/wdg/ - Windows General

Woah Windows?!
This is a general for all versions of Windows, Windows pcs, laptops, tablets, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrJxUDala0
tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6dvkbt/full_guide_installing_activating_windows_10_ltsb/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/windows-diagnostic-data
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Microsoft is working with the three letter agency, willingly, or not. Why should anyone trust them?

Where can I get xp keys?

How do I get bug.n to work properly in W7? Clicking once moves the cursor into the middle of my screen, making it impossible to double click within programs

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrJxUDala0

Google image search "laptop bottom", set image size to large

Who here on the RTM Falls Creator Update already?

Was xp the last great windows?

When does it comes out? Did they fixed the start button response alreadly? It takes forever to open and indexing is still shit.

Where are you grabbing the image from?

great idea user

Anyone here NT?

I can't launch ANY program that requires admin rights any more
Well done MS

By the way, win10 now completely preinstalls pic related

Hello.
I'm truly sorry you are having this problem.
In order to help could you please tell me what version of windows are you using and have you checked if it is a genuine Microsoft product? Can I also please know what PC/Laptop you are using?
Do you have any antivirus/firewall installed? If so please disable those.
And lastly I need to ask you to restart your computer.
Let me know if the problem still persists.

Thanks
Raghav J.
Microsoft Community senior member

Comes out officially on the 17th. Haven't had the start button issue or the indexing problem.
I'd had it for about two weeks already. tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php

Weird site, thanks.

GET INSIDER BUILD ON SETTINGS - UPDATE
FALL CREASTORSUPDATE IS OUT
IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

Where can I get an LTSB ISO?

So, what's the synopsis on Windows 10 in regards to privacy issues?
Is it as bad as everyone claimed it to be, or was it all an over exaggeration?

It's pretty bad. You can't be sure you're actually disabling all the shit they've added

It's very bad by default.
It's a little bit bad if you move the toggle the other way on the privacy setup screen.
It's not bad if you wade through this and you know what you're doing docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
Some people will tell you that it breaks Windows if you do that. They don't know what they are doing.

where can i steal as in theft real working windows keys

mega.nz / #!gAtXxTbZ!tx3frWtlLFFZ145uA0LiLyLPMErjo9HL__ia6uoCCEI

Uhh, a store that sells Windows disks

An informative list, and that slightly decreases my paranoia, but this really paints a nasty picture of MS's intentions.
What a bleak world we're living in.

>IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
Process grouping in Task Manager is neat. That means that, for example, all Chrome processes will be collapsed in a single row.
GPU usage in Task Manager is neat.
Side by side WSL distro installations are neat.
Updates actually show their download/install progress now.

Those are the things that I noticed so far that aren't stupid bullshit like the people button.

have you experienced any issues?

>tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php
wtf how does microsoft allow this site to exist?

Buy online at the darkweb, usually someone stealing hundreds from work office or what ever for a few bucks.

Is anyone running Windows 7 with a newer chipset here? And does a basic registry hack get the updates working again? Looking at the 8700K

It's so bad that it manages to violate Dutch privacy laws. There was also the spat with the French authorities but the charges have been suspiciously dropped.

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6dvkbt/full_guide_installing_activating_windows_10_ltsb/

LMAO UNDERRATED POST

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/windows-diagnostic-data
This is the link that paints a nasty picture.
If you get Enterprise and set telemetry to Security you're fine in terms of privacy. Most of the connections listed in the other link are just convenience but it's good to be aware of them.
You should absolutely turn off spotlight though, that's just cancer. There's also the "Live Tiles" options which keeps an always on connection for microsoft's push notification service. You don't need that if you don't use store apps that use it.

Windows has been going downhill ever since 8, and it's only getting worse. Keeping windows 7 until security updates are dropped and I'm forced to move to linux.

Thanks for the second link.
I also appreciate the user who posted the guide for the LTSB version, which I didn't know was a thing.

Keep in mind that LTSB doesn't have cool things like WSL.

where is the work office

>from work office
And that office doesn't use volume licensing?

Reminder if you want to be on LTSB and have a Nvidia Pascal card, get the 2016 version of the LTSB.

Nvidia Pascal cards require Windows 10 version 1151. LTSB 2015 is 10240 and 2016 is 1607.

windows 10 > 8
Windows 10 is basically if windows 7 and 8 had a baby

windows 8.1 > windows 10

why is 8.1 considered its own thing?

because it is? dumbass?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows, is in fact, NSA/Windows, or as I've recently taken to calling it, NSA plus Windows. Windows is not a spying system unto itself, but rather another proprietary component of a fully functioning NSA spying tool made useful by the NSA core exploits, keylogger utilities and vital user information extracting components comprising a full botnet as defined by Big Brother.

Many computer users run a modified version of the NSA spying tools every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of NSA spying tool which is widely used today is often called Windows, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NSA botnet, developed by the NSA cucks.

There really is a Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the botnet they are part of. Windows is the extractor: the program in the computer that extracts the machine's information and of the other programs that you run. The extractor is an essential part of a spying system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete botnet. Windows is normally used in combination with the NSA spying tools: the whole botnet is basically NSA tools with Windows added, or NSA/Windows. All the so-called Windows Operating Systems are really a botnet of the NSA.

Thanks man, looks good.
>recommends anti-beacon
kek

You don't need those and you can install them if you do.

>Process grouping in Task Manager is neat. That means that, for example, all Chrome processes will be collapsed in a single row.
I could do that shit in windows 7 with process hacker.

There is a difference between having functionality out of the box and adding it manually from other sources.