Whats it gonna be, fellas?

Whats it gonna be, fellas?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-4810MQ-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ/m7168vsm211019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

remove t h is

You can buy a used laptop with 90% of the specs for $500, fa.m

There's literally no reason to award those manufactures with that kind of money for the abysmal products they produce now.

At least you can resell the Macbook if you get fed up with it. Don't waste that money on a chinkpad.

This. That fagBook can be resold to another clinical retard.

>ThinkPad T25 already goes for $3,500 on eBay

Thinpad still doesn't have a HiDPI screen standard

HAHAHAHAHA. Thinkpads are still garbage.

You posted this because you thought you'd cause some cognitive dissonance but T25 is universally hated here.

>Listing duration: Forever

>literally full HD
>not enough
>666
>shitting on ThinkPad Retro

We reddit now

>$1900
>dual core U class processor
It's just a quick cash grab, no need to defend it.

It's a $2000 laptop it should come with an acceptable screen.

I'm surprised it isn't a 1280x720 TN panel that comes in every other garbagePad since 1998.

Any laptop after sandy bridge is a quick money grab. Literally no reason to buy a new one over upgrading your current laptop with more RAM and SSD (if it didn't have one already).

Unironically the MacBook. The ThinkPad 25 is a disgrace.

Well, actually they both are. The Thinkpad being the biggest money grabber doesn't even matter that much.

i'd rather do my computing on an abacus then either of these shitty fucking machines

>nineteen hundred fucking dollars for a dual core anything

>You can buy it used!!!

I don't want it used.

Well, if "new" and 10% more performance is worth $1400 to you then please do.

What are you fucks doing on a MOBILE computer that needs an octocore 32GB RAM 4K display?

Nothing. You're mad you can't afford it, that's it.

I need to compile a large codebase and have it not take four hours.
You can get a quad core and 16GB in a slightly thicker laptop for $900 less.
Use the remaining $900 on a smaller form factor or even better hardware depending on your preference.

>I need to compile a large codebase and have it not take four hours.

Buy a more powerful PC AND normal laptop for less. Use the laptop as a terminal to your PC.

If I wanted a dual core machine I'd pay five hundred bucks for it. You're not only not doing anything that requires real computation but you're also shelling out for something that should be capable of doing it at that price.

That being said I paid about half that for an XPS 13 three years ago and I'm happy with it. I do have to wait some time for my matlab signal processing to run but it was a thousand bucks and is light as shit. What you see on the right is an abomination.

Somebody put $500 dollars eBay thinkpad.

>can't work offline
>can't work on a spotty connection
>can't quickly copy a large file onto external storage

Let's see...

Price: Same
Processor: Same
RAM: Same
Hard drive: Thinkpad better (512gb vs 256)
Graphics: Similar
Screen: MBP much better (2880x1800 retina vs 1920 x 1080)

>hurr Macs are expensive

Don't pay that much for a laptop, jesus christ. At least the Macbook has a quad core.

They've had a 1080p screen since the W500, and pic related is the oldest T series with one.

Pic related cost me £360 all in, for a quad core laptop with 8GB of RAM + a 1080P screen.

Macs are expensive. So are ThinkPads. The latter just holds zero resale value. Also the CPU on the macbook is better, you'd be better off getting a T470P for the same money which would have a quad core as well.

What. What laptop?

Dual Core idiot.

The only big advances in laptops in the last five or so years are graphics and power efficiency. I don't game, and this thing has a colossal battery, so there aren't really many downsides aside from bulk.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-4810MQ-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ/m7168vsm211019

It also doesn't throttle, which is nice. A lot of the newer thin laptops can't handle turbo boost.