Redpill me on LineageOS Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineageos.org/
get.aospa.co/official
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not a botnet

Do most people go without Gapps ?

I do. Im not sure what other peopledo, but I got tired of gapps quick.

Most people? No. People who care about their privacy? Yes.

>Care for privacy
>Not using replicant
Kys faggot

protects you from the botnet by randomly wiping your phone

it's still the best option.
CM was better.

Pretty sure you've never used. This shit can't even Wi-fi. And it's full of bugs which can make even a simple call to be a nightmare.

I used uber or lyft more often than not, so I installed a lite version of Gapps (it only added google play services and play store, also I removed most permissions of play services and limited data usage), so far is working great and the whole process doubled my battery life.

why did everyone suddenly switch from cyanogenmod to this?

privacy is one thing but battery life is longer too when those are removed

It's cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because CM is dead after the CEO fucked it all up and CM's dev team broke off and founded lineage.

Cyanogen formed a company to partner with OEMs, that went under for whatever reason but the dead company still held the copyright that they had signed over. So they changed the name.

Installed in a month ago on an unused nexus 7 (wifi/grouper). The build for that tablet is 'unofficial'; I grabbed it via a thread on xda-developers. Tablet goes like snot now. I am using it regularly. Two thumbs up from me.

I do. Download apk files from elsewhere. Avoid Mr G for as much as I can.

Are any Gapps alternatives usable on LineageOS OS and LineageOS based ROMs?

User YalP Storecfrom fdroid

This is Cyanogenmod

Cyanogen was just a dumb fuck and lost the rights to the name in his silly business idea. Devs continued working on the ROM under a different name

Can I install this on my Google Pixel and would I lose my free Google storage if I did?

Yeah I think that MicroG or whatever it's called should work

Anyone know if Lineage will get native support for Substratum themes any time soon?

Lineage is both laggier and buggier compared to CM, at least on my Nexus 6P.

Part of me is considering just grabbing the latest CM build and sticking with it.

>care for privacy
>uses a smartphone
Kys faggot

How long does it take before a device gets an official rom? The mogo g5 plus was released back in march and it still does not have an official rom yet, ive been waiting for long time now

kek

it means your device does not have a dedicated autistic who maintains it for prolonged period of time.

i wish it did, all the other moto g have good support, it was the reason i went with the 5

botnet

I'm not going to pay $600 for a Librem 5 so this is the only option

>installing backdoored OS to device you always keep with because it was marketed as "secure"

Is it usable on xiaomemi? Or is it '''''''99% usable''''''' - half of the stuff doesn't werk?

the best support are the true chink phones not the chink wannabes why'd you even go for that if what you wanted was support?

dumb moto user

nigger, most of those chink phone wont give me lte, and the support seems to be even worse. what would u recommend?

one plus meme

It's been smooth as shit on my Zenfone 2

Substratum is cancer though. CM theme engine was way better and simpler to use. Would be nice if they bring it back.

Shit. Refuses to even install.

Had to get a customized version of it made by Sultan to get it to run on OPO.

So.what makes LineageOS better than other roms such as Paranoid Android?

So.what makes LineageOS better than other roms such as Paranoid Android?

download.lineageos.org/
vs
get.aospa.co/official
Aside for the self signed cert on the paranoid download site (and it automatically redirects to http), lineage has more supported devices, so chances are you don't have to compile it yourself

I have an OP3 and it is supported by both I'm more interested about the user experience and the important differences. I've used PA before on my Nexus 4 but I haven't really used CM

Buggy piece of shit

My device is not supported by both, so you are in a better position to compare and tell others

They patched the krack exploits in a day or so after the disclosure. That's pretty based.

It keeps my Moto G (1st gen) usable

Literally god-tier if you compile it yourself and remove the fucking cancerous shit the stock browser is.

Can't you remove the stock browser without compiling yourself

I should pull my finger out and make a build for my MediaPad X2, Huawei haven't supported it in forever but the hardware is still going strong.

>chinkphone
>wonder why it runs like shit

Works on my machine :^).

LineageOS marketed? Do you live in the same reality as other people? Which alternative would you suggest?

This is Sup Forums.
Some people think that if you talk about something you are a shill.

he is true tho. go with xiaomeme midrange. They always get good devs and long term support even if xiaomi drops those devices in future. But pick a one with snapdragon.

>Redpill
Stop

I want to go gappless. But what do I do about paid apps?

AFAIK microg doesnt work on Lineage because it doesn't have signature spoofing which is needed.

>Pirate
>back up ones you own
If the apps need google services then leave them behind

Despite it being based on Lineage, PajeetSoft's Resurrection Remix is better aka Curry Remix

cxheapest usable model, athat works in the us? i need to run lineage with a minimal gapp install

mi5/s/splus