>4ms response time
>9ms input lag
>1440p
>23.8 inches
this is litcherally the best monitor

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#H=144,240&T=1,5&p=1&A=1
tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB321HK-bmiphz-Widescreen/dp/B01A3N60A2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>$1499.99

>23.8 inches
hmmm

>4ms response time
>9ms input lag
Wut?

I wouldn't buy anything without HDR today.

>lcd
>costs an arm and a leg
>can get a 5 ms for 1200 dollars less

what was that?

response time is the amount of time it takes for a pixel to change color, and 9ms input lag is great

Still 60 Hz but pretty good price
>tfw no IPS 1440p 144Hz

>60hz

Lol

>no 144hz ips monitor
>reddit spacing
Lol

Memes.
The real delay of entire system incliding input device is way above 60ms and anothet 60ms is the game tick rate, also add ping to that.
>meme resolution
>small
>false adverisrments
>i bet it's not even so great color-vise
>ridiculous price tag

The best purchase for the consumer right now are VA panels.
They are cheap and snappy as TN but they offer colors and viewing angles on par with consumer-grade (non super) IPS and far supetior contrast ratio and black levels.

Go for 32" 4k quantum dot stuff.
Its a VA panel that has some crazy backlighting and can display HDR because VA has some crazy 5000:1 contrast

Acer monitors are pretty good but I had a problem of a row of dead pixels appearing all of a sudden and they refused to fix that until I wrote them a letter using the logo of the company I work at pretending this was for a business.

yea the question is, why not?

>not 4k
dropped

IPS is inherently slow.
Its a design flaw it can hardly even output solid 60fps without ghosting.

Go for VA
>good colors
>good angles
>144hz easy
>cheap
>superior contrast
>almost perfect black levels
>no ips glow/bleed
>hdr capable

IPS is deprecated now its a niche choice for photo editors who need pinpoint accurate colors.

I got myself a VA panel for digital art and i'm telling you they are good, colors are just as good as you would expect of non-pro ips.
And I chose it having compared it to a number of monitors at the store.
>HP 27" 4k ips - dead pixels
>benq - same panel same shit
>AOC 32" VA IPS for the same price - much bigger, colors not any worse, contrast is even better

>4ms response time

Nobody cares but gaymuhrs.

>ridiculous price tag
>meme resolution
poorfag detected
and prove to me that its false advertising

Don't know much about it, but is it really that used?

Dont VA panels have color shifting unless you sit at the perfect height and with your head centered?

Won't really blame you, a lot of people think they are the same. Input lag is the time it takes to process the frame received from the graphics card and send it to the display panel. Response time is the time a pixel takes changing colour. Take into account response time actually changes depending on the initial and final colour, it's not uncommon for a "1ms" screen to have a 40-50ms response time on certain colour changes.

>anything over 1080p
No thanks.

They dont.
You're thinking TN, they have this problem.

VA has some brightness shifting vertically and horizontally but its minimal and doesnt get in the way the viewing angles are a bit worse than IPS but still good.

the XF270HUA is better and has Freesync

>60Hz

Literally the only reason anyone might convince me to use a 60Hz monitor is if it's an ultrawide 2k or at least 4k.

I just enjoy the fluidity of 144Hz way too much.

What?
pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#H=144,240&T=1,5&p=1&A=1
Here are 144Hz+ IPS monitors.

If 4ms response time IPS is physically possible then where are all the 250FPS IPS monitors?
Why dont ROG and Predator come with IPS panels?

If they existed somebody would use them.

no 144hz no care

>4ms response time
>9ms input lag
Maybe if you're watching movies

What monitor do i need if i don't care about gayming.

>23.8 inches
screenlet

>1440p
>23.8 inches
>60Hz
>no freesync

A challenger appears:

>Freesync
>There are better Asus monitors with G-sync available

> (OP)
ms response time
ms input lag
>Maybe if you're watching movies
hwat did he mean by this?

>he
You fucking cis scum sexist pig shit piece of shit kill yourself all white people deserve to die go back to Sup Forums you Nazi

The only real issue that VA panels have if smearing when transitioning between dark colors, particularly black and blue.

>16:9
Too bad it's only suitable for children.

He means games are

LITERALLY

UNPLAYABLE

>no vesa mount
>proprietary power plug and requires external power brick
>no pivot
>no heigh adjust

literally the worst shit

Did you just assume my race, species, political affiliation, and that I identifies with the sex I was born as?

I got that exact Acer monitor for $199.99, this isn't 2011, 1440p is no longer a luxury

>No VESA mount
U wot m8, them what are those 4 screw holes on the back for then?

I got an LG 34UC79G-B for 550€ shipped.

>IPS
>144hz
>1ms response time
>2560x1080
>34 inches
>Fressync/1ms mode

Pretty happy with the purchase.

>tn

i don't know how people can stand that, unless you have never seen an ips or va monitor, tn colors are so fucking atrocious

>21:9 Curved

ISHYGDDT

It's actually great, I don't know why people hate on it. The curve is very gentle. I like it more than the flat monitors I've had so far.

>muh colors

what are you? a rainbow loving faggit?

>paying a higher price falling for the sync meme

huehuehuehe

except that like on the previous xf270hu which hua is a refresh on it still can't have overdrive while in freesync which lowers the monitor's response time significantly which results in a fuckload of ghosting at 144hz

>what are you?

a patrician who enjoys good stuff, not eye cancer shit poorfag tech that is tn

Yeah, VA sucks dick as well.

