Will flip-phones ever make a comeback?

Will flip-phones ever make a comeback?

You never know.

never left

I had that phone in analog, before the digital transition. Got hot as hell talking to my Burger King girl. Heard she got preggo and never left her hometown. I think I dogged one there. Thanks StarTAC for burning my hand, like a warning when she kept me on the phone.

No, touchscreens are superior. Bigger screen and better keyboard.

With foldable displays they probably will.

Are there any real flip phones around? All I've seen are those burner ones you can buy in drugstores and some shops.

My dad's first phone was also the analogue StarTAC, with the little red/amber lights on the screen. I was fairly young back then, so that's why I wonder if this form factor will ever make a comeback besides cheap-o phones.

I want a dumb flip phone again but nobody will help me!

hopefully not
i loved them back in the day, but they have literally no advantages over today's slate desings

if I can recall they are still popular in Japan. But they are slowly getting phased out by iPhones.

>not goofing around opening and closing the phone, looking cool.

>touchscreen
>better keyboard

Maybe not flip phones in particular but I'm sure some people will still use non-"smart" cellphones

well, yes, i did that when i was a teenager

Samsung has patented a foldable screen, rumor is they are making a "flip" phone that goes from 3.5" to 7".

You can't angrily close a slate after a call that pissed you off, you have to gingerly tap the end call "button"

Drug dealers, your grandparents and poor people still need phones too.

Hell if I ever have kids they're getting dumbphones until they're 16 or whatever.

If you are smart, you never left them behind.

yeah there are, you can buy modern ones on amazon or go to any phone store and buy them. But you gotta switch to their faggy phone service. Alcatel, Samsung,Lg, dont get Zte thats the worst one. Those are the only ones i know of that make flip phones these days samsung is the best. Lg is the 2nd best.

I kind of want to order one of those android flip phones from (I think) japan, that design has always interested me.

Might just wait until proper flexible phones come around, though, since I can't really justify the purchase when my current phone still works just fine.

Yes, better keyboard. No I don't give a fuck about the tactile feel of shitty plastic keys. I can write much faster and easier just using swipe gestures.

>No I don't give a fuck about the tactile feel of shitty plastic keys
I'll take that over a shitty feedbackless glass slate any day.

You can type way more wpm on a full keyboard.

This sort of keypad is absolute dogshit outside of short SMS.

>t. owned dumbphones since the nokia 3210 in 2000

Even the guiness world record for typing an sms with a keypad was something like 30 words over 47 seconds. Literally any thot could smoke that no problem.

That's because you're an autistic hipster who refuse to move on.

>
>>No I don't give a fuck about the tactile feel of shitty plastic keys
>I'll take that over a shitty feedbackless glass slate any day.
Not entirely "feedbackless", there are settings for minor vibrations on key presses

> (OP)
>With foldable displays they probably will.

>
>> (OP)
>>With foldable displays they probably will.

Not in the way they were. The concept of being flipped open, perhaps. The keypad layout, though? No way.

> (OP)
>Not in the way they were. The concept of being flipped open, perhaps. The keypad layout, though? No way.
Yeah I agree, the qwerty layout was an evolution of the mobile tech. Going back would be a hipster step in the wrong direction.

I never said I could type faster with a t9 keyboard. Personally I prefer QWERTY keyboards but I'll still take a physical t9 keyboard over a touchscreen QWERTY. Also there are flip phones that aren't t9.

I moved on. I moved back because moving on was a downgrade.

You don't know what key you pressed, you just know you pressed a key.

Like my penis.

fished out of the closet for you to have a boo.

Damn. What if the flip phone was just two touch screens? You can, say, video chat in one screen, and read texts, etc. in the other screen?

>I can write much faster and easier just using swipe gestures.
>swipe gestures

>You don't know what key you pressed, you just know you pressed a key.

Yeah, just like a physical keyboard you dumb fuck. All the keys feel the same. All the glass feels the same. You get the same key actuation feel across all keys and you get the same haptic feedback across all the glass.

I always wanted one of those models or one of its siblings.

so like a Nintendo DS?

have you never used swipe? its fucking amazing

It’s hard being retarded.

It feels really uncomfy for me. Why would I drag my fingers all my bottom half screen when I can just touch it quickly?

its faster desu

>click click click
against
>swiiiiiiiiipe swiiiiiiiiipe swiiiiiiiiiiiiipe

Yeah, I don't think so.

Heh, I sent that guy the data cable for his StarTAC, the rubber was starting to atrophy, so that's why it has electrical tape wrapped around it.

its one long swipe user

while you go click click click click
i go swipe

You mean swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipe.

Its still faster

What are some good dumb flipphones you can get now?

is flip phone stuff cheaper

No, like a phone.

>Yeah, just like a physical keyboard you dumb fuck
No, retard. With a physical keyboard I can tell when my thumb comes down on two keys and that there may have been a typo.

It probably is, it's never too late for you to seek help though.

I was thinking of getting one actually. Smartphones can be really unreliable sometimes, especially if you want to rice.

you can get one form walgreens or wherever for $20, 25¢ a minuets

There still sold. Some ppl do like/want a smart phone.

Depends on how good your phone is. A cheap shit phone will swiiiiiiiiiiiippe while a flagship swipes faster than a roastie looking at us

>I can tell when my thumb comes down on two keys and that there may have been a typo

I can tell when there may have been a typo too. I look at my fucking screen when I type you utter mouth breathing troglodyte.

Rice ,

I had that one, gave my brother the lcd screen one because the red dots looked better imo.
Shit was so cash.

Nice comeback.

Nah the drug dealer meme killed them

I almost got one last week but the keitai plans at Softbank are so expensive.

It literally would have cost me the same to get an iphone 8 than a new aquos flip phone.

Did you ever consider using black tape?

Red dots ?

I want a flip phone so bad :(((

Lol

I don't think he had any handy.

Would this phone work today?

not on att .. most networks need a minimum of 3g

FWIW, was in Japan last week. I was amazed how many people there were using flip phones there. I would say 30% from the people I ran across. Then flew into Korea for a few days, and it was 100% smart phone not a single flip phone. Shit a person does while sitting in an airport......lol

There are many flip smartphones.

y

Aww I forgot there are android based flip phones.

no