For those who use python, what IDE do you use? I'm just getting started learning and I want to use the best one

For those who use python, what IDE do you use? I'm just getting started learning and I want to use the best one.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/JetBrains/intellij-community/tree/master/python
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nvm found one

I use vim but thats not an ide
PyCharm is free(not oss tho), robust and cross platform. It uses Java so if for some reason that doesn't work don't use it.

Vscode works well alsom

no need to use ide for learning python

started learning python today too, PyCharm is great. Can handle virtualenvs too which is nice.

Notepad++ with PyNPP

vim

OP here, this course I'm taking recommends I use IntelliJ IDEA, anyone use that before and is it good?

Atom as always, with beautifier and vim packages

Is Atom any better now? Was always sluggish for me. VSCode runs like a dream comparatively.

this has literally never been funny

not a single person has ever laughed at this

It only starts slowly, after it, it's fast I can say.

Does it still struggle with large files?

haha!

I don't know, I'm working with php files mainly and these aren't large.

Cheers user, might give it another go. Vim plugin in VSC is sketchy.

>Python
>IDE

Come on man.

Aren't they useful for beginners since most highlight errors and for debugging?

maybe my work isn't too complicated, but for what i'm using python for now, i've just been using vim.
for java i do have to use an ide, but fuck remembering what to type to get what i want.

yes, no need to run the whole shit over and over again finding little mistakes here and there

How do I learn to use vim?

Run vimtutor

damn, can't even type coherently today.
vimtutor, and using it exclusively. started this summer and it's been going pretty well. still have to do :help every now and then, but feeling comfortable with it otherwise.

Pycharm and its parent project IntelliJ IDEA are FOSS, they're licensed under Apache 2.0. The professional editions that JetBrains sell are closed source. If you don't buy it you're not using anything proprietary.

github.com/JetBrains/intellij-community/tree/master/python

Vim plus the GNU Core Utils

stay to sublime or notepad++. both are are text editors with syntax highlighting and some basic features like defining macros. that'll be enough for learning the language and it's not that distracting for a beginner. you can use an ide if you need other features or toolintegration. but don't confuse yourself with that at that point. enjoy your first steps into the world of programming and have fun.