Do you use dark or light color themes for coding?

Do you use dark or light color themes for coding?

strawpoll.me/14163308

Light at office, dark at home.

Dark made me feel cool and edgy, but light feels more professional. It's also good for my depression.

Light, with f.lux or redshift.

Dark, light is uncomfortable.

Nice data collection thread you got there OP.
I use black letters on a yellow background (no syntax highlight).

What's this obsession with dark backgrounds

Same

It's not an obsession, it feels easier on the eyes.

I don't really like it totally in one direction or another. I find it hard on my eyes either way, so I tend to go with a soft-grey, or solarized.

Generally speaking the Yotsuba B color scheme would be ideal.

Maybe your screen is too bright

sup robert
Black on white, or white on yellow.

Dark [color] letters on a light [color] back ground. Muted blue and green are my favorite.

I'd use a light theme, but haven't found one I like.

black on yellow fuck im dum
how do u feel about sam

Good luck user uwu

i've tried every light theme in Sublime as well as the legacy color schemes and they all fucking blow. the contrast is horrible for literally every single white-bg color-scheme. there isn't a single one that does a simple pastel yellow background with regular colors. it's always pure white background with bright colors instead of dark colors which makes it incredibly annoying to read. really, any pure white background is just annoying to read off of, at least use an off-white color.

Not really my taste.

>they all fucking blow
Pretty much.

Is that just bare X? If not, what everything.

Basically sam has its own windows. the implies it's on rio (but really you can run it without anything on plan 9). The filenames suggest it`s from plan9port.

I wish I was joking when I chose "rainbow colors on a pink background" but I'm actually using Base16 Mellow Purple Light