broadcom wireless chip fucks everything for weeks
>no access to ethernet
>tried every solution i could find
>try and turn different old lappy to pfsense wireless bridge
>errors out my ass
>fan and harddrive fail a week later
>fuck it, ditch that lappy and try to put linux on old desktop
>suddenly all usb drivers on windows lappy are kill
>disc burning never reads
>etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

this type of bullshit happens pretty much anytime i try to take off my training wheels. dont even get me started on that time i tried to get into cryptocurry... am i just too retarded for tech industry? should i just go buy a mac and become a web developer? should i kms? dont even get me started on that time i tried to get into cryptocurry..

/rant

You don't need to be a comp sci expert to know Linux has shit driver problems with almost every hardware known to mankind.

Why don't you just use a proper botnet distro?

>dont even get me started on that time i tried to get into cryptocurry...
Why?
>am i just too retarded for tech industry? should i just go buy a mac and become a web developer?
Yes and yes
>dont even get me started on that time i tried to get into cryptocurry..
Okay, but only since you asked twice.

Feels like no matter the project, I get fucked by something unrelated to coding itself. It's just Linux related projects are significantly worse. Except I've had good luck with my Ubuntu server, until I try to make an ftp with limited access.

>botnet
Apparently my choices are pull my hair out, be a wizard, or be a cuck

Thanks homie. I'm really just hear to complain anyway. Definitely to retarded to cook some good cryptocurry tho.

I'm almost 49 and work for a big tech company and makes lots of money and such. Been dicking with computers since about 1990. Everything I've ever done has had issues that had to be fixed and worked around. This is how you get experience. This is why I only hire people with homelabs.

so keep jamming my dick into the wall into I breach? Is that really the life im about to choose?

Yes, choose a different path if this is not for you, but the satisfaction for actually pulling off complex stuff is great.

Define homelab

breaking bad, duh?

This is why you buy the Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display.

I'm not even interested in programming and Arch Linux is easy bro. Probably just your shitty hardware.

stop using old shit hardware. I rode my old computer(dual core no ht @ 2.8 ghz, 4gb ram) to the point that using pci ports would prevent boot, psu failed, hdm port was kill, and cpu based youtube video decoding would max off the cpu endlessly. which was about a year ago.
I built a computer around the 6700k and haven't looked back. I regret not doing it sooner, I can breathe now.

asfor your wifi issue, make sure dhcpcd and netctl arnt being used at the same time. I cant remember what the issue was for me, but when I started having to use wifi for school I pulled the drive from my server and slapped it into a netbook and I couldnt get the internet to work. I got frustrated tot he point I went down to the it room asking if they somehow blacklisted nonwindows operating systems from working on the network.
3 days later I remembered that install had a special network setup enabled. turned it off and set up a basic netctl wifi profile and it worked just fine.
check out wifi-menu

Become a web developer.
Sup Forums mistakingly thenks they are less than human because they lack feeble human traits. What they don't realize is that web developers have ascended to an entirely different plane of existence, to godhood.

pic related was web developer for heaven.net before he got bored and decided to advise the humans (Guess how that turned out).

literally stop using linux. all your problems would be solved.

Windows is a balls environment to work in, even though I know there are a lot of jobs that require it, Linux is truly powerful in a lot of ways.

Get a used Thinkpad.

The entry into the field will be littered with failure. Especially learning Linux. The learning curve for Linux is very steep.

This is normal, the first couple of years I started working with various distros, I wrecked my servers several times over trying to do shit I didn't fully understand.

If you're a developer, Windows is complete and utter garbage. Once you learn it, Linux is actually incredibly easy to develop for.

Install ubuntu u pathetic piece of shir

Works fineĀ® for me.

source: asp.net dev

>source: asp.net dev
Try developing in a non-Microsoft language. It won't be pleasant.

>This is what ricer cucks actually believe

just buy a cheap, recent acer laptop
every modern distro has the drivers for synaptic touchpads, M.2 drives, USB3, etc

>ftp with limited access
>what is sftp or ssh
?????

Just use windows for your school work unless otherwise specified lmaoo

Why don't you have a dedicated Ubuntu Thinkpad T420 for programming? They're everywhere, they're cheap and all the hardware works with Ubuntu. Do nothing else on it if you really something something botnet about it.

>cryptocurry
Go on.

You rack disiprin and patience. it's a lifetime of learning