> not watching MLP with full RGB palette display
Shiggy diggy

Seriously, what's wrong with 21:9 curved? Why is it considered such a meme around here. Unless the curve of the monitor is very steep you don't even notice it.

>muh input lag
IPS have actually gotten a lot better. I compared my 144Hz IPS at 60Hz to my CRT at 60Hz with my 120fps phone camera. It's usually a frame or a frame and a half behind, so probably somewhere between 16 to 24ms lag. No idea where people are getting ridiculous numbers like 50-60ms.

When I bought my first IPS monitor I was blown away by how good everything looked. I don't care if they have higher response times than TN panels, I'm never going back.

i saw your post in pcbg.
24 inch is too small mang

no, HDR doesn't even make sense without true blacks

It's actually IPS. Surprised that's not detailed in those specs. Marketing goons are fucking retards.

IT serves little or no purpose and at least in its adolescence pretty much all technology demands an RND tax meaning early adopters will be paying extra money for technology that serves no function. It also takes up marketshare and as it trends manufacturers will dedicate additional resources to act competitively in the market, so there are more panels that cost more without functioning better taking up resources that other panels could be using for RND that improves technologies around them.

it's not you fucking dumbass, there is no IPS marketed as 1ms since even for idiots it's obvious that you can't do that, the 279 is an ips

My screen has a 1ms response time and it is over 5 years old.

Got an XF270HU for just under $400 a while ago. Pretty great monitor.

Umm no sweetie

I think the price of my curved ultrawide was pretty competitive, all things considered I didn't even care it was curved, and from actually looking at it, you couldn't tell anyway, unless you're looking at it from an extreme side angle or from above.
I'd say it's more a marketing gimmick than anything, because the curve is barely noticeable.

i am considering buying it or the refresh xf270hua but online there are some people saying the overdrive doesn't work along freesync and others that say it does, can you pls tell me which is true and how is the monitor all round, is there blur, ghosting, the famous backlight bleed for that auo panel?

I've got overdrive and freesync enabled. From a quick look on google, it seems overdrive and Freesync are linked. It's enabled when Freesync is. Freesync doesn't work over HDMI though, so you can manually toggle overdrive in that scenario.

Backlight bleed is pretty minimal on the one I have. TFTCentral has a good review of the Gsync version, which has the same panel. Overall it's pretty solid. Can't think of a much better monitor anywhere near that price.

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

cool, i was mostly worried about some dudes on the overclock forum saying it doesn't work which would make it horrible for gaming but i guess it's not true or fixed, i'll buy it, thanks

VX24AH is way better

meh, honestly this. At 24" anything below 4k makes my eyes bleed. 4k scaled to 1440p looks amazing.

>small
>shit aspect ratio
>shit colors

>buying anything but Dell

>24 inches is small
>16:9 is shit
>IPS produces shit colors
is this fucking bait holy shit

IPS can be different.
16:9 is shit, very wide.

>assuming the poster identifies as an entity that responds to "you"

I'm buying a 4K IPS screen with a i5 7600 and a GTX 1070 and there's nothing any of you can do to stop me.

4k on 24 is fucking unreadable without some ridiculous scaling or you literally stick your face in the monitor

dell is overpriced, flimsy dogshit

What do you think scaling means you moron.

> some ridiculous scaling

Once you go high density you don't go back. 1440p native at 24" makes my eyes bleed, it's horrible.

>i'm just pretending to be stupid XDDDD

>scaling
I wish people would stop abusing that word.
Who are you to define what "100%" means?

uh, try again.

>once you go goy you have to justify your purchase and shill to convince everyone it's a good idea

Literally everyone on Sup Forums should know how quickly diminishing returns set in on smaller scale panels at high resolutions. You apparently weren't one, and on behalf of the community here, I apologize for our negligence and our inability to inform you of your poor choices.

If you can't tell the difference between actual 1440p and 4k@2x (1440p) on anything above 24" I feel supremely sorry for you.

> or you are just a butthurt poorfag

which would be weird considering 4k monitors are getting cheaper.

.8 inches

>acer

got pic related last week, feels good man

>4ms response time
>9ms input lag

You didn't even give a refresh rate, is this bait?

Dream monitor
1:1 aspect ratio
27"
OLED
4096x4096

>not 4K
>60Hz

kys

60hz you retard

what is the name of that keyboard

show me a 4k display at that size

How terrible of a choice is this for autocad and some intermittent gaming/movie watching?

Price really doesn't matter, I kinda want g-sync and a non-curved 32 inch.

forgot link
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB321HK-bmiphz-Widescreen/dp/B01A3N60A2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

>16:9
no

Is what I want at the moment for CAD and some gayming and or movies.

Anything better with gsync preferably?

And no I am not getting an OLED.

4k at this size? Goddamn you must be one huge fucking retad...

200% scaling, screen's as viewable as a 1080p monitor but much sharper.

when will we get a cheap oled monitor instead of that $3500 shit that dell put out?

Never, OLED doesn't work well in situations where the screen has static images for long periods. Your $3500 screen will have ghost images after 6 months, especially where blue light is frequently used.

Ey, I have that as a 25"

>being this retarded

Same, got two of em. Asus though.