Fact is that you should only buy a CPU in 2019 with DDR5 + Ryzen 2 + 3D XPoint tech fully mature and cheap enough to...

fact is that you should only buy a CPU in 2019 with DDR5 + Ryzen 2 + 3D XPoint tech fully mature and cheap enough to buy in quantities

sorry but if you are buying now, ur full on retarded. We are still in 15% jump territory, competition has not yet had time to have an effect.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11238/ddr5-to-double-bandwidth-over-ddr4-specification-due-next-year
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just waiting...

If you can't afford to upgrade your CPU every couple of years, you're too poor to own a PC in the first place.

i5 2500k has served me well it still plays just about everything I need hell at 1440p too.

>mfw still using ddr3 with intel celeron processor.

fug :--DDD

don't try crash market a fool, people buy when they wish and nobody will obey an unknown cock like you

It's not about affordability, it's about the fact that doing an upgrade for a 10-15% jump in performance (if that!) is a waste of time. In some benchmarks even a 2600K still beats a 7700K.
In any case, upgrading in 2017 is the dumbest thing you could possibly do because with DDR5 you definitely need a new mainboard + DDR4 is more expensive than ever before.

>In some benchmarks even a 2600K still beats a 7700K

Post a single one.

What the fuck I'm still on ddr3

>and it will be twice as fast as ddr4
By what metric? Throughput? Frequency? Latency?

Someone please give real information.

Velocity

just do upgrade to ddr5 soon

This I've heard this about ddr3 and so on and so on.

it's time :DDD :DD :DDD:D:D

4800 MT/s for ddr5

you need to keep in mind that this is most likely not an empty promise. When they were rolling out DDR4 they were very open about the fact that it's only going to be a minor upgrade from DDR3. It's likely that this is actually true and DDR5 will be twice as fast.

Interestingly if you look at the officiation of the DDR4 specification it took 3 years to implement (finalized 2012, implemented 2015.) They're finalizing DDR5 specifications next year some time. Expecting hardware to manifest in that timeframe is unrealistic.

fuck this meme

please die already

Overclocking to 4.7ghz does wonders give me a reason I should have upgraded seriously?

Twice as fast as what? You can already buy 4600MT/s DDR4 kits at the bleeding edge. Speeds of 4000+ are now common and will work on most Intel boards. No doubt speeds increase even further by the time DDR5 rolls around.

yes goy, you are supposed to buy a new Intel(R) motherboard and processor every year.

yup, buying now is stupid unless you've already postponed for too long. especially buying a laptop with a crappy dual core and a crappy dedicated graphics card for way too much money when 7nm APUs are on the horizon.

My 2500k stopped functioning anywhere above 4ghz recently. Probably silicon degradation.
>4.5ghz
>BSOD
>4.2ghz
>BSOD
>4ghz
>BSOD
>stock
>high temps with fresh thetmal grease and a clean cooler

It served me well for years but it seems there's only so much you can push it.

what temps are you getting and what cooler, afaik >4ghz required some serious voltage on those chips and higher temps can lead to stability issues on older chips

>just now getting DDR4 with solid timings at high speeds
>DDR5 will come out and be barely faster with loose timings all over again

Getting real sick of your shit, DRAM.

Why don't you explain to the class how you think RAM latency works.

FX6300 + 4GiB of ram here.

zen 2 isn't going to support ddr5 you fucking brainlet

Why don't you stay in Sup Forums with your total lack of knowledge on CAS timing and cycle time? Faggot.

Hehe, it's funny because you're the one who's clueless here and I'm laughing at you.

>Hehe
please leave

Not until you explain how you think RAM latency works. :^)

>just wait
Again, like every fucking time
I was sick of waiting when i built my pc. I just fucking bought what i wanted then and have been fine since

this was the case with ddr2>3, 3>4, and now 4>5, I don't think anybody expected any differently

hell at least with the intel-hedt memory controllers speeds weren't an issue due to the sheer amount of bandwidth available, timing/latency in niche/professional non-desktop applications was the only reason to get higher than 2133mhz on x99

what makes you think I'm that guy, retard?

yeah, waiting is for loosers

You're definetly dumb enough to be him. Maybe use a trip to avoid confusion?

>le ebin rusemaster evoking replies xd
here's my last (You)
just fucking leave

Thermaltake something tower with 4 heat pipes looks beefier than 212 Evo.
It used to run 4.5 stock voltage under 70C when it was new. Could pull 4.7 on stock voltage but was getting into 80s.

Recently it hit 90 at 4.2Ghz torture test and fresh thermal grease didnt help.

A month or two after that it stopped booting at 4.2 ghz at all.

I reverted to all stock so i wont kill it completely before I get an upgrade.
Maybe I can still sell it for a few coins.

No, I'm not going anywhere until one of you two retards explains how RAM latency works, since you're claiming it was an issue with DDR4. Then I'm going to tell you why you're dumb. :)

Its just annoying having to compromise higher bandwidth for worse latency every time the new standard rolls out. Especially with Zen's IF favoring both high frequency and tight timings.

Cry more, Sup Forums kiddo.
You're too much of a dumb faggot to understand the topic.

Hehe, the original dumbass returns!

>compromise higher bandwidth for worse latency
I'll give you a hint for your upcoming thesis on latency: This statement is false!

In b4 it has double the latency

if people keep waiting for the next best thing then they will never end up buying anything.

