IT'S FUCKING OVER

>The Pixel 2 XL display has a consistent "dirty" grain to it, and you can see it all the time if you know what to look for. But the dirt is most noticeable in a dark room with the screen at 0-percent brightness, which is a totally normal, "night time" use case. Anytime there's a solid color background—like, say, in a list with a white background—you'll see the grain. It jumps out when you're scrolling, when the text moves but the layer of grain is stationary. If you're not in the "night time" scenario, the grain is much less noticeable. But if you look closely, especially during scrolling, you can see it is always present.

>Buying a Pixel phone in the first place.

Same panel as the LG V30, are we really surprised?

No one can compete with samsung display quality.

lol you actually bought that thing?

fuckin dumbshit

>has a consistent "dirty" grain to it,
I don't get it. Is that supposed to be a good thing? It sounds like an undesirable quality in a display.

Oled iPhone. Nothing compares to oled

>ishit

Enjoy your 3rd degree burns.

The Pixel XL 2 and V30 are both OLED panels idiot.

The difference is they're LG produced OLED panels.

Samsung OLED panels are simply better, and that's why the new iPhone uses a Samsung OLED panel instead of a shitty LG panel.

>Have a Vive
>Vive has the crosshatching as seen on the left
>In only one eye, so it's not even consistent
I love the thing but fuck me if that doesn't annoy me in SteamVR's UI. You never notice it in games, though.

>buying a phone that costs >200€
not even once

Really seems like a nitpicky thing to care about. Sure, it's a completely valid point to bring up, and in two identical phones, you would obviously go with the Samsung, but if the Pixel has better performance, features, or anything else you want in a phone, I can't imagine considering this a deal breaker.

get the non xl then, it doesnt have that problem

Because it uses a Samsung OLED.

But those bezels are disgusting.

The S8 and Note 8 have better features and anything else you want in a phone desu, including a headphone jack

>giving your money to become further attached to the botnet

>not waiting for the perfected iPhone X2
[spoiler]LOL[/spoiler]

TIME TO STOP XD DOES ANYONE ELSE LOVE FAGGOT YOUTUBE PERSONALITIES!?

>quality
Count the green pixels

kys, the current LG's use the same pentile layout the Samsung OLEDs use, they're just terrible shitty quality control.

So are there any pictures of this? I'm curious.

xddd hey b0sss

Jesus fuck.

grainy screen is not a defect. Its a feature to please Sup Forumstards, who use matte monitors

Sounds like a typical anti-glare coating? Most IPS monitors have this.

You shouldn't need it if your screen can get bright enough.

Note 8 or Galaxy S8 don't have a grainy matte coating and they look fantastic in bright sunlight because their OLED panel has enough power to overcome almost any direct sunlight.

>Color degradation and burn in
Thanks but no thanks

What the fuck? I have a 139€ phone and it's fine. Fucking faggot

Nice paper texture effect, innovative.
applel BTFO

IT'S A FEATURE

You do realize that > means bigger/larger than?

>tfw my plain old IPS opo doesnt even have this problem

lmao

The absolute state of oled

>tfw IPS LCD doesn't have this problem
It's a goddamn phone not a TV I think I'll be fine with some light bleed

It's only an issue with LG OLEDs

What are those two phones?

Pixel 2 on the left, Pixel 2 XL on the right

Pixel 2 (samsung OLED)
Pixel 2XL (LG OLED)

So glad I got a Sony Xperia™

why do these companies that want to use OLED screens think they can compete with scamsung when they're obviously years ahead of them

LG has great OLED panels for TV but they're not power efficient enough for a mobile device so they use these...

My feature phone does not have this problem.

The display of the iPhone X is manufactured entirely by Samsung
That's also why Apple is currently investing millions into LG to have an alternative to them

Oh how funny it would be for Samsung to buy out LG

youre mistaken for samsung

>Samsung OLED panels are simply better
This is surprising considering LG is making the best-looking (OLED) TV sets right now.

TV panels and smartphone panels are totally different things.

The increased pixel density isn't just a simple thing.

Samsung has spent generations tuning it's OLED production specifically for smartphone sized panels, it's no shock they're several years ahead of LG here.

cannot happen

Everything and anything is possible user

Pixel? More like POOxel

Is the s7 edge/iphone 7 the best phones on the market right now?