Are there any better/new UMPCs coming out soon? Im thinking about picking up one of these...

Are there any better/new UMPCs coming out soon? Im thinking about picking up one of these. tiny laptops make my dick hard

Other urls found in this thread:

epson.com/moverio-augmented-reality
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Atom
>installing linux
you better of doing this

Which one is that? Looks comf

But without the dumb garbage meme"""keyboard"""

Tacking on to this - what is a great small laptop/netbook/thinbook? Preferably with it's own storage, but open to chromebooks

Thinkpad X61

Aren't there a ton of asus/chinknovo netbooks? I want one 2bh since I don't enjoy large laptops even if I'm a 6 foot monster.

Where do you buy these small keyboards that look like marshmellows? They're awesome.

gpd win 2 is supposted come next year

Wow they're already on the 2?

minivan, jd40. They arent cheap for the size

I wish UMPCs would make a comeback, there are so many really neat ones from dell to hp to sony to other nip brands but they're all single core atoms with 2gbs of ram.

>UMPCs
>good
>ever
there's a reason they're all but a dead meme
only thing they are good for is taking 1337 hax0r aesthetic pictures
anything smaller than a 12" laptop is incredibly awkward to use and you might as well be using a phone

I want one of these for linux fuckery and shitposting.

Does anyone have one, and can they comment on the speed of the Atom?

It's the second version of the one with the gamepad, not this one. The one in op is gpd pockeg

I'm gonna play video games on mine, user

thinkpad x131e with intel cpu

You can look up videos of those things playing some games on their own (not using Steam in-home streaming).

X61

if this was a convertible and came with a nice stylus, it'd be perfect.

>arm

its an amj40

yes arm, at least is a supported architecture you dumy

And x86 isn't?

>no clit

>tiny laptops

That's not tiny, this is tiny. I have one for offloading content from video cameras to a HDDs in the field. They're surprisingly usable and the thumb sticks functioning as a mouse and scroll wheel (shoulder buttons for clicks) is inspired.

buy an Intel Atom if you are so secure about his performance with linux :)

I'm just saying why would I want an architecture that's incompatible with almost everything

>Gloss screen

Nice thumb Rajeesh. how does it feel to be of a sub-human ethnicity?

I take the incompatible one over the not supported and know to not work because Aimd are a bunch of losers

>being this butt hurt over being so wrong
>being so color blind that you can't tell the difference between white and brown
Nice projection Raaj

Has anyone tried installing Linux on the Win? I want one but don't want Windows 10.

Nah, there's a huge difference between my phone, netbook, and UMPC. Hell my phone even has a larger screen than the UMPC and I still wouldn't substitute one for the other.

It's a capacitive touch screen, matte would look like even more shit after a few seconds of use.

>x86 is an unsupported architecture
What?

I've got a matte touchscreen. I could use it for hours and you wouldn't even be able to tell it's been touched.

Some people refuse to wash their hands

I rarely wash my hands, it's a non-issue.

What device? I've only ever seen a kiosk matte touch screen (at a tech show) and it felt like shit to use (like it was abrading my finder) and looked like streaky crap after a couple of hours of people using it.

Latitude XT2

I find these things cool as fuck but they're probably not fun to use

I bought a cheap x230 recently and it's fine. Screen size is ok, resolution isn't great, and the keyboard is fine too. Performance with 8GB ram and an ssd is good.

He thinks atom is being unsupported by most Ganoo+Linux distributions.

Never seen one in the flesh, is it like the older Thinkpad 'matte' touch screens?

what is that?

kys

Dude it's an x86_64 cpu, it's much more well supported than arm will ever be with RISC V over the horizon
Who cares what's it called

I've never used a ThinkPad but like I've said it does have a matte touchscreen

fuck of nigger, stick somthing in your ass and fuck off

it is, works like pure shit

please leave Sup Forums amd never come back

hey fucking nice tech contribution you fucking mong, kids ruined this board

He thinks right.

Intel a shit

I want Sup Forums to leave

Okay, sure. I guess that's why Linux works with no issues on the GPD win now (according to archwiki).

Those products are shit anyway. For all intents and purposes you're better off either with a Bluetooth keyboard and your smartphone, or an actual laptop.

I disagree

You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect it.

