Live webcams around the world

Why are there not more HD webcams watching the streets around the world?

I'd love to see some high def video feed from, say, San Francisco, Madrid, or Rome - but almost every sketchy video feed out there is of a carpark, or a side street in darkness, or a dock. HD cameras are cheap now, why has no one set up HD cameras for people to look through. Grr #nerdrage.

Other urls found in this thread:

insecam.org/en/view/300423/
webcam.nl/live_streaming/
insecam.org/en/view/508539/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>proprietary botnet watching everyone
That's why

bandwidth isn't cheap

* hides this thread for Eric Arthur Blair *

is this even legal?

insecam.org

I know it's not legal in the Netherlands at least. You can't just record public spaces constantly. Pretty sure you can't record any faces in public ever even.

insecam.org/en/view/300423/

Sure its legal - i used to have a live camera pointing out of my window when I lived in London, you could see Big Ben in the distance, got quite a lot of views.

That's like saying rape is legal because you have a spiderman costume. Sure you can, and maybe you won't get caught, but that doesn't make it legal. The danger lies in upscaling, which attracts attention.

>I know it's not legal in the Netherlands at least.

webcam.nl/live_streaming/

Surely only problems arise if you are invading privacy - but if your camera cant see into peoples houses or follow them around then it should be fine.

Well, some of those seem to be from the government, which would be legal. The privately owned ones aren't legal, even if they are shown there. You can't record public streets, etc. unless you are authorized to handle personal data.

>You can't record public streets

Thats some orwellian shit right there

Will Be Off From Uni And I Am 10 Minutes Away.
Bayern, Coburg
insecam.org/en/view/508539/
Please Watch Friends Promise You I Am Mad Man You Will Laugh!

What? That you're not allowed to invade other people's privacy (schedules, etc.)? That you're not allowed to steal other people's personal data (faces, license plates)?
The constant recording of a public place would be orwellian.

put your keyboard in english, it is easy to write in your tablet

It's deemed a threat by most jurisdictions because it can be used for stalking. Easy to track them through public areas and then murder them or mug them or give them cookies against their will when in an area you deem safe to strike. It's not like they stop existing when they walk off camera.

>Grr #nerdrage.

holy shit fucking kill yourself

in america the saying is "reasonable expectation of privacy", which you have none. if its visible from the street, you can stand there and record in someones window all day. in most places you can even go to a shopping center and stick your camera under a girls skirt and youll be in your legal right to do so.

>hash tag nerrrd rage!!! am I right fellow Sup Forums im into technology as you are

okay you see ? you see yes