2400mhz kits with CAS 16 timings have worse latency than 3600mhz kits with CAS15 timings.
You literally don't know anything about DRAM. At all.
Mature DDR3 was already hitting CAS10-11 timings for 2400mhz when DDR4 first launched. Latency was worse for the same bandwidth.

Stay in Sup Forums.

blah blah blah
some people actually know specifically what they're waiting for

Wow, some truly deep insight there, but you are yet to explain how you believe true RAM latency is calculated. I'm beginning to think you don't actually know, user. :(

It's all FUD, don't expect to see any DDR5 on the market for years.
They might be able to make chips in a year but it won't be ready for the market.

>falling for the le double speed ram meme

No. I'm actually old enough to not fall for this.

>inb4 JEDEC sets 2400MHz as official support only

>definetly

Pics of RAM qt?

Delid it retard

>sacrifice 2 years of higher computing to save a buck
??? How poor

Ddr4 feels like it was out for fuck all time. I wonder if they'll fix the latency with ddr5 that ddr4 introduced

what latency?

There's always new shit coming out, its autistic to try and time your purchases to get the most out of them. Maybe you can do that with a CPU to some degree, but memory? Nah.

Its soldered you giant fuckface.

What's the one latency ram has? Retard.

Upgraded from 2500k to a 7700k.

4.8 GHz on an itx board w/ a low profile cooler

Do not regret at all

>Delidding a soldered chip
Fucking nu-Sup Forums, you were probably 10 years old when the 2500k was launched.

ddr4 doesn't have increased latency

You can get better performance from an i5 8400. How is there no regret?

you are going to wait over a year for some shit that hasnt even been proven worthwhile yet and is going to cost shitloads at launch even if it sucks because its "bleeding edge"?

k have fun nigger.

It's a meme

>no overclocking
Its a deal breaker for me.

Ok get the i5 8600k for $70 less than you paid.

>cares more about overclocking than performance

This.

Poorfags should stick to phonetoasting on their leased iPhones, and gayme on consoles.

you assumed I was talking about ddr5, didn't you?

You know there's other things you can do that aren't gaming on a computer right? HT is a great feature to have.

C14,15,16,17 vs c8,9,10 you retard

HT is, in a best case scenario when properly utilized, roughly a 20% performance increase. If HT is a "great feature" to have for you, two additional cores are a lot better.

wait what
I was planning on building a pc this summer
should I wait until ddr5

Well, I regret not being able to step into the future, but I needed and bought the cpu a long time ago. I've made a lot of money since then using my computer, so I guess it sucks to be poor

If you buy a new of everything just because there's a new one then you'll end up as a poor slave with perceived wealth and eventually loose that. I own my home. I have zero debt. Tell me more about how I should have wasted my income buying a new PC every two years when you can say the same. On this.. I have yet to meet anyone older than 18 who's using an iPhone who can say the same (there are 14 year old girls with one their parents paid for, but that's about it for debt-free Apple users).

Last 10 years we've had 1-2% or even zero jump in performance per generation. Now that Ryzen's here and Intel finally put two more cores on the i5's and i7's because of it.. it's finally worth upgrading a 10 year old computer - for the first time in 10 years.

DDR3 is fine for the CPU you're using since it runs on DDR3.

those are timings
not latency
you absolute mongoloid

I feel bad for you and your regrets.

DDR5 won't actually be commercialized for quite some time yet.

Latency is a function of the CAS timings and the cycle time of the DRAM.
Only earlier DDR4 kits were mediocre to poor compared to mature DDR3.

What performance? Single thread? Multi thread?
Performance in one shitty game?
7700k has HT and can go 5GHZ I would bet it beats 8400 in most use cases when overclocked.

>buying any of these cpu's with DDR5 coming out in a matter of months

I'm glad you can pick up the burden for me

obviously if you are going to buy a cpu in 2 years it is most likely going to need whatever the latest memory standard is at the time of purchase and its all going to be expensive as fuck.

easier to just make a budget and get components that fit the budget when you feel like you need a new computer.

>touching the contacts while handling a stick of ram
>reeeeeee

>XDDD
fuck off

>trying to bid time until intel mobos come out

I see what you are doing you intel shill

This sucks. I was planning on doing a build too. Nice Threadripper workstation. Ah well, when Zen2 and DDR5 are out I'll upgrade and sell the old parts.

I hate waitfags but unless you literally do not have a computer right now you should wait for ddr5.

Guys honestly, buying now is just stupid. We are still in freaking 6 core territory.
Just wait until every mainstream has at least 12+ cores, we will soon enter the age of megacores.

same
whatever, i skipped over DDR1 as well

nigger are you for real?
why would ddr5 be a big deal
ddr3 and 4 weren't, not even sure if 2 was

how long ago did you build your current machine and what is it?

Twice as fast. Twice.

>XDDD
fuck off

That was back when RAM speed didn't matter and the reason that the RAM speed doesn't matter persists to this day.

poor bait
guess you got me though

Twice as fast as the base standard 2133mhz DDR4.
anandtech.com/show/11238/ddr5-to-double-bandwidth-over-ddr4-specification-due-next-year

DDR4 was technically twice as fast as DDR3 too, if you only look at the specs when each was first conceptualized.

>Ryzen
i5 8400 is the new price to performance king. Get the i7 8700K if you're not absolutely poor. Ryzen is a dead meme now.

Yeah but back then RAM didn't matter. Now games actually take advantage of faster memory.

Your revolting font rendering invalidates the already shitty non-argument.

the 8400 is a nuclear reactor with a shit cooler and 6 less threads than the 1600. not to mention the overpriced mobos.