Distros

>Try out like 6 or 7 different linux distros to make myself feel like a l33t hacker. Spent countless hours figuring out various linux commands, and random configurations, and applications. (i know real skillful huh)
>have kali, tails, and puppy os on separate flash drives for various occasions. Occasions which I know I'll never utilize
>realize that I've been wasting my time with this bullshit operating system circle jerk, and have no practical skills
>feel completely overwhelmed with the potential job market I hopefully will face (if I don't fail out before hand)
>feel inadequate to even comp sci majors because I fell for the engineering meme and spent half my time learning how many fucking volts are gained through some dipshit op amp
>can't do a single productive thing with my skills I've learned
>have a decent grasp on java and c++, but even if I understood it completely, can't think of a good reason to use them.
>3rd year in undergrad engineering, realizing I fell for the engineering meme.
>No social life, and still you under perform against your peers who party every weekend.
>feel like a fucking retard to your peers, and struggle to barely make the grades to stay in the school of engineering
>feel like I shouldn't have picked a career path just for the money. But then again, would despise myself if I knew I was making less just because I was too lazy.
But hey at least I got.. idk at least I have a nice cozy room where i can sit here and be away from people. My arrogance overwhelms me at times and most of the day is spent daydreaming of doing the things that will actually make me a greater person. Of course these delusions manifest in me dicking around on the internet and pretending to know things that I really don't understand in the slightest. Only thing that can really motivate me sometimes is the occasional drug(stims) binge.

Anyone else been in this situation? Doesn't seem like it will ever get better.

lol drugs

for real though switch majors fuck the world

It's too late. Unless I want to spend 6 years in undergrad

Nice blog, subscribed. only you can improve your life. find something that makes you happy and pursue it block Sup Forums and your other time wasting sites on your router and go do something else that makes you happy and achieve the goals you daydream about

slashdot or reddit?

block those as well, I don't even know why you asked that. I'm not familiar with their urls though so you'll have to look those up in your history

do it

you'll be better off

Gpa would be trash compared to comp sci folks. And idk if an extra year and half is worth it

i bet the mods are going to let this thread stay because it has nothing to do with kernel development

seriously, fuck the mods

I try to get a job based on money and what is actually possible for me, since there is nothing that I find fun, and I've done quite a lot of things, I'm simply bored with life.
The only time when I'm not bored to death is when I listen to music and sleep, but I have no interest in working with mixing and music production.
I'm just sitting here brainlessly studying for a decent engineering job, waiting for something out of the ordinary to happen.
I also imagine how I'd look in different jobs, both grand and small ones, but for some reason I never actually see myself in them, it's always someone who looks slightly like me doing something I'd never do.

If I'd have to give you a tip it would be to give up on everything, find 1 thing that you like and dedicate your life to that, even if it means having a worthless job that you hate to be able to do that 1 thing in the best way, if it is stims then get really expensive ones.
Putting up a goal for something you want to so is also a good thing, no matter how stupid it is.

I want to get a cheap 4 room apartment (bedroom, kitchen, toilet, living room) and refurbish it with insanely expensive stuff, just to make the landowner try to put a higher price on the rent or kick me out, it won't take me anywhere in life but at least I'll be preoccupied.

Stop spamming the board.

You're an engineer. It's easier to learn bash and how to use Linux than learning engineering. You're complaining about a problem that could go away in a few days, it's not hard to learn the command line.

Seriously though, sorry for dumping my emotions out in a place where it doesn't belong. I'm just drunk and bored and spent all night trying to format a fucking usb drive that somehow was stuck in read only. I know I'm an idiot, and sorry.

Thanks man

rope is just a dollar

neck yourself

My problem isn't with bash. It's with math and engineering. Shit seems fucking impossible and idk if it's designed to feel like that or I'm just not smart enough to handle it.

you know it is

you're wasting your time might as well waste it on something you like

Considering it. Life's a fuckin joke haha. living like this for another 30 years of my career? I don't think I'll do it

>you're wasting your time might as well waste it on something you like

You're underestimating the sheer amount of money I'd lose.

not like you actually have a problem with that. right? lol come on it'll be fun

I was in your shoes at the beginning of the semester. And even though I hate it, I refused to let myself sit in my room this year. And it's made a huge difference.
I actually work on things when I'm sitting on campus. I'm more likely to have a chat with someone I know. Not that I really like it (most of them aren't the brightest, and in a major I don't really care to associate with), but hey, networking. When spare time comes up, I feel awkward about browsing social media in public, so I learn things, or work on programming projects.
I had to stop this "close myself inside and waste my time" shit. And I did. And I hope you can too.

Engineering tier math is easy so youbare definitely doing something wrong. Im an engineer myself.

Do you study at home or only on campus?
Do you like math?
Do you take notes?
Is math related to science?
If you answer "No" on one of these, then you have the major reason for why it's hard.

>Do you study at home or only on campus?
>Yes or No
Fuck
Yes means "Yes I study at home"
No means "No I only study on campus"
And while we're being retarded we can add this question:
Do you study at all?

Calculus is important for engineering, accept it and try to learn it. It's not some bullshit, it's very important stuff.

Man, life is a series of trade-offs and compromises. You make your decisions and live with the results + everything else going on around in the universe. Choosing financial security is one of those decisions and you can change it at anytime but understand there will be consequences to any action you take, including continuing down your current path.

Good luck.

Engineering majors aren't only about teaching you some notions. Their main goal is to force you to change the way you think, and it's painful i know, i just majored.
You have to endure the math, and if you do that you'll realise one day that the problem you have in front of you, first looks impossible, then looks difficult, then something inside you notices that maybe it's solvable after all. From that moment, what you are studying will have sense. It's a tough journey, but after all nothing comes without sacrifices, right?

>falling for the college meme

Fucking lmaoing at your life

Nice blog mate. Subscribed.

what is wrong with only studying at campus?
I completed my degree without having to study at home.
I spent a ton of time on campus though.