GPD Pocket

Are you actually doing anything with yours? Mine has been gathering dust for a while :(

Same :c
It's too slow
The screen is too low res and compiling shit takes a while :c
I just ended up switch over to termux on my phone

You never used one? Have you?
>hurr I used the 2010 Atoms that where totally different architecute!!1

>Has anyone tried installing Linux on the Win? I want one but don't want Windows 10.
Why? The Win is a gayming device, Windows 10 works perfectly for that.

do what ever you want, for me i wouldn't buy a portable device that has a processor that's shit on battery consumption has been declared dead by Intel and has bad reputation running Linux on it.
Its not even the main critique point of that device.
>fan close to hand, have laptop with that config and sometimes its comfy but other times it burns
>keyboard layout is a fucking abomination
>(((pocket)))
>((($pocket))
>invisible 2G 3G 4G

This device claims to be designed for portability but fails to perform well in any of the main factors that make it portable.
Its to big to fit in a pocket, doesn't have 4G, so if i have to carry a phone anyways why even buy this? Meme ports? theres usb-c hubs for phones, Le photoshop on the go?

>i wouldn't buy a portable device that has a processor that's shit on battery consumption
What the fuck are you on about? Atoms are great on battery life, they've got like 5W TDPs and C2D performance.

keep dreaming

I'm not dreaming, you fucking mong. I'm stating facts.

>Its to big to fit in a pocket
literally a fucking nitpick

sorry if you feel regret spending $500 on a device that after buying it you have to (MOD) it to feel less bad for the shit device you bought.

You don't even have an argument anymore. You're the one that lost, just face it.

>this hard in denial

I don't own any GPD products, I'm just not a massive dumbass that makes assumptions on modern processors based on ones in the same line that are a decade older. Believe it or not, things have improved since the N270. The Atom x7-Z8700 has a 2.4W TDP. About half the single thread performance of this Core2 Extreme and twice the threads.

>HURR DURR IT CAN ONLY BE PORTABLE IF IT FITS IN POCKETS
literal retard

For The Pocket's smaller than a VAIO P. I'd imagine it's about the size of a 7" tablet, just a bit thicker, which means I could easily pocket it.

its shit, face reality, just open the back case if you have one and admire the third word engineering. (you don't own one because you all to pour for it)

>literally no argument
>just declarations without any supporting facts
Can you, at least, just try putting a bit more effort with your shit?

I'm not defending the pocket, I'm saying it's pocketable.
>you don't own one because you all to pour for it
>to pour
I don't own one because the keyboard's ass and the TrackPoint's in the wrong spot.

ok, so you are a weed smoker?

Just take some sandpaper to it.

>Can you, at least, just try putting a bit more effort with your shit?
no, why should i put any effort on a clearly not optimized device for is purpose, the internals look like laptops from pre utrabooks, fan absorbing air from the bottom, no heat dissipation utilizing the back case, lee full sized usb absorbed a lot of space and i don't want even know how many turns those wifi cables did lel.

nothing personal man i just find this device to worth that huge invesment

What's the point of such device anyway?

>nothing personal man i just find this device to worth that huge invesment
Then don't get it. Others disagree and will continue to spend their money as they wish.
Also
>calls us all poorfags
>goes on to say that $600 is a huge investment

do you not have a fucking spacebar?

I love traveling with mine.

This. Pads are cheap, popular and easy to accessorise and upgrade and fix if damaged.

I like my Logitech K810 and K811 bluetooth keyboards for phone use BTW. Durable and reliable, but phones suck by nature. Ideal is desktop, then everything else smaller trades ergonomics for portability.

What videoglasses are they?

Avegant Glyph--they keep me from killing people while stuffed into an airliner. Worth every cent.

too rich for my blood, but I'd stil like something better than the cheap chinkshit

I hear you, but when you use it almost every week for travel, it becomes worth it. The picture quality is great, and I load up an SD card full of videos for the plane. I watch netflix staring at the ceiling in hotels. I hope this tech gets cheaper and lighter.

i really want to get one to use as a display for a RaspberryPi - add in a one-handed chorded keyboard/pointer device, and I could create the ultimate cyberpunk wearable

like this? epson.com/moverio-augmented-reality (obviously much cheaper)

I get 8 hours of shitposting on my Win though.

made me kek

>epson.com/moverio-augmented-reality
desu, I'd prefer it to NOT be "augmented reality". I on't wanna see through, I just wanna be enveloped in my computer...

more like pic related, so I can sink into a little hole of shitposting

Looks like he's got two

Avegant Glyph is good because it fills your vision enough to appreciate a film, but you can see over it when the flight attendant comes by with drinks.

What's that dildo for?

pffft
My raspberry pi tablet fits into my pocket no prob

kek you are teasing me, show us moar

OP and your pic are made by the same company and have the same screen size, baka user