Which

which

Other urls found in this thread:

vr.google.com/daydream/standalonevr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rift

neither

both are overpriced and outdated

Windows MR headsets are the thing now, cheaper, inside out tracking so no shitty cameras or lighthouses to be set up.

Arguably better controllers for $399, headset only for $299

Does it work with current VR titles?

>Titles such as zombie shooter Arizona Sunshine, ARK: Survival Evolved spin off ARK Park, Esper, Floorplan, Bullet Sorrow VR, Dreadhalls, Jaunt, Hulu, SUPERHOT VR, vTime, Rec Room, Obduction and many more. Presently there are 67 apps or videogames listed.

Steam VR games are for sure going to work as they've announced that Steam support is coming and the preview is already available.

It doesn't matter which Windows MR headset you get as the controllers are the same across the different brands which means MR headsets are going to have better market penetration and share as all the big brands are pushing it.

Windows Oct 17th Fall Creators Update will support the MR headsets natively.

do these have positional tracking or rotational only?

Lennyface.jpg

Fuck IDK
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Full room tracking, OMG read the fucking reviews.

the headset is pretty nice, so is inside out tracking and the price, but the controllers are definitely worse than both vive and oculus

right now they require a seperate build so only popular games are supported

>better controllers
>than the rift
No

>buying gen 1 VR

stahp

>Rift controllers
>Blind spots and sensors that can blocked by your own fucking body.

Which is why WMR controllers are "arguably" better, especially if full room or full 360 degrees is your thing.

WMR controllers work the same as the rift, they only track accurately as long as they're seen by the sensors which in this case is on the headset so only as long as they're in your FOV

outside that they still have internal sensors for inaccurate rotation and shit but so do the rift, vive and even psvr motion controllers

the reason they're shit is that someone thought it was a good idea to put a touchpad next to an analog stick in the most unergonomic way possible

and no this is not a devkit prototype, the thing actually looks ridiculous

WMR controllers will be in your FOV much more often than the rift controllers will be in their sensor range when room scaled or 360 degrees.

As for the touchpad, they had to have it for SteamVR and other non gaming applications.
Vive controllers only have the touchpad and no analog at all and that's the current main controller for SteamVR.
How ergonomic it will be depends on how large your hands are, the analog sticks are further away so it would be different to people who either like the DS4 or Xbox controller setups.

The analog stick might actually be harder to use than the trackpad depending on your hands.

Now: rift
Next generation: vive

Get that 8k one that was (maybe still is) on kickstarter

this:
vr.google.com/daydream/standalonevr/

why are they so damn expensive it's a freaking mini monitor with gyroscopes

Neither.
Make your own.

Rift is $399 with 2 controllers, camera, hmd, and Xbox controller. Still too expensive but a far cry from the $599 rift + Xbox controller at launch. I'm actually a lil tempted by the current rift after that $399 price drop but I don't wanna deal with low res screens, tiny sweet spots, and all the other hurdles of 1.5 year old tech.

Buddy just got a job working for Oculus. He mentioned their lens design is gonna be radically different for gen 2, with much much thinner lenses but better optical quality. But he could also be full of shit so who knows

lol

Those "arguably better controllers" mean nothing when you have to hold them in front of the headset sensors in order to use them. Stupid fucking design.

some of us have disposable income and want to see this technology take off. Rift is fucking incredible to use, dont regret my purchase at all but will probably replace it for gen 3 whenever that might arrive.

buy one for me then

Got the Vive first as it had hand controllers.
Then got the Rift when the touch controllers came out.

Vive is now on eBay... It's heavyer, runs hotter and controllers are shit compared to the rift.
Also both controllers have had the touch pad fail on my now and you can't change the batteries when they run out.

I've literally punched a wall several times on Echo area with the touch controllers and they work fine.

Also the rift is now 200 £$ cheaper for the same experience minus all the shit I've just said. Plus you can use the money you have saved to upgrade your graphics card, get a extra sensor or get more games.

Pro tip. Get your self the 'VR cover' for the rift so you can wash the face sponge as they peel off with Velcro.

MR is currently priced at the same price as the rift for a lower FOV, shitter tracking and limited controller tracking relative to your HMD. Also no steam VR store access until next month some time.

>Being stupid enough to purchase an overpriced device near the end of its product cycle

We are about a year away from CV2. Just Wait till 2018 Christmas. CV2 will be 10 times better than CV1.

>source: my ass
unless you mean this pathetic smartphone thingie without positional tracking they recently shilled. in this case, this is not "vr" as in pc vr, it's different product

the samsung one has better resolution than all those, looks nicer, include headphones, and its only $50 more.