About to pull the trigger on this, any opinions?

About to pull the trigger on this, any opinions?

Wait. If you're going Linux, don't get nvidia

3000$ pc and only 16g ram

Wait. If you're going Linux, don't get nvidia. Also
>16 gab ram
Don't get it unless you really mean to fill it up all the way

JFC that 1080 price

Nah, normal sheep Windows 10 build. VR, 2k gaming.

Have fun with your "RUPBLK OF GAMURZ"

Noctua coolers already come with their own toothpaste.

>paying extra $200 for 32gb while not being a video editor

> If you're going Linux, don't get nvidia
When did this turn around?

Really? Good to know.

buy one for 1400 now and ubgrade for 500 every two years or so.
everyone spending 2000+ on an pc is an stupid idiot.
2000 is allready way to much.

also for linux get an laptop.

I would look into a water cooler- that things going to look ugly

Hence the case

AMD made a good portion of their driver open source, and an army of autists descended on it.

Nvidia can't beat the efforts of a thousand dedicated autists with any amount of funding. Nouveau development is stalled out because Nvidia requires their shit to be directly signed on newer cards.

this

Do you want the cooler to look cool or cool good?

There is nothing inherently wrong with your setup.
I wouldn't spend that much, since I have to work a whole month to make that. There really isn't a reason not to buy that if you have disposable income, though.

>falling for the nvme meme
>falling for the i7 meme

Get a 8700k

Coffe lake is experiencing a worse shortage than AMD had last summer. Unless you want him to wait however long the fucks at Intel decide to stall it

Preorders haven't even been fulfilled yet, user would probably have to wait until 2018 to get his processor

>kaby lake

do you have a delidder at hand?

Rajeet, I swear to fucking god, if you don't stop messaging my woman asking for bob, I will personally fly over to Deli and kick your hairy ass.

Alright, thanks guys. Now gotta wait.

I'm not sure if I want to get into delidding CPUs

That case has garbage airflow. You're putting some pretty high watt components in there. Do NOT fall for the meme.

>Wait. If you're going Linux, don't get nvidia
Nvidia drivers are good though.

>When did this turn around?
Never really. Nvidia proprietery drivers are still good on linux (open source drivers are pretty bad), while AMD propietary drivers are shit while the open source drivers are good.
With nvidia cards the only option is to use propriatary drivers on linux, and with amd gpus the only option is to use open source drivers.

>using an over complicated mess of water and pumps near electronics because it looks better
What happened to PCs being all about performance instead of the RGB puke mess we have to make everything now?

>buying a quad core CPU in 2017
>buying a quad core CPU in a $3000 build
>buying a quad core CPU on a dead platform

Fucking hilarious.

>buying

Nothing wrong with it, I bought haswell when skylake was out. Motherboards where still way to expensive and I could reuse my ddr3

>tfw I put together a similar build last year with a 6700k and 32GB ram for just $1500

This current market is fucked.

so you like sucking dick ?

nice one

yes

moar coars is the future my man and you're gonna regret not waiting for the 8700k

my PC is very close to this. Why is the 1080ti price so high? I got mine for $790.

Yea, when that point comes I'll probably sell the chip w/ the board and get it. I need the computer right now though :/
It just the pcpartpicker amazon price, I got it on newegg for $760

then get a 1700 and buy a Zen 3 later on

Then why do you buy a recent Intel cpu?

Because VR and 2k gaymen

Then get into delidding.

Alright, I'll look into it. I'm not too familiar with it to be honest.

Maybe read up on the whole thermal issue with Intel cpus then. If you want serious overclocking, you need to delid. If you go with stock or minor, you might be okay without.

There are people like silicon lottery who will delid for you, but it really is easy with the proper tools.

>how retards spend their money.png

I'd rate this rig as overpriced