AMD is beyond shit:

I just had to underclock my 3.5 gigahertz AMD FX-6300 to 3 gigahertz to try and cure the 70-80 degree Celsius idling overheating issues that I've been plagued with for the better part of a year.

pics?

There is several possibilities but I'll let you shitpost here

>7 year old cpu
>was shit when it came out
>wtf why is my thing bad haha stupid amd
buy a r3 1200 and stop crying.

70C when idle means that you are a moron. TIM is old and brittle or heatsink clogged with dust.

Oh that's unfortunate, maybe you did something wrong and it's not the CPUs fault at all? I've run my FX-6300 at 4.5GHz for the past 5 years and it never breaks 50 degrees

>not keeping your house at 60F.

>2012+5
>thinking FX are relevant

You are supposed to UNDERVOLT not UNDERCLOCK, and what the fuck unless you're poor then upgrade to an r3 1200 or a G4560

what cooler are you using?

is there any real benefit to ocing that cpu since the ipc is dogshit anyway?

clean your fucking computer you filthy monkey

>FX is beyond shit
ftfy. I went from an 8320 to a 1600 and the difference is stunning. I can finally run dolphin with reasonable ease and the ambient temp in my room dropped seven degrees farenheit

Did you change your thermal paste? Sounds like it dried up or your cooler might be unseated or dying.

>and the ambient temp in my room dropped seven degrees farenheit

>tfw running fx 6350 and r9 290 on air

i feel so fucking hot when i play a game, when i put my hand on the exhaust fan it's like a fucking over even with noctua fans and shit

i will never buy high tdp anything ever again

You need a better cooler brah

>from 8320
You could have even chosen a core 2 duo to feel those gains especially with dolphin

Why would he want an i5 2400 6 years late?

Have 140W AMD housefirememe and cool it with $10 chink cooler and dried up paste no problem.

This is with 30C ambient temp.

How the hell did you get it that hot? A had a 8350 a while ago and it ran at a max of 65 degrees Celsius on stock cooler. That was on video encoding tasks.

you meant to say undervolting, right? because underclocking doesn't do much for temps
also, clean that shit, it's probably just caked in dust

i have an 8320@4GHz, stock cooler

Flip the heatsink fan around. If it's pushing into the heatsink, then make it pull through the heatsink. This dropped my temps by 5-6 degrees.

Wow does that really works? Is it worth it to put 2 fans on it?

> Uses 5 year old CPU using dogshit Bulldozer architecture that was crap when it was new

> Is surprised it's still crap

Get a R3 1200 or a G4560 and stop being autistic

that's barely an upgrade and it's not worth the money he will spend for new mobo and ram and possibly a cooler

i don't know why everyone shits so hard on it, it was cheap as fuck and could run most games at least with 60 fps and also had decent multi core to fuck around with whatever else

Because it's a garbage architecture that everyone agrees was bad, there's no point in talking about it.

> Muh FX wuz gud

It's like complaining about your i7 2500 being slow. No shit, it's just old.

I never said it's good you retard. But it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be and it aged way better due to more games using multi-core.

> It's not bad guyz

in the thread titled

> AMD A SHIT, HOUSEFIRE BULLDOZZZER xDDDDDDD

its as obvious as saying sky is blue, and Donald Trump is the president, it's a dead conversation.

Anyone who has one of these things should just use it till they can't then move on to something better.

>when you install zen2 on a zen1 mobo
screen cap this