nah im good.

my 850pro has faster boot times :)

nah it doesn't

>just give Samsung all of your data
no thanks

>Paying more for 1second advantage

>paying for 5x the copy speed and 4x the write speed of AHCI

>plebEVO not pro

I'd rather 5TB SATA3 SSD @ ~500MB/s @ $200 than 256 GB 3000 MB/s with NVMe @ $200. We've been stuck on the whole 64GD/128GB/256GB SSD for too long. Where are the fucking cheap $100 1TB SSD?

God damn nigger chaebol created monopoly

>$100 1TB SSD?
it's coming.

samsung has a 1TB ssd out now. let Moore's law begin

My 950 Pro is sort of slow to boot but my sk hy (off brand?) one is very fast.

Both are in 4x slots and the 950 Pro has better throughput in my tests
Makes u think

Reminder that Samsung Inc. started out as a noodle stand.

I have that exact same SSD. No complains, it's fast and spacey. I also have a regular 850 EVO for extra storage.
>tfw I also have three laptops with SSDs in all of them

How exactly do you expect Samsung to get my files, bruh? I can't remember installing Samsung BLOBs.

envy what? the fact that you paid 3000x the price of a normal ssd that has the exact same performance?

850 evo beats the 960 pro in boot times. The only thing nvme is faster at is transfer between other nvme drives.

>not calling it NVMHCI

>hurr long acronyms are too hard, need to shorten that with a meaningless "e"

>unironically rhymes with placebo

for real?
I know hyundai started as an autoworkshop, sellout gook who didn't even know how to fix cars simply cleaned obssessively the car parts for the japanese officials and this somehow used to work most of the time.

>meaningless e
>literally refers to the express in PCIe

we really need more players in the industry.
both for ram and storage.

this unholy gook-nip-chink triad has fucked us over for too long. Weaboos who think asians are mild mannered, passive and uncorruptable are retards, just see what they do to the world when they can get ahold of soft monopolies on completely legitimate bussinesses.

one would that westerners would've learned their lesson when we were still craving for silk and porcelain.

Actually, yeah, that would work.

if you could disassemble and reassemble, baring obvious mechanical faults, which are rare; proper cleaning would do the trick 90% of the time.

Trump is going to make America foundries again! MAGA

That 'e' was also meaningless.

And it's a host controller interface, it's separate from the transport protocol.

>make America foundries again
>MAGA
>MAGFA

does yours get hot? mine does, and i wonder if it's just the one i have or if it's all of them

>That 'e' was also meaningless.
It's not, it differentiates between PCI and PCI-X

>And it's a host controller interface, it's separate from the transport protocol.
Actually, it's not. NVMHCI was a the host controller interface only, but it evolved into a specification that also defines the transport. NVMe pretty much assumes PCIe.

t. someone who's actually implemented a NVMe driver.

Yes it does. Also Evo drives are Shit tier.

Your nvme is only faster in copying large files. For everything else the sata or non nvme m.2s are faster.

sk hynix is a major korean memory producer

chips are in samsung phones, for instance

NVMe and NVMHCI are exactly the same thing.

It's shortened purely for marketing purposes.

>NVMe and NVMHCI are exactly the same thing.
They're not. NVMHCI was the working name for two separate standards. By the release of version 1.0.0, the name NVMe was adopted and the two separate working groups were merged.

Pic related.

nvmexpress.org/wp-content/uploads/NVM_Express_Revision_1.3.pdf

ie: the same

>the same
They're as much as "the same" as SAS and SCSI are. Sure, they can be used synonymously, but there are historical reasons that define them differently.

P.S. Client NVMHCI was imagined as a very different standard than Enterprise NVMHCI, more similar to AHCI only using PCIe instead of SATA.

>dude I can boot 3 seconds faster then that PIECE of literal GARBAGE SHIT

1tb is down to about $500
2tb is down to just over $800
Be patient mate

youtube.com/watch?v=9CoAyjzJWfw
28GB/s of envy

>1tb is $500
>mate
rip

What's better than evo then? Their failure rate is way lower

I have a Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe, so I'm only a little jelly.

That said they are saturating PCIe 3.0 x4.
When is x8 coming out?

I have the Samsung 960 Pro 1TB. I put it in my Surface Studio. My boot time is 5 seconds. I'm at my desktop and click on anything without ever waiting. I can load any app and no lag.