Antivirus

What's Sup Forums's preferred antivirus?

I had Kaspersky but my license ran out and considering the recent news about it being Russian spyware I figured I should pick something else lol. Or should I give a shit since I'm not hosting classified documents?

Free would be cool since I'm poor, but I'm willing to pay for quality.

also, inb4 use linux, I love linux as much as the next nerd, but I do require windows for school and some games

I'm probably wrong, but isn't Defender now more or less OK?

Common Sense 2012 LTS

Noscript, ublock, mse and your fucking brain.

Anything else is just compensating for stupidity.

I'm not sure, I've heard mixed reviews. I'd probably just use that but I do torrent occasionally

Immunet or Avira

As long as you dont roam on the shitty parts of the internet, yes, defender is quite good nowadays for the average user.

Is that really enough? I'm pretty good about avoiding most shit, but the reason I'm worried is because I torrent. Is scanning them with defender enough?

Common Sense 2018.
Supplement with Windows Defender if necessary.

antivirus is for faggots that can't recognize processes and browse the internet without an adblocker

CS major here, I use Linux for school and PlayOnLinux for games

>the recent news about it being Russian spyware I figured I should pick something else lol.

here's what actually happened by the way:

NSA contractor took some NSA malware home to play with
Computer he put the malware on had kaspersky installed
Kaspersky detected the new malware and sent it off for analysis back to kaspersky HQ
literally every antivirus does this by the way
kaspersky HQ then probably notified whatever the russian equivalent of the NSA is about this new malware
Israel was somehow dug into kaspersky and/or russian intel agencies and told NSA that kaspersky identified their malware
US government went full SHUT IT DOWN on kaspersky

Same, we use MASM and VS in my classes, couldn't get MASM running under wine, havent tried VS. Any experience with those?

Source?
I kinda figured it got blown out of proportion, but that's ridiculous

Stop pirating games faggot.

Windows Defender can't block minero coin miner and this browser shit.
The best free AV overall is Bitdefender.

I don't really pirate games anymore. Nowadays I mostly only pirate textbooks lol

Honestly defender eats up too many resources. I’d use web root for a supplementary install and forget anti virus

None.
Prevention is key.

SElinux, fail2ban, firewalls, hardened kernel, encryption.

you sound like the guy who is proud of not having any STDs because he never leaves his bedroom.

Been with ESET for years, nothing to complain about.

okay that one gave me a chuckle

fuck you nerd. it takes hardly any knowledge at all to avoid getting a virus these days. newfags and grandmas are the only ones getting infected and even then its not even an infection, just a fake bsod with an indian number to call.

Windows Defender with the free version of Malwarebytes for scans
I try to use PlayOnLinux when I can but sometimes it just doesn't work. For instance Cuphead doesn't let me use a controller for some reason so I have to play it on Windows