What is the most lightweight version of pic related...

what is the most lightweight version of pic related, i just recieved this new awful """creators" update and im honestly so sick of all this shitty bloatware

i'm already running a dual boot system with a linux distro so don't suggest linux

LTSB

Came here to say this.
But its still windows 10 so stay paranoid

>LTSB
could ypu please explain more?

Enterprise version of windows stripped of the bloat and is meant to run in vital systems. You can only legally own it through enterprise keys.

You forgot to mention the part where it's a year-old build that's missing the improvements they've made to WDDM and DWM since then, and won't get them for another couple of years.

I was reading an article on why it exist. The author joked about the masses wanting a stable windows with no sudden updates that ran well. Then said oh well

you mean it's a different version like the ''pro'' or ''family'' for older OSs?

Yes, but you can only get them (legally) with an enterprise license, which can only be bought on bulk. There are some ways to get it without having to pay, though. You just have to search around.

Windows 7

what if i update a pro win7 to win10?

You're getting Pro Win10. At least you can disable updates with that.

freebsd

If you live in the EU you can buy a key for like 5€ off eBay because of based consumer protection laws

really? can you buy me one and ill give you some money on paypal?

go to Config -> Start Menu - > Don't show App list

It will still have much of the bloat

right click on tile -> uninstall

Terrible excuse. The fact that it's there in the first place is already a problem in and of itself, not to mention that the Home edition forces you to update

>reinstalls
Don't give us that uninstall bullshit. You have to go in the fucking system and turn that shit off. you have to go into the store to turn off the automatic updates and downloads.
I fucking hate windows 10
I hate it I hate it
I just want to use fedora or arch but fucking need it for muh games visual studio and other bullshit. FUCK YOU MICROSHIT YOUR STORE SUCKS ASS. NO ONE WANTS TO USED YOUR WALLED GARDEN SHIT. IF I WANTED THAT SHIT I'D USE A FUCKING MAC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the first insider build for RS4 already fixes that. "Don't reinstall shit that was previously uninstalled"

>walled garden
>can literally side load everything
um remind me again why it's a bad thing people can update all their apps in one place?

>you can only use these apps
>if your company wants to have an app on our platform they have to pay us :^^^^^^)))))
>lol steam the fuck is a steam oh that valve shit yea just use us rebuy all your games goy
>oh you want to use other things either than the store well guess you have to buy premium

It would be good if you could use some package manager to download and update store apps. There used to be plans for OneGet but I don't know what happened with it.

I heard the education edition can disable bloatware like the enterprise edition. I can get keys on the down low thanks to my community college. Worth it?

>you can only use these apps
As opposed to only being able to use apps you can find online? What would functionally be the difference here?
>its totally ok for steam to get a cut of the games they sell but not windows

If you really need Windows for whatever reason then get it. You also have more control over updates as well.

anyone can post a program online
not everyone has the pockets to get that app to the microshit store

I see. I already have windows 10 home, but my brother is configuring a laptop to sell and needs a windows 10 product key.

fuck you linux has had this since forever and it's not a piece of shit